“lovelystay”

Ranked #40 of 70 Hotels in Blackpool
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“lovelystay”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Just returned from a two night stay at st chads ,,, was with my husband and my mum ' can honestly say we found the hotel very friendly and all staff welcoming, had a lovely sea view from our room ' food was good , and bar on an evening superb ' a bit of entertainment and bingo was perfect for my mum ' met some lovely people and generally had a great time , in fact we have booked for next year and taking our grandson and my mum and to make it more special , we are taking my nanna , who will be celebrating her 100th birthday ' so A wee celebration will possibly take place , , see you next July st chads ...

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank pinkeyEdinburgh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I spent two nights here over the period 12-13 Oct 2012 during an Army Reunion. I'm not one for leaving reviews, once I leave a place If I liked it, then all well and good if I don't then I don't go back. All I look for is a roof over my head and a decent breakfast in the morning and that's what I got .....or so I thought. A few days after leaving and whilst at home I received a letter of complaint from the owner of St Chads, accusing me of writing nasty things about her hotel here on TA. I fell over laughing as I knew it could not have been me. But Mrs Owner of St Chads if I was to have written a review it would have gone like this.

1. On arrival the car park is double parked, so when you're car is boxed in you need to find the other car owner so that you can get out.
2. The reception is old and they like you to pay upfront on arrival, but they don't take credit / debit cards.
3. The internal decoration is stuck in a time warp early 1970's
4. There is no wifi so if I was on buisness I'd be stuck with G3/4
5. There is a thick layer of dust/fluff around the edge of the carpets.
6. Windows could do with a good cleaning.
7. Mildew in the shower.
8. Breakfast was AMAZING and plenty of it.
9. Nice clean crispy bed sheets.
10. Staff very friendly and helpful.
11. Owner very abrupt.

As an ex serviceman (who is used to sleeping anywhere) would I go back? . . . . Yes. But will they let me stay. Come down next year as I've booked for the period 11-12 and 13 Oct 2013 and see what happens. Or you can just come for the illuminations which are Grand.

8 Thank Dave J
Suewhittaker, Owner at St. Chads Hotel, responded to this review, 1 November 2012
We DO take credit/debit cards and the Wifi problem is being addressed. We are sorry about the shoiwer but if we were told we would have, if possible, seen to the customers complaint immediately, and if the room is not satisfactory we cannot stress enough that the customer can change their room also immiediately. The windows are cleaned once a week but the hordes of avian divebombers are unstoppable.
FALKIRK
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Wife and i stayed here from 22nd to 27th October.We were greeted by a very warm welcome and made to feel special the staff cannot do enough for you. DJ Dave is something else very professional and great entertainer.Will and Garry the bar staff are also great. The food was good and plentifull and rarely had to wait. We will certainly be back.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
16 Thank Alistair C
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Can't wait to return - had two fab nights. Didn't need to go out. Professional Female Singer Vicki Jay kept us entertained!! Better than X Factor!! Big hotel with all the hospitality and friendliness you want. See you soon.

2 Thank Carol D
Reviewed 26 October 2012

this is our 2nd stay at st chads. we arrived the week before halloween so were gutted we missed out on the partys. dj dave and will did a great job with the decorations. very spooooookkkkey. loved the entertainment. kids loved the play room,dave was fantastic with the ida. he gave them lots of treats. food and service was spot on. room was fine all tho would have liked a bath. but rooms were booked. but maybe next yr. all in all loved our stay. blackpool is our 2nd home. xx

• Stayed October 2012
5 Thank stockport2011
liverpool
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Returned today, after a 2 night stay. The room, and hotel, was very, very dated. Looks like it hasn't been changed since the 1970's and appears really tired and neglected. I don't think the carpet in our room had been vacuumed since then either. It was stained, patched up and dampen your fingers and rub it along the carpet and your hand was FULL of dust, dirt and fluff. The bathroom was very basic, with a corner shower unit that was just big enough to move about in. Staff were friendly, but everything appears rushed. You very much get the impression they want you in and out as soon as possible. Everything is cash. We were asked to settle our bill, on arrival, after paying a deposit, by cheque, on booking. The following day, we were told our name was on the debtors list (and yes, she did have a piece of paper with several names on). We found this most uncomfortable, being regular travellers and usually paying when leaving. This business really needs an update. Not worth the £70 a night for bed and breakfast, for 2.

9 Thank mummyloving
Suewhittaker, Owner at St. Chads Hotel, responded to this review, 29 October 2012
We see that you were part of the "Rocket Troupe" reunion at St Chads. It's very odd that ALL the rest of the party were very happy with their stay which, for your £70, included free entertainment, free hotpot supper and double/triple breakfasts if so desired. Your room does not have a damp or patched up carpet either. Perhaps your fingers were the problem. All guests are asked on arrival if they can settle their bill as soon as possible by cash or card and not just by cash as incorrectly stated. The "paper" with names on it is called "a rooming list".....not a debtors list. All hotels have them. Finally, if you were not happy with your room we would have been more than happy to provide another room immediately on request.
Kilmarnock, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2012

We are just back from a 4 night break at St Chads Hotel, and it is by far the best hotel I have stayed in Blackpool. I travelled with my husband and my elderly parents both of whom have health problems. We received a great welcome from staff and the receptionist Ellen went out of her way to ensure that my parents had a suitable room near the lift and also a table in the dining room with easy lift access. Rooms are of a high standard of cleanliness with fresh towels each day. The food was excellent with a wide choice of well cooked and presented food. My dad celebrated his 80th Birthday whilst we were there and the dining staff decorated our table and gave him a card. Enterntainment is good quality too and the bar very comfortable with friendly staff. Staff were also on hand to help us with our luggage the day we departed. Even saw the barman hoovering the reception carpet at night!!! Can't wait to stay again!!!

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family