“love it here”

Swift Hound
Ranked #247 of 735 Restaurants in Blackpool
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Bar Scene, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Preston, United Kingdom
“love it here”
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Been here numerous times with family friends and the mrs. Food is great. Always hot! Service is fast and reliable and portion sizes are large. Highly recommended

Visited March 2014

“Amazing Family Meal”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

we had a nice family meal the night before my wedding here, the food quality was fantastic, staff were excellent and prices were fair. we waited around 40 minutes for 6 meals which we thought was very fair. the food was piping hot and tasty. definitely recommend.

• Visited October 2013
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Shambolic.....Diabolical food..Staff not bothered”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

six friends went to the swift hound for a pre cinema meal. The pub/restaurant was not busy so we thought "great lets order, We ordered at 7.30......nothing materialised until 8.15..and that was only because we had complained about the time it was taking..and then it was STONE COLD. Appalling attitude of the staff who were simply not bothered. The manager seemed to get nervous as we decided to depart..and tried to offer us free bottles of wine. We didn't see many staff when we arrived but as we complained staff members came from everywhere...they all smelled of cigarettte smoke..Oh ok.".thats where they had all been". AVOID THIS BADLY RUN PUB/RESTAURANT like the plague.

• Visited March 2014
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Swift Hound, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Mark C

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Swift Hound in regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Flaming Grill
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“£9.99 For a nice bought of sickness the following day”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We booked a table here and went for a family meal, After waiting over an hour for our order to actually be brought to the table, everyone of our party was served and I was left with nothing, as they "forgot to bring my meal". When my BBQ Porky Pig Grill did eventually arrive, the extra egg that I had asked for was undercooked, the albumen of the egg was raw, I didnt want to make a fuss so I just left it, one of the sausages was still pink in the middle, that was also left, my grilled tomato was absent too. My husband asked for a 32oz steak to be cooked rare, it was medium at best.

Sunday morning arrived along with terrible sulphur tasting burps, stomach cramps, and the worst sickness feeling ALL day long, and for this privilege I paid £9.99

I will never go here again, if the chef cant tell when an egg is cooked they shouldnt really be a professional chef at all.

Dear Schu32

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Shift Hound in regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Flaming Grill
“Excellent food”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I ate here 2 nights whilst I was staying in Blackpool food was excellent, and not too expensive. Worth a visit