“Worst hotel I've stayed at!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stockton Grange Hotel

and 1 more site!
Stockton Grange Hotel
Ranked #63 of 72 Hotels in Blackpool
“Worst hotel I've stayed at!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Having stayed at this hotel before and thoroughly enjoying it my friends and I were looking forward to returning but on arrival we were disappointed. We were told we were the only people in the hotel (and now I'm not surprised) and they would not be putting heating on due to this. It stunk of damp and was freezing, obviously not had heating on all winter. They put us all in one room (3 girls, 3 boys) obviously because they only wanted to clean one room. There was an open bottle of bleach in bathroom and no bin anywhere. Could tell they just didn't want us there, daren't ask for anything. Wanted money up front and frankly was quite rude about it. Would not open bar and when asked to huffed and puffed. There was no smiles or pleasentries, breakfast may as well of been slung at you. But the worst of it is both keys to outside door did not work!! One friend came home by herself at about 1am and could not get in. Rang bell would not open door. Sent another friend with other key to hotel in taxi which cost him £8 to still not be able to open it. Eventually they opened door and did not even apologise! We all had to come back as could not have risked this happening again. Spoilt our night and no remedy offered. Even told them that morning keys and doors were dodgy! In morning accused friend of locking herself out. Yeah like that can happen. Was so shocking but daren't complain because think we would of got a mouthful. Between us it cost £180, which I don't think they deserve! Trust me even if you've stayed here before and liked do not go back..,gone really down hill and just awful!!

• Stayed February 2014
6 Thank AmandaGreenough

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with a group of 13, the 2 ladies who ran the b and b were lovely and friendly, rooms where clean and tidy, we had 3 rooms between us of 2 rooms which could of sleep 4 with double bed and bulk beds and the large room downstairs which slept 7, the free parking is great, breakfast was good, only moan is that you have to run the hot water for about 5 mins in shower and there isn't many plug sockets in the rooms,
But overall we would stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

I stayed in the Stockton grange hotel on a weekend to Blackpool with the girls and had an amazing time. The staff were friendly and helpful and made us feel comfortable as soon as we arrived. The rooms were fantastic value for money and the breakfast in the mornings cures your hangover .... Delicious. Would definetly recommend this hotel to anyone that is staying in Blackpool for the weekend.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

I stayed for a few nights while I was in Blackpool on business.
All of the staff were nice and helpful as I dont know the area well. The room was clean and the free coffee is always a bonus when getting up early.
The hotel is well located with good parking facilities.
Id recommend staying here and would again myself !

1 Thank wallasey1990
stoke
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

This hotel is great,good customer service and nothing is too much trouble for any member of staff,we have been going to this same hotel now for the last 10 years and never have we had a bad time,so people who slag this hotel off you need to stay longer and revisit and see what i mean the beds are so comfy and clean and the rooms are always tidy,nothing out of place at all,will be seeing you all again on the 11/10/2013 we can't wait for my daughters 17th birthday to spend it n the hotel again with you all
love jenny xx see you all soon

Room Tip: all room are good we have stayed in quite a few over the years enjoyed them everytime
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

Book the Stockton Grange for a stag do 28th September 2013. The moment you walk through the door the smell of mold hits you, on venturing into your room, no sockets work, the shower was cold, although I was told I needed to switch the shower on! I did and it was still cold! Mold around the window frame and well.....For £35 per room was disgusting! I know most will read this and go who cares it was for a stag do...On getting back at 2am in the morning we had found our rooms had been broken into and trashed, the wash hand basin taps left running which had gone through to the rooms below. Police were called out, I sobered up very quickly and ruined my stag night! This is why the review is being made. Nothing was done with regards to the owners other than asking for the payment the following morning! No even a good will gesture was given. If I ever go to Blackpool again on a stag do I'll book myself a deck chair and sleep on the beach it'll be drier and fresher smelling and that's saying something for Blackpool's beaches!

If you don't care about your rooms being broken into and your belongings ruffled, a shower not working, no electrical sockets working for your free tea and coffee! No light working because and I quote "It needs a bulb"...Well PUT ONE IN THEN....Then feel free to stay here lads, it'll be just down your street!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Holophyte

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel and I was extremely disappointed. The wiring was hanging from the ceiling, holes in the walls, damp, musky smell got bitten by 'bed bugs' in the night unclean cups in the room, no television remote , no towels, window was stuck, radiators constantly on room was sweltering!!! Hen parties next to rooms that had children in!!!
All in all an awful hotel will never ever go again and will also tell everyone I know not to go here!!

• 2 of 5 bubbles