“Mr Smiths Epic Stag Do!!!”

Stockton Grange Hotel
Ranked #63 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Coventry
“Mr Smiths Epic Stag Do!!!”
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Well it's not the Ritz but all i needed, my room was nice and clean. Bed was extra comfy didn't take long to drop off to sleep. Staff were all very friendly and the choices at breakfast were perfect. I would recommend this hotel to other potential visitors!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2012

went with a group of girls for friends hen night and had a lovely stay. well worth the money and beds were very clean with crisp white sheets. yes its a bit dated and basic but we were well looked after and the lady at reception was lovely.

Room Tip: apparently our room (no 37) is haunted! didnt find out til next morning but we never felt any 'p...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank janill
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I stayed here along with 13 mates for my stag do on the 28th July for one night and we was met by the lady behind reception who was lovely and showed us to our rooms! They were basic but clean although the bathrooms are tiny the bar area is a decent size and the pool table is ok! During my stay there was another stag do and a hen party so I wouldn't recommend this place for a peaceful getaway but then I wouldn't recommend blackpool in general for that!! The breakfast in the morning was good enough to help soak up the beer from the night before!! Would I stay again?? Yeah with my mates as it's location is ideal. Overall I would say this is perfect for groups but not for families

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Michaelco3n
Reviewed 17 July 2012 via mobile

Stayed here one Sat night in July after being kicked out of the previous b n b for being to rowdy! Anyway we where given a massive room with plenty of space then we went out. Breakfast in the morning was gorgeous and the staff looked after everyone well!

Only thing I didn't like when the two old chairs in the room reminded me of a nursing home but I'm probably being fussy!!

Would recommend for a cheap stay :)

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Hellomissy
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Stayed here as a last minute thing - 3 of us girls got a room for £20pp first room we were shown was a little run down but for £20pp what do you want ?? arnt all blackpool b&b's in need of refurb/updating etc!!! you pay for what you get! anyway nice helpful lady on the reception helped with our bags to the room - she then changed our room to a big family room on the front with big windows lovely and clean beds were amazebombs (best sleep since last year) LOL

Breakfast was nice, you were able to pick and choose what you wanted on the plate if your a fussy eater like me :)

I would defo stay here again, i cant believe some of the negative reviews. The owners couldn't do enough to ensure everything was ok, and that we had a good stay! Hotel seemed like it was full of people within our age range so you were able to have a laugh giggle etc without the usual moaning sod next door complaining!

IGNORE negativity below :)

Room Tip: Ask for room on the front, ground floor BIG, BRIGHT and can nosey ;)
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Ripon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Stayed here with a group of friends for a hen weekend, I know it wasn't expensive but we could've stayed in a travel lodge for less than half the price and it would've been a lot cleaner and a lot more comfortable. Yes it is fit for purpose and the owner/ staff are helpful enough but if you are looking for a nice place to stay this isn't it.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Kathyt1409

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Any decent business owner would not come on line to defend themselves against bad reviews so im gonna do it for them.

The previous reviewer was moaning about paying £39 for this hotel, if you want topnotch pay topnotch you cheap skate and dont try to save a few pennys and then have a cry about it.

My stag group of 11 arrived on sunday 3rd june and was greeted by a friendly smile and a lady that couldn't do enough for us all, yes the rooms were basic but clean and exactly what i was expecting for the price.

we were all wearing t-shirts with names on that some would find offensive but no one at the hotel uttered a word and was happy to serve us on the bar and let us laugh, shout and joke around, it was quite and i would expect this not to be the case through busier times but all the same a great start to my stag weekend.

having arrived back to the hotel at gone 3am after a heavy night of drinking a friend was locked out of his room and the owner kindly without a grumble placed him in another room for the night.

a great breakfast to be had and we were not rushed to pack and leave, and we WILL be back for a lads or couples weekend after my wedding could not fault what this hotel has to offer for the money.

thanks for having us all and we will see you again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends