“Another wonderful stay at the Mayfield!”
Review of Mayfield Hotel

Mayfield Hotel
Ranked #33 of 856 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Another wonderful stay at the Mayfield!”
Reviewed 1 September 2012

We returned for our second visit to the Mayfield recently. It was even better than the last time we went. Stayed 4 nights and our hosts Ian, Jay & Jamie just couldn't do enough for us. The rooms and meals were excellent - both breakfast & evening meals. It's the most friendly place I've stayed in & can't wait to return!

• Stayed August 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Fifield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I stayed at the mayfield hotel in july with my friends and will be returning in the future. This is a very welcoming hotel cant do enough for you which makes your stay much more relaxing. The food is fantastic the rooms are very clean and well decorated! There is also a bar which which is open till late so if you are going to enjoy the nightlife in blackpool your first stop is the mayfield. Very reasonable prices and overall brilliant hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
York
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We stayed here with our 7-year old Granddaughter for a couple of nights and can't fault it. We had a family room with two separate rooms and a bathroom which was ideal for us. The bedroom with Bunk Beds was popular!
Ian, Jay and Jamie were the perfect hosts and couldn't do enough for us. We ate at the Hotel for two nights and were pleased that we did as it was very good value-for-money for freshly made home cooking. breakfasts good too with plenty of choice. We got good advice about how to save money at the Pleasure Beach and on transport.
All-in-all if you want somewhere clean, friendly, convenient and homely to stay I doubt if you could do better for the money.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I spent 4 weeks between June and July 2012 staying with Ian, Jay and Jamie while working at the zoo they made me very welcome and were always happy to help esspecially with my specific dietary requirement of dairy free.
They quite enjoyed trying new recipes made with soya/dairy free ingredients and used me as a guinea pig for future lactose intolerant guests.
Nicely situated on the north shore away from the busiest areas which was ideal for me wanting my stay to be a bit quieter than the usual trip to Blackpool.
However the tower and north pier is only a short 15-20min walk or a few minutes on a tram or bus and your are in the heart of all the normal amenities travellers would want.
Good food, clean rooms, friendly owners and well priced what more could you ask for or want.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Highly recommend a stay here if your planning a trip to Blackpool. I stayed there with 2 other mates and were made to feel very welcome soon after arriving. Ian, Jay and Jamie are all extremely friendly and are happy to go the extra mile to help their guests. Our trip up north was for the Open golf championships which meant three pretty early starts, on the Friday they were more than happy (perhaps not happy....!) to get up before 6.00am to get our full english breakfast ready for us. A very nice touch indeed.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Just back from Monday to Friday visit at the Mayfield Hotel with my elderly mum and young daughter and if ever in Blackpool again, I'll be heading back there! Ian, Janice and Jamie can't do enough for their guests. Before going I enquired about contact numbers to hire a wheelchair for my mum but they did better than just give me some telephone numbers, they organised it for me so that when we arrived it was there waiting for us and they got a good deal too! Their knowledge of the area was great and they advised us on saving money on the trams etc! They make you feel so at ease and welcomed, they simply couldn't do enough for us! Both rooms we were in were comfortable and clean and the meals were great. We will be back again as my wee girl, mum and myself loved it and we were very well looked after, a home from home!!!

• Stayed July 2012
northants
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Ian Jay and Jamie are fantastic hosts its like going from home to home the rooms are great nice and clean the food is amazing always fresh and the portions are huge we have just come back and we have already booked again for august this is the place to be thanks again guys you are amazing

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family