“Our new Blackpool family!”
Review of Mayfield Hotel

Mayfield Hotel
Ranked #46 of 863 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 October 2011

We arrived with a handshake & left with cuddles & kisses as if leaving close family & friends, that's the effect Ian, Jay & Jamie have on you. Truly wonderful hosts. So much so we almost contemplated adding an extra night to our stay. Our 1 year old daughter, Isla, was spoiled rotten by them and she loved it. The rooms were clean & comfortable, brekkie was excellent and the cosy, friendly feeling of the bar at night was magic. Ian & jay sit & have a drink with you and its feels like your in their living room, very relaxing.
All in all we've discovered a home from home and will Defo be back, see you next year guys!

Iain, Alison & wee Isla. X

• Stayed: October 2011

Reviewed 11 October 2011

Amazing stay recently at the Mayfield. Have been to Blackpool on numerous occaisions and this has been the best B & B by far. From the minute we got there the owners could not do enough for us. The food and room was excellent and the service was second to none. It is like being welcomed into a family home and nothing was too much trouble, from arranging an evening meal for the 4 of us at short notice, to moving their own car so we could have a parking space near by.
We definately hope to be back there soon!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Well what can we say about this lovely hotel?from the moment me and alan arrived we were made so welcome by jay.Ian and Jamie, we satyed for 2 nights and was made to feel at home.Rooms were high standard, comfortable beds,tea,coffee making facilities, clean and very quiet at night.Full english breakfast served to high standards and nothing is too much trouble for this lovely family run hotel.Would def recommend to friends and family and have booked again with my sister and niece in couple of weeks.Jay,Ian and jamie really cant do enough for you and are very welcoming its so nice that hotel owners actually care about their guests and always there to help with best places to visit,eating out etc thanks fab stay keep up the good work thanks Jamie you jamie great tea and coffee ha haTracy and Alan
x

Room Tip: All rooms are spacious
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2011

our annual visit to blackpool and we fell right at home in this hotel feels more like staying with family than a hotel they cant do enough for everyone thanks guys looking forward to seeing yous again

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 23 September 2011

I stayed here from the 16th to the 19th of September. Right from the time I spoke to the owners on the phone when making the booking I knew I'd picked the right place. The cost of the 3 nights B&B was extremely reasonable and for just a little extra they collected me from the airport, dropped me back and dropped me into the course I was in Blackpool for each morning. They gave me such a lovely welcome and bent over backwards to insure I had everything I needed while I was there. My room was lovely and the hotel in general was very clean. The bed was comfortable and the hotel was nice and quiet at night. The food was great and they recommended good places for me to eat out. I didn't have bad meal the entire time I was in Blackpool thanks to them. Ian, Jay and Jamie are lovely people and treat you like part of the family. This was great as I'm a 30 year old female, I was travelling alone and it was nice to have someone there keeping me right. I may need to travel back to Blackpool again for further training weekends and would have no hesitation booking into Mayfield Hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I had a lovely stay here for weekend for Deafpool 2011. The distance to centre of blackpool was brilliant, not far away. only 5-10mins away. Rooms of a high standard, wonderful beds, good foods (I love all day english breakfast!)- of course I would highly recommend staying for the weekends in that hotel. Absolutely great!

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor are quieter
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Rooms of a high standard, comfortable beds, food great,- would recommend staying for the evening meals,Ian, Jay and Jamie cannot do enough for you, your well being comes first and formost to them. Cannot find fault. First class. Would recommend this hotel to everyone. We will most certainly be going back in the near future.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family