The Clarendon Showtel
Ranked #46 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 19 October 2009

If your planning on going to this hotel don't bother, it is absolutley digusting, the room s are so small, with muck and grime everywhere. I never seen such a mis-mash of carpets nailed to the floor in my life. The toilets look like they have never been cleaned. The whole place looks like its never had a hoover to it. One word to describe this place is "flea pit".

Yes its cheap £17.50 per night for bed and breakfast, but I expect cleanliness and at the very least a clean toilet.

It has a very musty smell and the toilet smells like the sewers, I have stayed in some placed and I'm not a snob by any stretch of the imagination but this place was just the pits.

So word of advice shop around we have. We've found a beatiful place for next year just for an extra £20 over the 3 nights we come.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
5  Thank Dawnny

Reviewed 7 September 2009

We arrived Friday night for the turning on of the illuminations.I have never stayed in a place like it, it smelt horrid.

I know thay say some of the rooms are small, bit I think that was an understatement, but I suppose it depends on what you class as small.

The shower ( if thats what you could call it )we didnt use.

We decided to leave our bag and got for the night,returned to have a coffee before bed to discover the mugs so dirty inside (brown mugs to disguise the cleanliness ) that I could scratch the gunk off with my fingernail

.And that our smoke alarm was covered by a large sock so anyone in the room cold smoke and not set off the alarm seems rather dangerous to me.

Woken at half 6 the following morning by the banging of pipes due to someone using their shower.

We left that morning after complaining and booked in to anoher guest house.

21  Thank sweaverq
Travellers also viewed these Blackpool hotels
North Ocean Hotel
#55 of 73 in Blackpool
Stretton Hotel
Stretton Hotel
#49 of 73 in Blackpool

Been to The Clarendon Showtel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Clarendon Showtel

Address: 22-30 Clarendon Road, Blackpool FY1 6EF, England (Formerly Winterbourne Hotel)
Region: United Kingdom > England > Lancashire > Blackpool
Bar / Lounge Free Breakfast Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites
Ranked #46 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Price Range: £40 - £54 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — The Clarendon Showtel 2.5*
Here at The Clarendon Showtel, we provide an experience not just a visit, we do not promise anything we cannot provide. We do promise that we will do everything we can to ensure you enjoy your stay. You will find us half way between the Tower and the Pleasure Beach, and only a few hundred yards from the Promenade. We are also situated directly opposite Blackpool Football Club. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Ebookers so you can book your The Clarendon Showtel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.