Ascot Guest House
  • Free Internet
Melville Hotel(Blackpool)
Average 3/5
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsb bthe sea life centrelovely couplefull english breakfasta couple of minutes walkeaster weekendtea and coffee facilitiesmy partnergreat hostsa great staylovely breakfastwill definately be backtoastchoice of cerealsnext yearfeel welcomebunk beds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Arrived early with my young son, and were greeted at the door by Garry and Alison. Both helped us with our baggage and were amazingly warm and friendly putting us at ease straight away. This helped, as this trip was the first I took my son away, so was very anxious. We stayed a week.

We had a twin room with en suite, which was spotlessly clean, and each day, clean towels and tea and coffee were replenished. Free wifi, great for my son.

I notice people say the rooms are small, but believe me with a 9 year old boy the space was enough for us (he's very messy). There was ample room for us to put our belongings also.

The price was spot on and the breakfast was more than enough for us. Everything cooked to perfection, thank you.

The Ascot is about 5 minutes walk to the centre of Blackpool, I never used my car once, and being a bigger lady, if it was a long way I wouldn't of walked!

I would also like to say that this Guest House does not cater for the disabled, but during my stay the hosts catered for a lady in a wheel chair, and bent over backwards to make her stay as comfortable as possible. Amazing people.

I would totally recommend anyone to stay at the Ascot Guest House, where you will be warmly greated and taken care of by the hosts, Garry and Alison.

My son and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will most certainly stay there again. Thank you both for making our holiday even more special and enjoyable.

Ten out of ten from us.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet, clean to suit all needs.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We booked this accommodation on this Thursday evening to arrive the next day.
We choose the hotel based on the price and its location, that being very easy to get to the Winter Gardens.
Booked over the phone to arrange veggie breakfast.
Check-in time is 2pm, however they allowed us to check-in at 1pm.
Car parking is free at the accommodation and we managed to park on the front without any issues.
The owners are very pleasant and accommodating.
We had room No.7 which I would describe as cosy with an extremely comfy bed. No issues with the cleanliness. The only thing it lacked was a mat outside of the shower. As long as you don't expect a big room this room will be fine for your needs. At the end of the day we only you use a room to shower in and go to sleep in. The room has one wardrobe and two nest of draws, one at each side of the bed.
Breakfast was help yourself to cereals and juice and then the big fry-up with plenty of tea, coffee and toast.
The owners don't have a alcohol licence, however they do have a fridge in the lounge that you can use if you would like to bring your own drinks. There is no shortage of glasses.
There is so much choice of accommodation in Blackpool, however if we return I would definitely consider booking this accommodation again. You can't grumble for the price we paid.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Terrry2
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a few days away to watch the air show. What a wonderful little guest house. The hosts were brilliant and there wasn't anything that was too much trouble.
The rooms and all communal areas were clean and inviting.
The breakfast was plentiful and consisted of high quality ingredients.
We will definitely return and recommend to friends and family.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Last minute decision booked the Ascot because of the reviews it got, agree with all the reviews.Lovely couple made you feel you had known them for years.Room spotless, bed comfy and bedding and towels lovely and fresh.I have never had a breakfast as lovely as I had here well worth the money.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank angelahindley2016
Reviewed 25 June 2014

my daughter in law and I stayed here on Friday night whilst visiting Blackpool to see the legendary Rod Stewart. Alison and her lovely hubby made us very welcome from the minute we arrived.
When I booked there was only a small room available, however we were told they had managed to sort a larger room. Lovely comfy beds, with a spotless bathroom excellent hot shower. Nothing was too much trouble for our hosts. The breakfast was lovely with everything on offer. Thank you for a lovely stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family