“Great wee place!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Sunny-Dee's Holiday Apartments
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Myself and three friends were down for one night to attend a birthday party at the Catholic Club in Queen Street. I looked for somewhere near at hand and found Sunny Dees on Trip Advisor. We weren't disappointed. Superbly clean and modern with a view of the sea (flat 2 I think). We were also given another flat next door at no extra charge to save us the indignity of the bunk bed being of mature years!
We were near enough all the shops and the Club to walk there and stagger back! The next day we were told no rush to be out and, as the train wasn't till 1.20 this was much appreciated.
all in all a lovely place which we would highly recommend

Room Tip: Rooms 2 and 6 I think with sea view
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank NancyYo

Reviewed 6 June 2013

Diane and Peter are the most welcoming and sincere hosts I have found on my very long stay in Blackpool. Their accommodation offers excellent quality clean apartments, very well equipped and if you are lucky to get the room with the most amazing view over the Irish Sea, you will witness and take photos the most stunning sunsets you can ever imagine.
Blackpool is brimming with fast food restaurants, it was great to have access to M&S nutritious ready meals and fresh food to microwave and cook back at the apartment, then enjoy a romantic dinner sitting at the dining table whilst the sunset...(ok it was mostly by myself, my husband did come to stay one weekend)
I stayed at Sunny Dees for 5 out of the 9 months I worked on contract at Blackpool Victoria Hospital, and could write my own guide on the many places I have stayed at over that time. Having tried the rest this really is the best, and I wish I had found Sunny Dees sooner.
I can't thank Diane and Peter enough for making my long stay so much more enjoyable, I really felt it was my second home.
Fabulous, and when I am in Blackpool again I will have no hesitation to book accommodation at Sunny Dees.

Room Tip: Dont book the sea view because if you are in it I cant book it!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mary H
Reviewed 16 May 2013

It had been a long winter, which followed a long mid-year winter because there was no summer in 2012 (despite what friends Sean and Angie try to tell me!), and I wanted to get away from the hum-drum of everyday life and cheer myself up. What better way to achieve that than by making another visit to my favourite get-away haunt where I knew I could be pampered.

I know that it is self-catering but Peter and Diane make one so welcome and provide everything that could be required so it feels as though you are being looked after - and you very definitely are, and in superb conditions, clean, homely and welcoming!

As I have said before, the location is ideal, right on the promenade, right next door to the town centre, easy access to the tramway system for trips south to such as The Pleasure Beach and north to Fleetwood and right across the road from the sea. And for those like myself who do not want to cook when staying away, very close to plenty of good restaurants or fish and chip shops!

I usually try and get apartment six or apartment two, those with the sea views, but I have seen the other delightful apartments and they offer just the same level of comfort and hospitality. So if the two favoured ones are not available, any of the other four will suffice.

Diane and Peter are there to greet you and they always provide something a little special for your arrival so it is great just to get there and unwind. The apartments are such that if the weather is not as good as you would wish, it is very pleasant just to stay in and have a read or just relax.

I do wholeheartedly recommend this accommodation to anyone who is intending to stay in Blackpool and I must confess I can't see why everyone does not want to stay at Sunny Dee's ... then I would struggle to get in!

Enjoyed my stay once again and I will be calling again sometime later in the year - just to pamper myself! Oh, by the way, it is also great value for money. Thanks Diane and Peter.

Room Tip: If you can book apartments two or six, do so but, as I have said, all of them are of such a high sta...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Gradgrind
Reviewed 4 April 2013

During February I was at blackpool zoo doing a work experience placement for four weeks, whilst I was at blackpool I stayed at sunny dees.
Sunnys dees made it a great experience for me, Diane and her family were very friendly always made me feel welcome and helped me out with a great deal for my apartment which was a great room, clean, cosy, modern and had everything I needed.
Thanks to sunny dees family I never felt alone and was always there to help with anything.
I recommend for any families, couples or single people to stay here it will be one of the highlights of your break/holiday in blackpool.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 20 January 2013

So me and my partner went here last year for his birthday, this year we have been again on the 11th jan for a few days for my birthday, mad I know, we spent more time in the room this time because of how cold and snowy it was and I can say it was as good if not better this time. We stayed in room 6 this time and the sea view was amazing! This is the onky place that we will stay because of how warm and friendly dianne is! The facilities are great and the lication is perfect, not too close to the clubs to hear but close enough that you can go to them withiut a cab if you choose :) the only thing that we had a problem with was parking we had to park in the publec car park but thisbis iur fault compkeetly as we booked the room 2 days before stopping.... woops :P silly of us to expect such a great place not to be busy :)

Thank you for making our 2nd holiday together, as well as our furst, so special. We will definitely be staying with you again! ! Cant wait fir the summer now!!!

Jade and Steve

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 31 December 2012

We recently came to blackpool to visit some old friends and family, having stayed in many blackpool hotels and guest houses we heard about this place from a friend who highly recommended it and we wasn't disappointed. From the moment we arrived we were well impressed by the friendly and most helpful owners we were shown to room 3 and couldn't believe how great it was especially for the price we paid. Everywhere seemed to be very well maintained and the cleanliness was top notch. As we visit blackpool at least 5 times a year it seems like we have found a very special place to stay and will definitely be returning soon thanks Peter and Diane for such a pleasant stay

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Michelle N
Reviewed 25 November 2012

From our friendly welcome, to the beautifully clean apartment, the great sea views and quiet location to the helpful advice and recommendations we received on all things Blackpool our stay could not have been better. Di and Pete were wonderful hosts and everything made for a memorable stay. Second visit to Sunnydees but it won't be the last for sure.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 3 first time and room 6 on second visit, both rooms were superb.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple