“Don't go here” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Northampton
“Don't go here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

Where to start...The outside doesn't look at all appealing and although it get's a little better inside, you are still greeted with trash like plastic bowls and plates. It took ages for us to be asked what we would like to drink and then when we ordered, the range listed (in handwriting) in the menu had limited availability meaning I had to pay an extra 70p for a drink I didn't really want anyway and my partner had to drink something he didn't even like due to the limited range. The starter was quick to arrive but very basic, no garnish just slapped on a plate. Then the table next to us was served before us even though they ordered after us as the chef had cooked them in the wrong order and that took forever with no apology for this mix up and wait. As the waiter served the main, he persisted in bringing the dishes out one by one so as the first one sat there going cold, we waited for the rest of the course to arrive. Then part of the main was missing so my partner had to stop eating and ask the waiter for the last part of the main course. The meal tasted no better than an Iceland ready meal and certainly wasn't value for money as it's actually quite expensive. Finally, we received the bill and left the money on the table but as I started to put my coat on, the waiter literally barged past me to get the bill money, no apology again! Incredible!

• Visited October 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Catherine83

Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“needs closing, disgusting”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

This was the worst meal ever, and i am not joking. My husband, daughter and myself went to this restaurant in aug 2011. The coke was £2.50 per glass, we orderd a meal for 3 people it would not have feed 2, they forgot our soup, so they said they would knock it off the bill, the other starters looked like something from iceland, our rice came, then 5 mins later our meals, the beef in black bean sause tasted like cheap steak, the chicken in garlic sauce was tastless, then the worst was prawns and veg in a birds nest, well my hubby spat it out we ask to speak to speak who was in charge, but would not talk to us, but told the waiter to knock it off our bill, we said no way, they came with the bill wait for it £57.00, and that was with some food taken off the bill, my hubby gave them £20.00 and said that is all you are getting, they told us you can not that you have to pay in full, my hubby says who carnt, call the police see what they say i dont care, the waiter went into the kitchen we could hear shouting, then the waiter came back and said you can go, we were any way, so people do not eat there and i am not joking

Visited August 2011
1 Thank tracy w
kent
“worst restaurant ever !”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

This was the worst of all time for us.
Our 1st visit to blackpool with three 12 to 14 yr olds
Waiter arrived with one lot of starters... He didnt notice that we did not have plates we had to ask for them.
He brought 4 plates, there was 5 of us. had to constantly ask for missing food from our order throughout the whole meal.
Food was awful, bill came to £63 !!!! Just very basic choices from menu. No wine,1 beer 3 cokes and 1 tap water.
My advice..AVOID this over priced disgraceful joint like the plague!

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank annemarieKent
“Ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2011

Leave GARY alone! Best waitor evaaaaa! Food wis awryt enat.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
“Excellent food,service and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

10 of us have just had a meal had this lovely restaurant, quick service, lovely food Inc drinks for under £100, the young waiter served our deserts with a smile, very pleasant atmosphere, would definatley go again!

1 Thank Blackpoolcritic