“summer break”
Review of St. Chads Hotel

St. Chads Hotel
Ranked #42 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Met up with my dad for a five day stay. The rooms are somewhat bejiou however always clean. The menus are limited but always well cooked and served extremely well. The entertainment was always cheerful and quite professional. The biggst asset to this hotel is that is it family run and very friendly nothing is to much trouble.The staff do a wonderful job. A pleasure to stay.

Room Tip: Try to get a sea view room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 July 2013

my wife and my three granddaughters and myself stayed at the st,chads, in may 2013 we was made very welcome there was plenty of entertainment for all the family the food was first class the room was great for the five of us and we will be going there a again next year I would recommend st. chads to any one

Room Tip: ask for sea view
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I have been staying here with a large group of friends on and off for 10 years. Everytime we come to Blackpool this is where we stay, we would not stay anywhere else!!
Perfectly located right on the front and the hotel is such good value for money. The rooms are always spotless and the breakfasts are just perfect.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kellyafullthorpe
Reviewed 7 July 2013

St chads , not what I would call the best hotel
Loss of power in the whole hotel first on a Friday and then again this Sunday 7th July 2013
No communication about what was going on and the reception closed , no updates given by the staff that where there and when asked about what can do to make complaint . I was told under no uncertain terms take it up with the power company . No apologies given and no offer for the recompense for the fact that 2 nights out of 4 no power , for the price u are paying u would expect a little service or keep informed of what's going on ... Very shabby comms from staff and management alike will not be recommended this hotel .

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank goldeneye72l
Suewhittaker, Owner at St. Chads Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

I am the owner and do not employ managers. I am on the premises 24/7 and I kept everybody informed of the power cut, but the duration of this failure was totally out of our hands as it was a fault of the power company!. My husband was constantly reassuring guests that we were chasing the power company relentlessly, which we were. We were the ones being fobbed off by said company, who actually stated that we had no avenue of complaint and left us in limbo until we pleaded with them to give us some timetable as to the duration of said power cut. We realised that the fault could be major and such a fault required investigation and time but we never let the problem drift from our number one priority which is the well-being of our guests. All our other guests congratulated us on our ability to cope with this major catastrophe.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

stayed at this hotel fri-mon in may 2013 lovely and clean room bit small but you dont go on holiday to sit in your room, very clean modern bathroom,staff very helpful and friendly,lovely girls waiting on in dinning room, food very good and plentiful, choice of 3 meals each day on the menu,starter,main,and dessert, full english breakfast to set you up for the day. would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay there again next time we visit blackpool. there was myself my cousin and our eldery uncle all three of us enjoyed it. p.s. thanks to ellen on reception for her assistance with the trouble free booking. see you all again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank philo59_13
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night we were booked in from neighbouring hotel as we had only booked two nights and wanted to stay an extra night so they booked us in at st chads. I wished we had not bothered. We were put in a smoking room on the top floor as one of the previous reviews we only had to open the door and the smell of stale smoke hit you. As both my husband and I do not smoke we found it very unpleasant we had to have the window wide open all night but alas it made no difference, there was no relief in the bathroom either as it was the same. I think we should have only been put in a smoking room if we had asked for it as it states in the reception if you want a smoking room you need to ask. We did not ask but were put in one regrettably.

• Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank nonsmokin
Suewhittaker, Owner at St. Chads Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

We are genuinely sorry but also surprised that the lady or her husband did not simply return to reception and state their "non smoking" room requirement and we would have moved them to such a room immediately. The whole first floor of the hotel and all the front rooms on all three floors are non smoking. There would have been no problem in moving the lady and her husband.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

Should have written a review of this fantastic hotel ages ago. Just returned from a 5 night break, my seventh visit in the last 4 years, and looking forward to going again later in the year.It gets better with every stay.
I first came across St. Chads when I was staying at another hotel and called in to compare the two, in fact I had called at a few along The Prom. Sue, the owner welcomed me in and gave me a guided tour, including the kitchen which was immaculate.(How many Hoteliers would do that?)
The whole place is spotlessly clean. Bedrooms are spacious, tastefully decorated and the comfy beds guarantee a good nights sleep.
The breakfasts are superb. if you can manage to finish the double English you won't want anything else till supper time.(Smaller portions are available, lol).
The bar prices are the cheapest that I have found in Blackpool and I have been in quite a few establishments. Have paid more in a tatty back street pub, but this is a quality hotel on the front.
Finally, what can you say about the Staff that hasn't been said before? They are all so friendly and helpful. till the next time.
Oh Ellen, did Maureen pass my little kiss on to you as we didn't get the chance to say goodbye? x David.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends