“A Long time favorite”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A Long time favorite”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

My friends and I have been visiting Akash for 18 years , we visit from time to time and if were in Blackpool to eat then it is here we visit, We have never been disappointed with the food. It is a good traditional Indian Restaurant a little back from the prom but the best we have found.
We do regularly visit other towns in the northwest and Akash Blackpool is the best, non of your contemporary fancy crockery that bumps the price sky high Just "Good Honest Indian Food" .

Ken c

2 Thank Kcbooter

Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Hidden Treasure with Taste Sensation”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I am currently hear on business basis for long term with my work and can't help but partake in Indian cuisine whilst I'm here. I have visited number of restaurants in the area, however this restaurant came up near, were found this hidden gem to be best so far in Blackpool. Though I give it a go, the host Sammy and his staff were so friendly, helpful and welcoming. The service was exceptional, great tasting authentic food and very reasonably priced. The drinks were very reasonable....... the list goes on, however the small entrance to the restaurant did put me off on my first experience at the Akash, due to being upstairs. Although I have know become their regular customer.

2 Thank georgesarah001
Windermere, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“the best curry house in blackpool Akash”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

16 of us had gone to the Akash Restaurant in blackpool for my 21st birthday meal, and I have to say, it was one of the best Indians I've had in ages.
We had booked the table for 7:30. When we got in, they took us to the table rather than waitin around,
The food was amazing; we started off with popadoms and starters which we shared between each other and then the main course. I had ordered the lamb korahi which was cooked to perfection...it was delicious.
After that, we went back to the cocktail lounge where we were treated to some complimentary drinks which topped the night off.
I would recommend Akash to anyone who likes to have an amazing meal with friendly waiters who are there for you're every need.

1 Thank tonyrobertsaew
Hull
“Wrong meal followed by inacceptable level of service”
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Attended with colleagues
Starters ok followed by delivery of the wrong meal
The waiting staff took away the first meal returning with half the meal that I ordered stating that the tandoori chicken I ordered would be following
Ten minutes later the remainder of my food arrived but the original food was by now, cold
I decided to leave
The waiter asked me if I would like to take the second part of the order away as a takeaway
I declined his offer

1 Thank Garry G
London, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My boyfriend and I travelled from London to come to Blackpool for the weekend, following on from tradition we always have a curry when we travel away. We asked a local which Indian resturant they would recommend and they said Akash. We had a look on tripadvisor and the reviews looked promising, and we wasnt dissapointed!

Dont be put off by the door at the front, once we went upstairs we were walmly welcomed by the lovely staff. Compared to down south the tikka masala is a little sweeter, but it was still lovely to eat, the food didnt take the long to arrive, the decor was slightly dated, but welcoming. Overall very good experience! Go if you get a chance

3 Thank Gemma G