“Never ever again”
Review of Roselea Hotel

Roselea Hotel
Ranked #646 of 861 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Ha where do i start. well to start off me and my partner arrived on the friday and it happened to be raining heavly. However we decided to walk up the promonade as we were a little early. anyway 2pm came around bearing in mind we are soacked now. knocked on the hotel door and just got a grunt. no hello how are u no polite conversation nothing. all we got out of her was NAME. Well first impressions not very good got escorted to our room. Money we payed it was fair. Very small half a kettle of water the cups were disctusting they had chips and were stained and dirty. the bathroom door didnt have a middle peice in (between the two handles) so it didnt shut at all. breakfast was OK even tho i asked for more orange juice and i got looked at like i was speakinh out of order anyway that never came was obviously to much to ask. stayed 3 nights bar was open once. says on the website beds are changed every second night ours wasnt. wudnt stay here again sorry but u never get a second chance to make a first impression

• Stayed: July 2012
5  Thank bellend24

Reviewed 9 May 2012

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 23 March 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel a weekend in march for my birthday. When we arrived on the Friday they had a parking space saved for us round the back, which I was happy with as it can be hard to get parked in Blackpool even at night. They were very welcoming and the room was really clean. The breakfast was outstanding, Before we went out at night we got a couple of drinks from the bar and sat spoke to the two women who owned it. They recommended a couple places which were really good. This hotel was well worth the money and when I go back to Blackpool in the summer I will definitely go back, you no what your getting.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Conorh919
Reviewed 31 October 2011

What can i say, I certainly can't agree with any of the bad reviews for this place. I stayed there from monday to friday in the twin en-suite. The hospitality from the two ladies who are running the guest house was really lovely. The room was pleasent and the facilities were more than satisfactory. The breakfast was well worth getting out of bed for not only a full english but a variety of cereals and jams with a top up of tea and toast. We would definitely stay there again and im sure we will.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Kiri92
Reviewed 22 October 2011

I'm just back from a Monday - Friday break in Blackpool and stayed at the Roselea. We arrived before the check in time of 2pm but were told it was no problem and given our keys. The room was fine, the en-suite was clean and functional the kettle worked, (I have only ever filled my kettle up from an en-suite when staying away!) and the coffee and tea supplies were replenished each day.
Yes, the metal bunk bed that my daughters were on did creak, but so does their bunk bed at home so we were used to it, the room was big enough for the three of us.
Breakfast was a choice of cereals, big pot of tea, orange juice, bacon, sausage, egg, beans or tomatoes, hash brown and plenty of toast, jam etc. We were all asked what we wanted and it was always hot and enjoyable.
The bar opened about 7ish, and it was a lovely family place to relax with a drink, watch a bit of telly, catch up with the other guests after our day out.
We'll be going back again next year.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2011

on arriving at the hotel it looked a lovely place, me and my mum went in and landlady didnt seem very friendley at all, was shown to room which i thought was very basic but for what i paid that was ok, i put kettle on which was only half full so i had to ask for more water which i was given however on the second day my mum asked for water and was very rudley told that (NORMAL PEOPLE USE THE WATER OUT OF THE SINK IN THE BATHROOM) well im sorry i am normal but i dont use the water from the bathroom, i got the impression that everything you asked for was an effort,also it was a downstairs room which i needed as my mum is disabled but i did notice there were bars on the windows and if there were to be a fire there is no way you would get out the breakfast i couldnt fault at all, always a hot cooked or cereal with tea and orange juice, i do reckon in this kind of business you need to be a lot more friendley as its us as the customers who keeps these people in business,overall i dont think i would stop here again

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Daniel N
Reviewed 2 October 2011

We stayed for two nights, the room was ok - family room - the beds were clean and tidy and nice sizes,however the bottom bunk squeaked very loudly and was unstable, the ensuite shower was not particularly clean but my main problem with this hotel was the older of the two landlady's. no options for breakfast - no menu - and no flexibility, everything was fried... the attitude of the woman was astounding. Rude would be a polite word to use! do not stay here is my advice, unless...............!!! No just don't stay here.

Room Tip: Take a sleeping bag and sleep on the beach