“Great Hotel”
Review of Bradbury Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Bradbury Hotel
Ranked #449 of 864 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I was in a group of 7 girls on a hen night, we were given two family rooms which slept four people. Rooms were big, clean. Beds were very comfortable, towels in our room, tea and coffee making facilities.

We didn't all arrive together but this wasn't a problem, the first group arrived to a friendly welcome and were shown to their room as were the second group (which I was in). I didn't actually make it to breakfast! but I am assured it was very good by the other girls who made it.
The hotel is about 5 minutes walk from the bars and North train station.

On leaving, we were allowed to put our luggage in a locked room so we could enjoy Blackpool in the daytime. Which I thought was a lovely gesture.

We all had a great night and a great stay and the next night in Blackpool will involve a stay at The Bradbury.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joanne E

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Myself and my son Ben arrived on Sunday 14th July and my friend Lynsey arrived on Monday morning. Our rooms were spotless and had everything we required. Towels hadn't been put in Lynsey's room which wasn't a problem as she arrived earlier than normal check in. Kev appologised and gave her a box of chocolates to say sorry as they like everything to be perfect for guests arriving. Lovely touch. Breakfast was really nice and whatever we asked for wasn't a problem for Pete who served our food with a smile. Ben was given a bucket and spade and a football whe we were going to the beach, he was delighted, thank you. Hotel will be recommended to my family and friends. 4 lovely, very kind and helpful guys. Tony, Mark, Pete and Kev your doing a great job, keep it up, from Tracey, Lynsey and Ben x

4  Thank Tracey M
Reviewed 17 July 2013

My Partner and I had our 2nd great stay at The Bradbury on Saturday 15 and Sunday 16 June 2013. We were given a front room which was bright, well decorated and even had a leather 3 seat sofa in.

Tony Made us feel very welcome and went out of his way to help us throughout our stay even allowing us to use his printer to print a number of documents which we needed for a meeting on the day we left.

On the Sunday morning we were the only guests booked for breakfast so we were asked on the Saturday night what time we wanted to go down for it and the bloke who cooked it was also very welcoming (Kevin?) and we sat and spoke to him for around an hour and a half.

We have already booked our next stay later in the year.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joe D
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I really enjoyed staying at the bradbury hotel! Tony and his work staff made my partner and i feel very welcomed and relaxed! Lovely room and service was always at hand..... Thankyou for the hospitality and we will definately be coming back very soon..... Louise and marlon

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank louise110185
Reviewed 9 July 2013

its very clean hotel very friendly place to stay. good morning meals , loved the dinner's, will go back with the family & I would tell all my friends & family too, I had good fun there, they helped me out to find places to go too, pubs for me & the kid, to eat, & have fun, other places to go . we where 5 min's from the beach, that was brill for the kid, no moaning, loved it, good kids food too, a lot to offer, to me they need a 5 star, love then loads, keep up the good work boys, tony & staff

2  Thank paul w
Reviewed 9 July 2013

we stayed at the bradbury weekend 5th/7th of july for my daughters birthday we enjoyed it so much we stayed an extra night. Tony and Mark were perfect hosts who would go out their way to make our stay enjoyable nothing was too much trouble they even took time out to get my daughter a birthday cake which was lovely thanks guys. The rooms were clean and comfortable with tea and coffee etc. The chef made sure you got what you wanted which was plenty and filling which set you up for the day lovely food.Even kevin the cleaner was friendly who we had nice chats and laughs with We enjoyed it so much we are going back again for the lights with my grandson. good value for money would recommend the bradbury to anyone who needs to stay somewhere. Close to everything you need. See you soon guys from joan and joanne

4  Thank joanne l
Reviewed 8 July 2013

the bradbury hotel in my opinion is a one star hotel.and lucky to get that rating. the room was never cleaned when we were there. the rave reviews about the breakfast being great is a total farce. the food was totally rubbish.burnt fried eggs black pudding wasnt on the plate the way it should be.in fairness tony the owner is a nice guy.dirty glass in room when we arrived. the fire alarm went of 3 times, once we were told was due to air in the attic. the other 2 times it went off because of some idiots smoking in their rooms.staff said that wasnt the case but we smelt the cigarette smoke and it wasnt from outside.bacon hard and burnt.we paid £200 for 5 nights b&b not worth near that sorry.would not recommend to anyone at all.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
bradburyhotel, Owner at Bradbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

I have never had the need to respond to a review in the five years that I have managed the Bradbury, but I feel it necessary to do so on this occasion to put my own views across. I welcomed these guests when they arrived with the warmth and respect I treat all my guests. I had agreed to a reduced tariff because they were to stay for five days and were reluctant to pay the standard tariff charged to other guests.They took the decision to withhold their payment until the end of their stay which is breeching the terms and conditions of the hotel policy, but nevertheless I overlooked it on this occasion as I try to accommodate my guests needs. I showed them to their room \and they were delighted,very happy and no negative comments were made. The second day a complaint was made about a dirty glass in their en-suite. It was a water stain that had not been dried after washing but we apologised and replaced the glass. I had made a point of asking them to inform me of their needs during their stay and anything they wanted we responded to. Tea, coffee, milk etc, fresh towels and toilet roll were all kept topped up and the bin emptied. I told them if they wanted their room cleaning I would be more than happy to do so whilst they were out, but they said everything was fine and didn't need doing. It would have been a difficult task to undertake had they requested the room to be cleaned as it was extremely chaotic with their personal items everywhere which we would not touch anyway. There were no complaints about the food in the five days they stayed here. They cleared the plates, nothing was left and asked for extra toast which was given to them. A carton of orange juice was drunk between them and not a word was uttered. The fire alarm did go off due to a fault which we had repaired the following day by an engineer. He tested the system to make sure it was working properly for the security of our guests. The smoke which was detected could only have come into the rooms from outside where guests are allowed to sit and smoke. If windows are open then the smoke will enter the rooms form outside. We operate a strict no smoking policy. Throughout their stay these guests had every opportunity to make a complaint and I asked them on several occasions if all was well and they said it was. They said nothing to me on the day they left and so I was very surprised and saddened to read the review they had written. I hope they find a hotel more to their suiting in the future. I wish them all the best, from Tony.