“Had a great stay”

Ranked #600 of 911 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Had a great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

I really don't understand most of the negative feedback here. We've just had a great stay (on recommendation). Yes, some bits are a little bit dated but it is a B&B, not a hotel chain and was well priced. It was clean and tidy, new matresses have been put in all rooms and the TV meters are no-more.

The cooked breakfast was big enough that we didn't need to eat until the evening.

We personally found the owners very helpful, friendly and hospitable. We would definitely stay again and would recommend to our friends and family.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Linda J, Owner at Rhoslyn Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2013
All I can say is WOW thankyou for this review

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Hull
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

Just had a very nice 4 night break with the family at the Rhoslyn, big advantage getting the motor parked down the side out the way, rooms a little small but very clean and that counts the most..Nice well stocked bar with pool table and slot machine, breakfast time real nice, well cooked and enough to go round. Location is good set between the central and south pier, owners very friendly and always around for help and advice.. All round "Top Notch Place" great bargain hotel, if you looking for value break look no further...PS. They even take in families for the South "Hastings"..lol..

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Worcester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2012

After a long journey we arrived at the hotel a little early. On arrival our welcome was "Who's paying the balance" which was not the best welcome. The rooms were really clean but we had no hot water in the shower. The best part of the day was the breakfast which was nice. If your a family they wont let you use the pool table with cues they expect you to roll the balls however not a bad stay and agood location.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Dear Reader
We only ask small children to roll the ball if they are unable to use the cue in a proper manner to avoid expensive damage to the cloth. Some hotels state you must be over 14 years old to play
Liverpool
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

Welcome wasnt that warm if i'm honest, before we could do anything I was made to demonstrate opening and closing the front door,pretty basic and spoken to like child (bit of a recurring theme), we were give the keys to the room,not shown to it or even told where it was. I'd had a can of lager on the train on the way down with leaving straight from work on the friday afternoon(stress), i'd brought the empty can with our luggage by accident and threw it in the bin without thinking there would be an issue, we put the bags in the rooms then took the kids for a little walk down the pier before bed when we got back people were in the bar and the music on, not a problem but we were given the room directly above the bar, I went down to the owners and asked to change room which they did without any fuss at all, very helpful in fact, then during taking our stuff from room to room the guy came in to clean, I came back to to get the last of out things and was confronted with the empty can of lager out the bin,like he has caught me out or something (if i was trying to hide it i wouldnt put it in the bin) and was spoken to quite rudely about how he "didnt want to see anymore of that in here" if he just would have explained to me like an adult that you cannot have alchohol in your rooms (missed the signs on arrival) I could of explained to him why it was there, so felt a bit on edge from then on, but to be honest rest of the stay was good, apart from the breakfast, although it was cooked very nicley and tasted nice also, it was quite small, myself and my 2 kids are alleric to egg so we asked not to be given any, we wernt offered anything else in replacement and that left my 7 year old girl with 1 sausage and some beans and a bit of toast for her breakfast not alot for day of activites you'll agree, she also has a nut allergy and both cereals available contained nuts. Decor very outdated and a bit of a funky smell in the bathroom, but location is brillaint bang in the middle of the central and south pier and very clean and tidy.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Gaskell07
Dear Reader
We stock 4 different cereals 2 of which are suitable for customers with nut allergies. There is a notice in each bedroom requesting you to notify us of any dietary needs. On the dinning room door the breakfast menu is displayed with a heading stating (Unless otherwise requested the night before)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

I booked the family room for myself and my two sons for a weekend at the pleasure parks before school holidays finished. Because my hubby didn't come with us I was cautious about where to book as there are so many stagg parties etc and wanted somewhere quiet cheap and safe for us to put our heads down after a day at the waterpark then a day on the thrill rides. have to say I feel I got exactly what I paid for the room was a bit dated but Clean the bathroom had a good shower with a good water pressure for achy bones. The couple were pleasant to both me and my boys. Kids were a bit taken aback that we had a meter for the tv but I suppose big hotels can switch the electric off when you leave the room so I suppose it forced the kids to only use it when they needed it £1 for 3 hrs our weekend only used the £2 the money saved booking a budget hotel meant I was able to afford the speedy pass so allowed us to enjoy the thrill rides all the more. They also went out of there way to give us our breakfast earlier so that our trip back to Aberdeen wasn't on an empty stomach so thumbs up

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Dear Reader
We have now removed all TV slot meters
West Bromwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

We recently went away for the weekend to Blackpool for my wife's 50th Birthday. We had stayed at the Rhoslyn once before a couple of years ago and there has been no drop in any of the standards. Rooms were very clean (although we had the room with no en suite, but we did have our own shower room across the landing), the breakfast was beautiful and the host's Linda and John were very obliging. We went away with three other couples and they all commented on how good it was compared to other hotels they had stayed at in Blackpool. Will not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kevandpat76
scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

we're are just back from blackpool yesterday, we stayed at the rhoslyn hotel for 3 nights,mini break for me, partner and my 8 year old son. i found this hotel very nice,claen and linda does give out hearty breakfasts,very attentive. the rooms were a bit on the small side, and the beds a bit soft but linda and john made up for all of this.. i recommend this hotel to families,and i think we would probably come back to this hotel again...
thanks linda and john..