“Always wonderful”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Lawrence House Hotel
Ranked #27 of 911 Blackpool B&B and Inns
leeds
“Always wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is my second visit here. I can honestly say standards are as good as last time.

Welcoming hosts, clean rooms, fantastic breakfast and a well stocked bar from alcoholic drinks, soft drinks, teas and coffees.

Although I have not had dinner there they do provide a varied menu at reasonable prices.

I will be going again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Lawrence House Hotel

I’m not really sure what to say about the Lawrence House Hotel that hasn’t already been said by other travellers, however I will have a go. We stayed from Good Friday to Easter Monday (3 nights) April 2014.

We found the Hotel easily; it is so close to the sea front that it is impossible to get lost. It is also just a few moments away from the Bars and Clubs. Very close by is the Train Station and the main Town shopping area. That said, it is in a very quiet street and we were not disturbed at all.

On arrival we were greeted by Wayne and Peter who made us feel very welcome. The room (Twin) was excellent. Everything in the room (and throughout the Hotel) was decorated and maintained to an impeccable standard. The en-suite in our room gleamed, it was that clean. We had a double bed and a single bed which suited us perfectly. TV, beverage making facilities were available and as it was Easter there was one white and one dark chocolate Bunny placed on the beds. That was a great touch and was much appreciated (we got them home and kept them for a couple of days before we had to eat them!).

Breakfast was perfect. Choices of cereals, juices and fruit were available, along with copious amounts of filter coffee and or tea which were freshly made and brought to the table. There was a choice of cooked breakfasts, all of which when served, were perfectly cooked and piping hot. The quality of the items was excellent. The toast was fresh and again in plentiful supply.

Peter and Wayne took timeout to speak to us and the other guests. I heard one guest ask about local buses and was very quickly given the information about departure point’s etc. That was very impressive service. I must add that the Breakfast room is a wonderful place to sit in as it allows you to admire the collection of memorabilia Peter and Wayne have amassed, a Bakelite telephone, a Penny Arcade machine, One Armed Bandit, to name a few, the list goes on.

We didn’t sample the evening meals, or use the bar during our stay, however, we did notice that there were plenty of the other guests doing so, which indicated to us that what was going on was indeed good. On reflection, we do wish that we had taken the opportunity to eat in.

On leaving, we were offered the choice of leaving our bags as our transport was not till mid afternoon. That again was a great touch as it isn’t always possible to do that.

Peter and Wayne have been given several awards and they most certainly deserve these. I can and would recommend the Lawrence House to anybody looking for quality accommodation that is more than reasonably priced, in a great location. You won’t find better!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Wesleyb8
uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was my 2nd stay at Lawrence House & Wayne & Peter were as welcoming as ever. Nothing is too much for them & they're very knowledgable about what's on & what to do in Blackpool. My room was spotless & the breakfast was very tasty & timed just right. I know i'll definitely return next time i'm up there. Thank you for making my stay so lovely & relaxed

• Stayed June 2014
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We were already for the third time in Lawrence hotel and we are already looking forward to next visit next year. We again had the wonderful room number 8 and felt at first attempt again at home. What Peter and Wayne has pulled out of this little paradise with the many small detail is a true miracle. The menus are large and the kitchen and preparation is first class, the location on the doorstep to all the attractions for LBGTQ and the many tips about restaurant and nightlife have helped us a lot. We can only recommend and look forward to visiting again. You Peter & Wayne heartfelt Thank you and see you soon

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

We have been staying at Lawrence House for several years now. It is the best place I ever stayed in Blackpool. It is centrally located and just a hop away from the seaside. The rooms are very nicely decorated and comfy. Peter and Wayne make you very welcome and are very accommodating. Their breakfast is very yummy and we have had very tasty dinners several times We even had a large group of friends from other hotels coming over to eat with us and all had a fab evening. Lawrence House will always be our choice when coming to Blackpool which is at least once year.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

As this last visit was my third time at the Lawrence Hotel and my next visit in October will be my fourth, it says it all. This is like home from home the standard that I expect is as good if not better that that of my own house. I have had the same room on each occasion which was my choice and I have introduced friends from London and Zurich who agree with me that this hotel is out in front of a many hotels in Blackpool. The owners Peter and Wayne could do no wrong their attention to detail, their vibrant personalities and professionalism is way out in front of a lot other propriorters .
The menus are great and the cooking and preparation is first class,
If you fail to stay at the Lawrence Hotel then you are certainly missing out, the location is on the doorstep to all the attractions for LBGTQ

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Just returned from Lawrence House after spending a great 5 days. In the last 3 years I have stayed here many times and never been disappointed. I cannot praise Lawrence House enough from the superb breakfast to the cleanliness of everything there.
All I can say is if you are thinking of going to Blackpool then give Lawrence House a go and i can assure you will never go anywhere else in Blackpool.

Well done Peter and Wayne