All reviewsbrilliant entertainmentsecond to noneblackpool fcnightly entertainmenthome cookedlovely ladygreat nightrooms are basiccontinental breakfasttoastnext yearnight staygreat value for moneylong weekendparking spacebar pricestea and coffee
Reviewed 14 July 2013

i just finished reading one review and i am reall mad how dare some one said karen was disrespectful to her we have been going to karens hotel for a few years now and as a family we were treated with respect rooms are clean food great and enterment great does this lady not noticed how much work karen does and she is always on hand if you need anything i can only guess you approached karen angerly but to anyone who reads this the winterbourne is a great place for any family see you soon karen you are a wonderful proud lady

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank rhaggan
Reviewed 9 June 2013

This is our second visit and it didnt disappoint. The shows were amazing so much work is put into them and must be seen. Karens breakfasts are so tasty the rooms are clean and good value for money they all work really hard and it shows we will be coming back.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Nattaylor
Reviewed 1 June 2013

We saw this on Four in a bed & thought we would love to stay there. We were having a lot on at the time & needed a break so booked in. We were not disappointed . The staff were more than welcoming , Karen who seems to run the reception,bookings,bar, kitchen & cleaning of rooms was lovely & extremely helpful .The entertainment was amazing & very good quality & we had a fantastic stay there. We will definitely go back there.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Just got back from 2 nights at the Winterbourne Hotel. We picked the hotel via Late Rooms purely on price, the availability of smoking rooms and off road parking, (I was borrowing my husband's car for the trip and had to park his baby off the street!) We booked three single rooms, one of which turned out to be a small double (bonus)!
We had a really great time here. Karen was welcoming and efficient, the rooms were clean and comfortable. Any problems were dealt with straight away, I had no light in my bathroom, I informed Karen and when we got back from a walk a couple of hours later, sorted, no fuss.
We only ate breakfast but it was really good, I work in a cafe and found the meal great quality and sufficient quantitiy, especially at £25 per night with breakfast included.
Overall, for what we wanted which was basically somewhere to sleep while spending most of the time out and about, the place was brilliant, the show on Saturday night, whilst not really our cup of tea, was really entertaining and good quality and we ended up thoroughly enjoying ourselves.
~I have stayed at several other places in Blackpool and this is the first time I've come away saying "we'll go back there next time". Great value, and wonderful people with high standards, what more can I say.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Dragonlady1965
Reviewed 14 April 2013

We decided to book a 2 night stay after watching the programme 4 in a bed which the hotel was featuring on. We fully understood that the rooms were described as small but clean so weren't expecting the ritz but all that said I don't think we really appreciated what small meant until we arrived. The room was clean, if a little dated, but unfortunatley the shower was horrendous. There was a step down into it which then gave you a square box with shower head attachment that was fixed so attempting to get washed was a bit like a contortionists warm up routine. The bed was comfy, food ok, and entertainment top class, however the manageress's attitude for me was unpleasant. Whatever we requested was denied and not in a courteous way may I add. If it had not have been for one of the 2 men owners I would have had to forego my evening meal as my little one had fallen asleep in the room. When I asked if I could eat my meal after the rest of my party so that someone could take over watching my little one, I was told quite tersly this was not possible. When my mother explained what had been said to one of the guy's, they immediatly overuled the uncourteous mangeress and served me my meal a little later. I ended up cutting my 2 night stay down to one as I could no longer bear the manageresses poor attitude to service level. My advice to anyone interested in this hotel is go and see the show ( fantastic ) but find another b & b. If the boy's got rid of the current management the place would run a whole lot better!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family