“Fantastic”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The New Mayfair Hotel, Blackpool
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Just spent a fantastic week at the new Mayfair, what a change to go on holiday with my disabled father-inlaw and disabled grandaughter and come home feeling relaxed not stressed. My 6 year old grandaughter needs her food blending and this was not a problem at all plus she needs warm milk twice in the evening, long after the kitchen has closed, when I asked staff to warm milk for me it was done with a smile, and I was not made to feel like I was inconveniencing them at all, all the meals we had were fantastic a big thumbs up to the chef, think I gained a few pounds haha. The nightlyentertainment was very inclusive as the singers walk round the room, my grandaughter loved this as she was sung to personally. I really cannot praise the staff enough and I have booked to go back in nov as I enjoyed it so much. Keep up the good work Karen and the team as the new Mayfair makes a holiday just what it should be when you have disabled relatives.

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank Kathbull

Reviewed 30 September 2011

When my father was diagnosed with a terminal brain tumour, it was his wish that we spend one last weekend holiday together in Blackpool before he started radiotherapy sessions in Edinburgh. Unfortunately I chose The New Mayfair, mainly because of it's disabled facilities. My mother is paraplegic with an infected bedsore.

We drove down to Blackpool, arriving on Friday afternoon, the staff couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful as they booked my mum & dad and my sister into 2 seperate rooms on the first floor and my partner and I on the 3rd floor.
After spending the day and evening in town, my partner returned with my parents in a taxi leaving my sister and I the walk back to the hotel from the North Pier which took an extra hour.

Upon arriving at the hotel and finding the door locked, it took a few minutes to get the attention of the night porter who was clearly unhappy that he'd had to make an effort to open the door as after a 5 minute arguement with my sister in which he flat out refused to believe we were residents of the hotel, he begrudgingly allowed us entry to our rooms but not after insinuating that we were 'undersirables'.

After eating breakfast the following morning, a member of staff approached me about a complaint they're received about banging noises throughout the night. Neither my partner or I remembered any noise so I suggested she'd got the wrong person. This clearly didn't sit well.

We all left the hotel on Saturday morning at around 10:30am and spent the entire day in town again.

Later that night I shared the walk back to the hotel with my partner while my sister took my parents back in a taxi. I was Saturday 6th August and anyone in the area will remember a torrential down pour which my partner and I got caught in on the way back.

Upon arrival to the hotel, soaked to the skin, I walked into the bar area to speak to my parents and then turned to head up to my room for the night, tired, cold and soaked. As I turned however, the night porter walked right up to my face, clearly agitated about something and looking for a fight. He told me that if I didn't wish to comply with hotel rules, I was welcome to leave but when I tried to ask what he meant, he cut me short and continually waved his hand in my face, repeating "End of discussion!" Then he informed me that the hotel had a strict no smoking policy. I've never smoked in my entire life, either has my partner and he called us both liars to our faces adding that he'd been into my room and had smelled the smoke. Unsure why he'd even been in my room as he'd not started work till 8pm, I told him he was clearly wrong as I was never a smoker. Then he asked me to leave the hotel telling me I was no longer welcome and he threatened to call the police. I refused to be threatened when I had done nothing wrong so I insisted he call the police thinking I could lodge a complaint with them over what had just happened.

When they arrived, I explained what had happened along with my sister who'd been raised from her bed. The police informed me that it was a civil matter and there was nothing they could do but apologised over the hotels treatment of me and suggested I find a hotel nearby but I had already spent the best part of £1000 on this booking and had no more money or desire to go looking for a place to stay at 11:30pm on a cold, wet Saturday night.

So with no other alternative and being the main carers of my parents, we were forced to drive the entire family back to Scotland, shivvering, wet with the car windows steaming up and in appauling weather conditions. We arrived home at 3am.

The events of Saturday night took place in the middle of the bar area in front of my partner, my mum & dad and another couple who were sat at a table near the back. I've since been informed that the couple were casual visitors looking to 'check out the hotel' with a potential to booking and have since done so on account of being impressed by the night porters actions (Hotel Managers words)

I have since tried writing to the hotel for some sense of reason to what happened but far from being apologetic, the matter has been escalated from the General Manager to the hotel owners Safehands and it seems that they are more interested in trying to add insult to injury than admit any wrong. The General Manager (Karen Dixon) emulated the night porters actions and would not let me speak, cutting me short everytime I tried, telling me she fully supported the night porter's actions as she "Would not tolerate any abusive behaviour" in her hotel.

Although I asked that they take a look at any CCTV footage because I was in no way abusive and this would clearly show that, they either do not have any or do not wish it to be shown as it has never been mentioned by anyone but me. Something I find very strange for such a security concious hotel with its disabled guests being a number one priority.

I have now been accused of making banging noises, smoking, being abusive to the staff, being arrogant, being drunk, being undesirable and being a known criminal.

I'm now talking to Trading Standards and refuse to let this lie.

My father passed away on Monday 12th September 2011.This was the family's last chance to spend any quality time with him.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
62  Thank 752RobC
Reviewed 28 September 2011

Myself and my collegues brought several disabled clients to this hotel for a weekend break in September, we were greeted by extremely friendly reception staff who took our bags up to our rooms as we were allowed to relax in the lounge with complimentary teas and coffee's.
The rooms were brilliant and had all the specialist equipment we had requested, over our stay nothing was too much trouble for the staff, they catered for all our needs and then some.
The food was amazing, it was obviously fresh produce cooked by a very accomplished chef and it wasn't pretensious just extremely well cooked food.
The service was great and the staff were well equiped for our clients dietry requirements.
This was the first time we have been to this hotel but it will not be the last, I can recommend this hotel to anyone who deals with disabilities.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank sharon s
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Greeted with a smile
service with a smile
returned home with a smile
the New Mayfair is an excellent hotel which caters for people with special needs and disabilities
we had a 6 year old with special needs and a 80 year old with walking difficulties
from the minute we walked into the hotel till the minute we left ALL the staff were fantastic.nothing is too much trouble and always helpfull
the reception is very clean and modern with very helpfull staff
the food was excellent not 1 bad meal in 7 days
the rooms were tidy and quite spacious with a walk in shower cubical
at night there were entertainers on every night , very good and funny bar staff
we would like to say a very big thank you to everyone at The New MayFair for making our holiday very
enjoyable and been so helpfull hope to see you all again in the near future
Mark Kath Frank and Kaydi

• Stayed: August 2011
4  Thank Bfdvilla
Reviewed 25 July 2011

my friend and myself really enjoyed our time spent at the mayfair, everything, from hotel,staff, food, entertainment and mainly for the hotel being adapted for the disabled, it made such a difference over the time of our stay. this was a first time for us and i'm so sure it will not be the last. thankyou to all the staff for making our holiday so enjoyable...

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank isabella054023
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Having just returned from the newly refurbished New Mayfair hotel, where I led a party of 15 disabled people and 7 carers, I am happy to report that all of our party thoroughly enjoyed our holiday and that we received excellent service from the friendly staff.
Although we had our own transport for day trips, the hotel had their own disabled-friendly mini bus which some of our party used on occasions for local journeys.
Food and entertainment were excellent and there was a very friendly atmosphere which made for a very enjoyable stay.
Every room had an emergency button facility which 2 of our clients used on 2 seperate nights and it proved to be a very effective system as both clients needs were immediately taken care of, initially by hotel staff.
Well done the New Mayfair.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
7  Thank Carolethecarer
Reviewed 23 June 2011

i went to the mayfair with 2 other collegues and 2 adults with disabilities and found the whole hotel friendly and helpfull in every way nothing was to much for them to do food was good with a varied choice entertainment was lively and fun and the acts interacted with our group and others getting a good atmosphere going for all to enjoy only downside was the trams were not running and it was costly for taxi's all the time which is not the fault off the hotel however they have a minibus which will be up and running soon and they plan to use it for trips etc

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
7  Thank neddie2004
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blackpool
Clifton Park Hotel
#11 of 73 in Blackpool
New Hacketts Hotel
New Hacketts Hotel
#64 of 73 in Blackpool

Been to The New Mayfair Hotel, Blackpool? Share your experiences!