“Home from home”

Ranked #29 of 856 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Portrush, United Kingdom
“Home from home”
Reviewed 23 September 2011

I stayed here from the 16th to the 19th of September. Right from the time I spoke to the owners on the phone when making the booking I knew I'd picked the right place. The cost of the 3 nights B&B was extremely reasonable and for just a little extra they collected me from the airport, dropped me back and dropped me into the course I was in Blackpool for each morning. They gave me such a lovely welcome and bent over backwards to insure I had everything I needed while I was there. My room was lovely and the hotel in general was very clean. The bed was comfortable and the hotel was nice and quiet at night. The food was great and they recommended good places for me to eat out. I didn't have bad meal the entire time I was in Blackpool thanks to them. Ian, Jay and Jamie are lovely people and treat you like part of the family. This was great as I'm a 30 year old female, I was travelling alone and it was nice to have someone there keeping me right. I may need to travel back to Blackpool again for further training weekends and would have no hesitation booking into Mayfield Hotel again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I had a lovely stay here for weekend for Deafpool 2011. The distance to centre of blackpool was brilliant, not far away. only 5-10mins away. Rooms of a high standard, wonderful beds, good foods (I love all day english breakfast!)- of course I would highly recommend staying for the weekends in that hotel. Absolutely great!

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor are quieter
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Rooms of a high standard, comfortable beds, food great,- would recommend staying for the evening meals,Ian, Jay and Jamie cannot do enough for you, your well being comes first and formost to them. Cannot find fault. First class. Would recommend this hotel to everyone. We will most certainly be going back in the near future.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2011

every year since they opened i have taken my little girl olivia to stay with " uncle ian, aunty jay and jaime ", and each stay is better than the last. the food is the best ive tasted and ian jay and jaime always go out of their way to please you . its a second home and an extended part of the family at the mayfield, always look forward to staying there and always hate to leave. always a pleasure and will definately come back

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 17 August 2011

I had a lovely stay here for 3 nights while I was in town for the rebellion punk festival. Ian, Jay, and Jaimie are amazing hosts, and make you feel like they're putting you up rather than staying in a hotel. They have a bar in their living room along with a big telly where everyone hangs out, right next to a huge dining room where a full breakfast is served, As well as around the clock tea and coffee. The rooms are very cozy and have everything you need, and there are nice shared bathrooms on each floor. It's located about a 20 minute walk from central downtown along the water which is perfect, it's nice and quiet so you can have a proper sleep. I definitely plan on staying there again next year, and would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
shrewsbury uk
Reviewed 14 August 2011

we have been to the mayfield several times...what can i say but another fantastic stay. the hotel is very clean with very comfortable beds. breakfast is fabulous as always in which we look forward to getting up in the morning for a good hearthy breakfast to start our day, back for evening meals which is just as good with a good variety to choose from. jay ian and jamie are very good hosts and me and my wife would not hesitate to recommmend the mayfield to any of our family and friends. rebooked again for the illuminations so we are definately returning.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
England
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Been Here A Few Times Now And Each Time Is Fantastic. Ian, Jay And Jamie Are All Great Hosts, Always Make U Feel At Home And Anything U Need U Just Need To Ask. The Rooms Are All Comfortable And Clean And The Food Is Amazing, The Breakfast Is Really Yummy And Keeps U Going All Day. Ian, Jay And Jamie Ave So Much To Do But Always Find Time To Come And Sit Down For A Chat And Make U Feel Welcome. Another Great Stay And We WILL Be Back Soon.

Thanks,