“fantastic”

Ranked #337 of 853 Blackpool B&B and Inns
scotland
“fantastic”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

really great time rooms clean and spacious and only minutes walk from all attractions and bus and trams steve and sue make you feel right at home has lovely small bar with pool table in with sky in bar and jukebox

Room Tip: we stayed in room 2 and 3 away from front so no traffic noise
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Sue and Steve run a fabulous guest house at the Ardwick. Rooms are ideal for the price and tea and coffee facilities are lovely to have. Breakfast is served efficiently and is an ideal start to the day. Bacon, egg, sausage, fried bread, a choice of beans or tomatoes and toast is all very tasty and juice, tea, coffee, fruit, cereals and yogurt are all complimentary too. The guest house is superbly located just a 3 minute walk from the promenade, central pier and trams. Showers and toilets are kept clean and an in-house bar provides refreshments and fun. All in all a great stay and we will use again - definately. Good job Sue and Steve and thanks for the welcoming hospitality.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Arrived on the Monday dinner time, only took a 5 min walk from the coach station to find. Staff were really welcoming when we arrived and were giving are keys straight away so that we could put our luggage in are room and go explore Blackpool. Steve and Sue the owner's are class to get on with and are always happy to help if in need of anything! Very clean and tidy bedroom's, great food and only a few min walk from the beach front and entertainment! It was me and my partner's first time away together without the kids, which was nice to have some us time, but would bring kids for a weekend one time as there lots for the kids too. Can't wait to book up for next time! :) xx

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Natalie W
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Spent a weekend here, was brilliant,clean, staff very friendly and helpful. My daughter loved it.Rooms lovely and cosy just what you need after a breezy day out. Would book again in a heartbeat. Very central to most of the attractions in Blackpool.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank kirstysienna
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Stayed in the hotel for a long weekend at the end of July, and I could not find a single fault with the hotel. As a group of 9 people, all aged 17-18, I think I speak for everyone when I say how fantastic it really was. The staff were hilarious and attentive, making sure we had everything we needed. They were also on hand to provide us with suggestions on how to spend our evenings, Steve, who runs the hotel, even provided us with vouchers to get a discount on popular blackpool attractions! By the end of the weekend he had nicknames for our entire group, I was flower, Steve and Sue genuinely make an effort to make your stay at the hotel fantastic.

The rooms were also clean and tidy, decorated well. The breakfast in the morning was also lovely, if you're not much of a fried food fan though there was also cereal and toast available. The location is also fantastic, literally a two minute walk from the central pier! I can't think of anything to fault the hotel on, so for that reason I would wholeheartedly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jordanelee D
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 September 2013

It's official. Whenever my girlfriend and I talk about what it means to stay in a bad hotel, we smile wryly and talk about our stay in Blackpool. We went as part of a larger group for two nights in March and came away slightly shell-shocked by the negativity of the experience.

The people who are running the hotel were polite, friendly and welcoming. Them, I can't fault, as reflected in my 'Service' sub-rating. The actual hotel, however...

The room was small, cramped and, we strongly suspect, unclean. We were so cold and alarmed by the burn marks and texture of the sheets that we slept in two layers of clothing to protect ourselves. Our 'non-smoking' room smelt of smoke and seemed generally cold and unwelcoming.

The shared bathroom facilities were a real disappointment. First of all, we had to ask for a bath towel - there was a rather startling presumption that we weren't expected to need to wash ourselves during our stay. Further, the shower simply would not heat up and the only way I could survive being blasted by the jets of ice was to grit my teeth and cuss softly under my breath. I also couldn't help but noticing a steady tickle of dirty water eminating from the shower fitting - I am at a loss to know how that even got there. On reflection, perhaps not giving us a towel was their way of giving us a chance to save ourselves from taking a shower there!!!

Breakfast was decent, although I was somewhat taken aback by the following conversation
"I'll have breakfast please" "Great, that'll be..." *hand outstretched*
And I found myself expected to fork over cash, over the table, before I've even settled down to eat! Confusing.

The location was so-so, but it's easy to lose where you are in the dark and forbidding streets around Blackpool - we'd admit to not feeling entirely safe on the way back.

In conclusion, our stay at this hotel was an unpleasant experience, and memorable for all the wrong reasons. The only saving grace being the friendly people running it.

My advice? Avoid. Or else, go there and then every hotel you stay in afterwards is likely to feel better.

Room Tip: Rooms in other hotels are of better quality.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

What a fab B&B.
We went for a hen party and had so much fun. The owners couldn't do enough for us. We were peckish in the afternoon so they would bring us sandwiches or toasters for a very small price!!! And it was bloody beautiful. Rooms were very clean. Rooms are smoking rooms however I am a non smoker and I couldn't smell any smoke on bed linen etc. Breakfast was very nice, a couple of the party didn't fancy a full English so the owners cooked something different for them. Excellent B&B would definitely stay again. Thank you for making us all welcome!!

• Stayed August 2013