“Hotel Blackpool close to Central Pier and attractions.”

Fairview Hotel Blackpool
Ranked #738 of 864 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Fairview Hotel is close to all the attractions of Blackpool and is recommended by me for its high standards of decoration, good food and easy parking.close to all tourist attractions and night spots, restaurants, the Central pier shows and also the Pleasure Beach funfair and the Sandcastle. Good parking and the owners are friendly. Paul Davies MBM

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 November 2013

It seems this Hotel was more or less par for the course in Blackpool. That is going on comments from other dancers who stayed the night. I shared a twin room with a friend. Freezing cold when we arrived (at 4pm) "heating comes on at 4, luv"! So got ready in the freezing cold. When we got back after night out, heating off and room freezing. Slept in my Fleece and thick socks and still cold. Bed springs squeaked every time I moved. Terrible bed with horrible plastic cover and awful cheap bedclothes. YUK. It barely passed for a single. No bedside table. Nowhere to put your overnight case. Tiny wardrobe. Shower room had a 'watering can' for shower. Miniscule sink with no running water - had to press for limited water just enough to wash hands. Nowhere for toiletries. It was £50 for the room! not even good value. Give me Travelodge any day! Downstairs nice lounge bar with big t, but when we went own at 8 to watcch tv, no-one around and TV switched off!!! Come on, needs comfortable beds, spare blankets, heating and a shower that is a shower not a watering can!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the attic room was clean and fresh. Got a warm welcome had a few drinks In the bar late afternoon the bar man was pleasant to speak to and new the area well. Dinner and breakfast was 10 out of 10 would recommend stopping at fairviews as I certainly will on my next visit.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Decyy
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I have visited Blackpool a few times over the last couple of years visiting close friends, I came across this B&B online and myself and my friends couldn't have asked for more!! Margaret (the owner) was very welcoming and made us all feel right at home upon arrival, she showed us to our rooms and assured me should we need anything to not hesitate to ask!

The rooms were very pleasant and spacious and most of all WARM!( I can't do with a cold hotel room!) Breakfast was lovely, this hotel is fantastic value for money and I would recommend to all my friends and family to visit when they are in the area.

I had seen a negative review regarding this hotel and I honestly couldn't disagree more, it certainly wasn't the experience me or my friends had whilst staying in the hotel.

We are already looking to book up again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank MollsnOlls
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Booked in to stay here 15th,16,17th and leave 18th nov , arrived about 630pm Friday, with not a very friendly welcome, booked a family room for 4 with en suite, no ensuite shared bathroom , beds where damp, in a tiny attic room ,no where to put our bags or hang up clothes up , daughter went down stairs for wifi password , to find a dog running through the kitchen yuk, complained to lady regarding room , response was a shrug of the shoulders, told her I was checking out first thing would of went hat night but didn't want to be wandering around Blackpool with my kids after 10 pm at night, what they sold me is not what they gave me , no wifi, could not get it with being in attic, no en suite , sure as hell was not eating breakfast after her dog running around kitchen, she's aid the dog was tied up in kitchen, could not even tell you lady's name as she never introduced herself, report this b and b to environmental health and trading standards , place is a pit would never recommend anybody to stay here , we visit Blackpool about 6 times a year for dancing competitions, I have made all dance schools aware of this dump,

Room Tip: Don't ever put your feet inside this door it's a dump
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tanya K
Reviewed 2 October 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Stayed here for one night in August 2013. Great location, only 5 minutes walk from the centre of Blackpool. Room was quite small but very clean and the bed was reasonably comfortable. Small Car Park at the rear of the Hotel which was very useful. Breakfast was great with lots of choice and good quality. Not the best hotel we have stayed in, but would stay again due to location and value for money.
We left an item behind when we left, but following a phone call to the owners when we got home, they posted the item to us within a couple of days. Great service, thankyou

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple