“Hotel of horrors”

Stockton Grange Hotel
Ranked #62 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Friends booked this hotel through a agent for a hen weekend, as soon as we arrived it was terrible, filthy,dirty, holes in the walls, the proprities was rude and not helpful, callin us picky, bleached marked bed sheets, toothpaste on the bathroom floor, dirty mugs, window was broke so we cudnt open it, peeling plaster around the door, wiring in the bedroom hanging dangerously, radiator consently on not able to turn it down. Whilst speaking to the proprities she said the council had been round the previous week and was very happy with the service they was offering. After paying £40 each an there was three of us in this room, so in all £ 120, I find the hotel disgusting an wudnt recommend anybody to stay in this hotel

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Graham I

Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

stayed here with my 2 children aged 4&2 for a mid week break.
owners and staff are lovely anything we needed they where happy 2 help.Rooms are a bit dated and could so with a revamp but comfortable
and clean.Only 10mins walk from the pleasure beach and a quick 10min tram ride along the front to the town centre and Blackpool tower. Will certainly be returning later in the year.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 21 September 2012

I booked this hotel last minute for a long weekend with my wife and young son and from arriving at the hotel to the moment we left our experience was an excellent one!! The staff were both welcoming and helpful especially the owner cathy!!!! The room was basic but was clean and comfortable and although this hotel was home to a hen party for the weekend it wasn't noisy at all!! The breakfast was lovely and had good variety of cereals/juices and the staff were more than willing to cook your breakfast to order. I would definitely recommend this hotel as a place for families as my young son really enjoyed the pool table and games machines!! All in all I will be back to the Stockton grange again very soon :)

2  Thank alan_fitz84
Reviewed 16 September 2012 via mobile

Came here with 26 friends for my hen do and it was fantastic, the staff were very pleasant and the rooms were very clean and the bed sheets were lovely and crisp and white. Bar downstairs opens till 2am and there's security on the front desk all night, breakfast was very nice and my overall experience of this hotel was excellent. I'd definitely recommend this to any stag or hen dos (providing you respect the place!!!!) and possibly for younger couples. There are some older people who stay but obviously it's not ideal for them when theres a big party there!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Beautybutterfly
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Me and my partner stayed the weekend at the stockton august 15th, the staff at the hotel were the best part of our trip to blackpool!! Barman trevor was hysterical! He had us laughing all night! And the breakfast girls were so welcoming! Jean is a gem!
The rooms are spotless! There basic but still homely... The stocktons like a home away from home!
The hotel is practically on the promenade, five mins from the south pear, ten from the pleasure beach...and not far out of town... Perfect location!! Oh and Cath is a legend!!

1  Thank jamiempotter
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights on 16th august 2012 with my partner and 4 children the 2 rooms we got we're perfect and very clean the manager went out of her way to help with anything else we needed whilst we were there she was lovely the breakfast was nice lots of choice and the kids loved it I wouldn't have changed a thing I don't understand we're peoples negative coments are coming from especially with the stag and hen partys as she clearly tells you about them when you book to stay here I just think there is no pleasing sum people the staff we're lovely and very friendly we are going back next year.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

Well it's not the Ritz but all i needed, my room was nice and clean. Bed was extra comfy didn't take long to drop off to sleep. Staff were all very friendly and the choices at breakfast were perfect. I would recommend this hotel to other potential visitors!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends