“excellent stay”

Ranked #720 of 911 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Montrose, Scotland, United Kingdom
“excellent stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

spent a week at the roselea hotel and thoroughly enjoyed it! great value for money!!! the owners were very friendly and welcoming! if we needed advice on things such as bus routes or taxi phone numbers, they were always there to help! its situated in a decent spot between the central and south piers! there is a tram stop at the bottom of the street which was very handy as we got 7 day passes for it. its also just a stones throw from blackpool fc`s stadium:-)!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

We stayed here 3 nights over the May Bank Holiday, we paid £40.00 deposit over the phone, which was fine, and the remaining amount when we arrived. Our room, no 5, had a big double bed and bunk beds for the kids and a large ensuite, which could do with updating but was functionable with a electric shower, full size sink and toilet what more do you need. Breakfast was served between 8.45 and 9.15 and was a freshly cooked full english breakfast, orange juice and cereal there was a large pot of tea on the table and I ask Lorraine for coffee which she brought and then each morning there was both Tea and Coffee :).
The hotel is just off the promenade between the town and the pleasure beach which suited us as we had tickets for both the pleasure beach and the Tower, we would of loved to spend time on the beach but the weather was not right.
We spend two night in the hotels bar the drinks were reasonably price I think a pint was £2.50 and the two ladies (Mother and Daughter) who own the hotel were great and Sonia (daughter) played games with the kids.
Would I go back - defently - This is a cheap family friendly little gem of a hotel.
Tip - If you want anything just ask the ladies are very willing to help and have a drink in the bar to get to know them they will tell you anything you need to know about Blackpool or try to find out if they don't.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

I stayed here in July 2011 (drop down box didn't go that far back) for 2 nights with my partner and our 2 children. First impressions of the owner wasn't too good to be honest, she had told us prior to our visit that we could drop our bags in before check in as we would be arriving early, however when we arrived and knocked the door she seemed very knarked and said "you are very early, the other guests haven't even left yet!" Which I found very stand offish. She seemed fine after this incident though and we didn't have any further problems.
The room, was good for what we needed it for, a double, bunk and a pre made up cot. Wouldn't say it was the cleanest of rooms but bearable. Breakfast was good. Location is ideal, up a side street but close to the front and not far from the pleasure beach. I would probably stay there again if we returned and was on a budget.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

Myself and my Sister and our Mam stayed here for a long weekend Easter weekend.

We arrived on Friday after noon to a Huge big room. one set of a bunks, One double bed and one single bed. Along with TV and Tea and coffee station. We also had our own bathroom. Breakfast was included in the price and we were 5 sec's away from the Tram stop. This was very handy.
The Staff were So nice and friendly and they were very helpful when we wanted to know what to do and where to go. There was also Wifi and it was free.

The price which included breakfast each day was very good. Each day we came back from been out and the room had been cleaned.
For somewhere to sleep and wash this was great it was much better then I thought it was going to be from the pictures I had seen. I was very happy and plan on sending anyone I know going to Blackpool to this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room (at the front of the house) Looked out onto the main road. Im not sure about the other room...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

On check in we were told breakfast is from 9 and then we had our door knocked on at 9.10 to be asked "Are you coming or not for breakfast" When I went for breakfast the owner then turned to the other guests and said "I dont know why I bother" as I had not sat at a table were my room number was. When I checked out the owner spoke to her employees about me as though I was not in the room. My girlfriend was spoken to also in a rude manner and the other couple felt the owners general manner was awful. I choose to stay in B&Bs rather than hotels as I find the owners of B&Bs to be friendly and I often return. The mattress was bad and we booked as a couple and were given one towel. I have never felt so unwelcome in and B&B in England. I felt the owner has lost there way with guests and feels they can cruise as they will get guests anyway. Never again.

Room Tip: You can find a much better room searching longer.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Mark1664

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

leicestershire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

my husband and myself booked this hotel for a weekend break owners were very pleasent and very helpfull room was clean and tidy breakfast was very injoyable could not fault it in any way we enjoyed our stay very much willbe booking again for october would highly recomend to family and friends. mr & mrs ward hinckley leicestershire a big thank you to lorraine and sonia for an enjoyable stay

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Ayr, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

hotel was ok near all the attractions , staff friendly enough

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple