“what has happened”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Swift Hound

Swift Hound
Ranked #241 of 713 Restaurants in Blackpool
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“what has happened”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

This place used to be great 2 for 1 then 2 for £10 now its some sizzler joint. Walked in there was no customers looked at the menu got up and walked out its lost a lot of atmosphere and wont be going back.......

• Visited June 2011

blackpool
“WORST RESTAURANT EVER BEEN TO”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2011

The Swift Hound has changed to a flaming grill pub.This evening myself ,my daughter and her friend decided to go for a relaxing meal.We ate there many times before it changed to a Flaming grill pub and the food used to be fantastic but not so tonight.
The menu looked appetising my daughter had the steak with eggs,criss cross chips and peppercorn sauce.....there were egg shells in her fried eggs.
Her friend had the chicken tikka ,rice and poppadoms...nothing wrong with this meal.
I ordered New York chicken with jacket potato...my jacket potato was luke warm so I sent my meal back and they brought me another jacket potato and unbelievably this was colder than the 1st one so I had to send this back as well.So I just asked for my money back as there wasn't any point in ordering another meal as the other 2 people would've finished theirs by the time I'd got mine.They obviously gave me my money back but it ruined the evening somewhat as I hadn't eaten and the whole reason we'd gone out was to enjoy an evening meal together.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank kaysmum
“The best it could ever be”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2011

Went in there after the menu change very cheap and the amount of food you get is out of this world 10/10 110% would recommend anybody to go there I got a 25% off food card when I went bk there so going to use it next time :-D

Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
“Now a Flaming Grill. not child friendly anymore”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2011

As i reviewed back in October, the swift hound changed from a 2 for 1 to a 2 fr £10 the menu changed and it went down hill...the new menu clearly was not a hit as it only lasted a few months and it is now a Flaming Grill, we gave it a go on Mothers day, they had just reopened and they were very busy, the pace was thick with smoke and both myself and my kids could not stop coughing, their was not a single window open. We asked for a kids menue and when we were given it in had 3 options and 2 desert options, they said they no longer do Sunday luch for Children??? We ordered the all new sizling Sunday roasts for ourselves which was more expensive than the old Sunday luch and as it was on fancy sizzling plates it looked massive but was acualy smaller and everything kept falling off the plate, on the up side the food tasted lovely! I had for desert the sizzling chocolate orange cake which was burnt, tasted funny and also i burnt my funger on it. The kids used to get a an ice cream Sunai from here in the past for 99p and went up to £120 l;ast year this time however, it had been removed from the menu completely and replaced with a scoop (yes one single scoop) of ice cream..choic of flavours. this cost £1.50
I did enjoy my lunch and other peoples food looked fab and so if you are a grown up with no kids and you like something a bit different than the usual pub grub i say give it a go. I wont be going back unfortunately.

• Visited April 2011
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“great value, great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2011

The swift hound is a 2 for 10 pub, it put us off at first however the food was taste and portions was to the max. The atmosphere at the place is buzzin; there is no one who could complain about the swift hound in my mind. It is great value for money, can't be beaten.
I would recommend the steak 8 oz