“The hen weekend”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Leecs
“The hen weekend”
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

Fantastic place to eat... Gregg was amazing and a great laugh, it was very relaxed and the staff could not be more friendly and helpful if they tried. Not really cheap but defo not too expensive and the food was beautifully presented and sated superb!
I would defo come back here again for any occasion. Its really relaxed yet intimate, service was prompt, food piping hot, very clean establishment and will certainly vist again when we are next in blackpool.
Thank you gregg, neil and staff for making the night meal special for me and the girls.

Warwick, United Kingdom
“Perfection!”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Just got back to our hotel after a beautiful evening at Cascades. I booked the table for my partners birthday and we literally could not have had a better evening. I'm a manager in a gastro pub in Warwickshire so as you can imagine my partner hates going out for meals with me as I pick apart and analyse everything!
If you are looking for somewhere non corporate and not over ridden with load mouth drunks that serve food to the highest standard, staff who genuinely care about their guests and love where they work this is the number one place to go in Blackpool.
Tonight I had the chicken and brandy pate to start and my partner had the spicy prawns, both homemade and fantastic! I had the duck breast for main, cooked to perfection and served with dauphinoise, broccoli and swede, all so flavoursome and clearly cooked and plated with care and precision. My other half had the stuffed chicken served with the same and said it was the best meal he had had in a very long time. I completely agree it is so hard to find an incredible place like this!
I had the creme brûlée to finish as I just couldn't resist even though I was stuffed as the portion sizes are more than generous. We also had a jug of one of their fab cocktails and all this came to £50 I nearly fell off my chair incredible value!
We were looked after by two lovely girls Jayne and Robyn who were both so welcoming and friendly we accidentally spent all evening there! These girls need a raise they are doing such an outstanding job and absolutely love where they work which is brilliant to see and it shows as they really do make you feel personally looked after.
After diner we went through to the bar for cocktails where the bar man was also so enthusiastic and bubbly! And they allow dogs in the hotel now I know I can bring my extended family next year, can this place get any better!
These guys should all be so proud of what they have here food, drink, customer service and staff working in perfect harmony. Thank you all for making our night so perfect! Cannot wait to come back again next year!

• Visited October 2013
London
“Great birthday meal!”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We looked up Cascades on tripadvisor as no one had done much planning for my Dad's 70th in Blackpool and we were delighted with the experience. The food was a welcome respite from chips and doughnuts on the strip, with added value brought by the staff! Great laughs were had, plenty of wine poured down our necks and a good sing song to wish my Dad a happy birthday!
I had the pate to start with a steak diane for main - the food took a little time to reach us, but you could tell why - the taste and presentation were top notch!
Would recommend this to anyone who fancies something other than fish and chips or pub grub. Don't leave your camera with the maitre d (who does resemble the bloke off Coach Trip) - he'll take plenty of snaps of himself! Great laugh and my Dad couldn't stop saying how chuffed he was with the whole evening.

• Visited September 2013
Chester, United Kingdom
“Dinner”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Loved it, really friendly staff, gorgeous steak cooked to perfection. Definately go again when i am in this part of the world. Highly recommended

Visited September 2013
bradford
“Excellent but quiet”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I ate here with my wife recently and it's reputation on here is deserved all in all. The service and food were excellent.

Salmon fishcakes and spicy prawns for starters were very good indeed. The rib-eye steak and chicken were also very good followed by a giant cheeseboard which we couldn't even finish between us.

It was a bit lacking in atmosphere as there were only 2 diners in when we arrived and when they left we were on our own for the rest of the evening. Supermarket wine at 17.90 a bottle was a bit over the top I thought.

The waiter was exceptionally helpful and pleasant yet not intrusive.

I would go back but would probably skip the wine.

• Visited September 2013