“Highly recommended !”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Blackpool
Adelaide House Hotel
Ranked #13 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I would highly recommend this hotel, all the staff from the cleaners, waitressess to the owners themselves are wonderful & helpful & treat you as old friends rather than customers. The food is excellent both in terms of quantity and quality & the rooms & hotel in general are all kept smart & clean on a daily basis. I stayed with the full age range from an 8 year old to an 80 year old & they accommodate all ages from doing their best to provide for fussy eating children to accommodating my father who had been unwell prior to the trip & all his extra medical equipment & they kindly provided extra pillows & a fan for his room in the hot weather. Nothing is too much trouble for them, you only have to ask and they will do their best to sort anything out for you & make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. The hotel itself is just behind the Houndshill Shopping Centre so you are far enough away from the seafront & all the nightlife if you want a good peaceful nights sleep but close enough to most of the attractions which are just a very short walk away. You literally set foot out the hotel & are at the heart of Blackpool ! It’s roughly just a simple one minute walk across the road & you are through the shopping centre & just a short walk away from the Tower, Circus, Dungeons, Sea Life Centre, Dinosaur World, Crazy Golf, Illuminasia, Winter Gardens, Lifeboat Station, North & Central Piers, theatres, arcades, shopping precinct & many more. If you wish to explore attractions further away such as the Zoo, Stanley Park, Pleasure Beach, South Pier, Casino, Water World etc then the bus and tram stops are close by & the hotel even has a direct line to the local taxi service which will pick you up from the door of your hotel & deliver you back again. If you are having a day out and don’t think you will make it back in time for the 5 o’clock evening meal service just let them know and they will put your evening meal back to the 6 o’clock service. If the evening weather isn’t so good or you’re tired after a day exploring Blackpool & want a night in the hotel there’s a TV lounge, dart board, pool table, books, computer games for the children & separate bar area with singers & bingo on most evenings. The only thing I can think of that might be able to improve things for the future if it were possible is I don’t know whether it would be financially feasible or technically possible to add some form of stair lift or mobility aid to the hand rails at the front of the hotel to help for example some of the elderly or those that don’t walk so well like we had on our coach trip to help get up and down the front steps of the hotel but I appreciate this may be easier said than done with hotels built from that era in this style. But otherwise this is a really wonderful hotel with great staff and can’t wait to come back again.

Room Tip: All the rooms I have stayed in have been equally as good but if ever you have any problems don't...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Shaun D
adelaidehouse, Manager at Adelaide House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing us a fantastic review. We are really pleased that you enjoyed all the amenities here at Adelaide House and found the staff and ourselves to be friendly and helpful. We always show our staff the reviews and it is much appreciated when a guest takes the time to leave wonderful feedback about their stay. We hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Blackpool !

with best wishes,

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at adelaide house hotel from 28th july until 2nd august. We had a fantastic time we av stayed here many times we find it good value for money, the food is lovely with plenty of choice and tne hotel is nice and clean. Also very well situated bout 15mins from blackpool north railway station and bout 2 mins away from hounds hill shopping centre.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank gemmalouis
adelaidehouse, Manager at Adelaide House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing us a lovely review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us again, and enjoyed all we have to offer. It is lovely to welcome back regular guests and I have passed on your comments to the staff.
We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Adelaide House!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Me and my mum have just spent a fantastic weekend at the Adelaide hotel. I came across the hotel on Thursday evening after having booked another guest house which when I had seen it wasn't suitable for my elderly mother. The owners are very helpful and friendly and I even have a twin working there who's name is Julie she also is from St Helens, The rooms were spotless and from the cleaning staff, bar staff and waitresses I could not fault a thing. I have tried to book again for September and October but up to now the hotel is fully booked, I hope I am lucky enough to get a cancellation. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for somewhere to stay in Blackpool and I hope to return soon.

Mrs Riley
St Helens

Room Tip: I was on the top floor and couldn't fault it so I assume all rooms would be the same.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank raggydoll2014
adelaidehouse, Manager at Adelaide House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review. It was great to meet you this week and I am very pleased that you found everything up to our usual excellent standard. I have passed on your comments to our staff (including your double !!) and if we get any cancellations for the two times during the illuminations that you wanted to return to us, we will let you know straight away.

Once again many thanks, and we look forward to seeing you back again at Adelaide House!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Been to this hotel a few times before, and felt this time it was let down with the breakfast, they ran out of Orange juice, all food pre cooked, when it came I could stand my fork up in the egg yoke it was solid and not fresh at all, second day I asked for a hard boiled egg, that came within 2 mins, boiling a hard boiled egg it takes around 10 min, so that could not of been freshly cooked either. Think the hotel rooms needs a bit of a update .Our room was scorching hot, good job our mum brought a fan. Plus points, friendly staff and a very clean hotel, great location.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank fergiep

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am sorry that after visiting us on a number of occasions previously, you found the breakfast not up to our usual excellent standard. I would like to address these matters for you. If for some reason our waitresses hadn't replenished the juice on the buffet table, they would have done so straight away if you had only asked. (we never run out of juice, as we have a constant large stock ) Our chef cooks the eggs around every fifteen minutes to ensure they are all fresh and hot. If your egg yolk was not to your liking then again, if you had asked your waitress she would have replaced it with a freshly cooked runny egg. All our food is freshly cooked. The boiled egg that came within two minutes was again for the same reason, the chef was making boiled eggs regularly, and happened to have two that had just been boiled.
I am sorry that you found your room needing a bit of an update as we updated all of our rooms last February/March and April. We were very lucky to have had fabulous weather during the week you stayed with us, and therefore the room would have been warm. We do however give fans out to any guests that require one.

Thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed the friendly staff, clean hotel and great location.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel with 4 ladies and had a brilliant time .I chose this hotel because it was close to the Winter gardens because we were watching Mama Mia,a great show and was not disappointed.The rooms were very clean and adequate.All the food we had was very good and excellent service from the very friendly staff. We all had a great time and would return.Just one thing I would say is we returned late one night and had to ring the bell but we were let let in by the barman but he then told us the other key we had was for the front door just let customers know when they check in as we didn't know.All in all a great weekend had by all

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
adelaidehouse, Manager at Adelaide House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us last week. (and I am pleased you enjoyed seeing 'Mamma Mia' across the road at the Winter Gardens....I went myself the other night and its a fantastic show!) On each keyring there is a bedroom key and a front door key for anyone coming back late at night, but we will make sure we remind our guests about it, thank you.

We hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to Blackpool.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

My family and I have been staying in this hotel for over five years now and my granny and friends have been staying in this hotel for over 25 years. As I am 18 I thought I wouldn't enjoy coming but I ended up having a really good time as the hotel has really good entertainment each night and it is better when you come with family and a big group. The meals were very good and there was a good variety to choose from each day. The rooms were spotless and left neat and tidy each day. All the staff were very friendly and attentive which made us feel very welcomed. I think you should consider making a Facebook page for this hotel. Good value for money! :)

Anna watson and family

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Anna W
adelaidehouse, Manager at Adelaide House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your lovely review from your stay this week. It was great to see you all again. This crowd from Ireland have been coming for 20 + years, so it is like having family back and the staff really enjoy the week. (Andi has shown me the pictures from one of the bar nights and it looked brilliant ! ) I am glad that you found everything up to a high standard and we will certainly look into getting on Facebook !

We look forward to seeing you all again soon,

Caryn

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Great week staying in the Adelaide House Hotel,Caryn & Derek Dickson were superb hosts,staff very attentive one hundred percent... would recommend anytime, handy lift to all floors very helpful for OAPs,...keep up the good work guys xx

Room Tip: A front room lets you see the Tower
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
adelaidehouse, Manager at Adelaide House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely review ! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us last week, and I have passed on your wonderful comments to our staff. We are very proud to have such a good team of staff working for us, and it is nice when guests comment on how good they are. (and thank you for posting the great picture of your bedroom view of the Tower!)

We look forward to welcoming you back at Adelaide House on your next visit to Blackpool,

Caryn