“Simply delightful and charming”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Lawrence House Hotel
Ranked #27 of 911 Blackpool B&B and Inns
“Simply delightful and charming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2011

Friends stayed here over new year. We spended more time in their hotel than our own as the bar is great and owners are really friendly. We have all booked to go back for new year 2011.

• Stayed December 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2011

I had an excellent stay over the May Bank holiday weekend. The room I stayed in was a single room, but it was very spacious, and even had a double bed! The wi-fi was very reliable, enabling me to catch up on Doctor Who on Saturday night on iPlayer, as well as e-mails and general surfing.

The en suite was clean and had everything I needed for the weekend.

Service was excellent! I was greeted by name on arrival, which was very impressive, and made me feel very welcome.

The breakfast room/bar/dining room was a good size, and beautifully decorated.

The breakfasts I had were of a very high standard - I've stayed in a lot of hotels over the years and this was certainly one of the best breakfasts I've had. I had the full English the first day, and the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs the following day. Very hard to say which was the best, but I decided to repeat the full English on my last day in the vain hope that the beans, mushrooms and tomatoes would count towards my 5 a day making it slightly healthier! (Maybe I kid myself...)

The hotel was very quiet when I was staying, and I had no trouble sleeping. In fact, I even managed to oversleep one morning and came down late for breakfast, which started at 9.30. Quite an achievement for me - I'm normally up by 7.30 even at weekends.

The hotel is located in what seemed to be a very quiet location, yet about 5 mins walk from all the really noisy night life, that looked great fun and very 'Blackpool'. I'm afraid I didn't have time to experience it!

Also 5 mins walk from the promenade, shops and bus stops. There was a tram stop even closer, but the trams are being refurbished at the moment so none were running for my trip.

Parking was about 10 mins away by foot by the time you've negotiated the stairs at the multi-storey, but it was secure parking and I left my car there for the weekend.

It seems to be best to catch buses from the town centre - if you use a stop nearer the hotel, they tend to be full by the time they get to you at busy times.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Leeds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2011

We stayed at the Lawrence House Hotel as we were on a night out in Blackpool!! From the first time we stepped through the door until we left, the service was impeccable!! Wayne and Peter are so welcoming and couldn't do enough for us!! The rooms were lovely and extremely clean! Breakfast was delicious and the hotel is exceptional value for money!! Thank you very much!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2011

Our stay here made our short break, Lawrence House is fabulous, spotless, well decorated and the hosts so friendly and helpful, excellent company at the bar. The room was compact but pristine with everything you could want. The food was excellent, ate both breakfast and evening. highly recommend the scrambled eggs.
Location wise it is easy to walk everywhere and the car park we used was only a few minutes walk away.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Harrogate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2011

Having stayed in just about every gay/gay friendly hotel in Blackpool over the last 20 years and not been fully happy in any of them, I found Lawrence House 2 years ago and have chosen to stay here ever since on many occasions. I have found it a bit of a cliche when hotels say they are friendly but this really does apply to the 2 guys who own and run this modern looking, immaculately clean and yet laid back establishment. I have recommended this place to a number of friends who have also been delighted with it not least of all for the best breakfast in Blackpool!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2011

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Lawrence House. Staff extremely helpful. Very clean and comfortable. Fairly central for all amenities.

• Stayed April 2011
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2011

We had not visited Blackpool before and were not sure what to expect, but our concerns were not warranted as Lawrence House Hotel is exactly what one might hope a home away from might be.

A warm welcome to greet us on arrival at this wonderfully appointed small hotel. The place is spotless and the en-suite rooms are attractive. We enjoyed a comfortable and peaceful nights sleep and the delicious breakfast was just right to set us up for the day.

I really can't recommend this Hotel enough. This is what hospitality is all about!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple