“The BEST Indian food and curry in Blackpool!”
Review of The Akash

The Akash
Ranked #32 of 780 Restaurants in Blackpool
Price range: US$16 - US$24
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 18 September 2017

We stayed in Blackpool for a wedding for a few nights and tried a few places but this restaurant stood out as not only the BEST Indian food I've had in Blackpool it was the best Indian food and curry I had in all the many places I had been to in the entire Lancashire area.

Most importantly the service here is amazing!! We were personally greeted by the Owner, who was very nice and genuine, he made us feel quite at home and that wasn't even the best part. We had called ahead to ask if this place was toddler friendly and had high chairs, as we don't like to be presumptuous when eating out with our two year old. It turns out we spoke to the Owner's son on the phone before we went and he said that they absolutely welcome children and do have high chairs if we needed one.

When we arrived we ended up asking the Owner's son, Tan, who came to check on us as we were being seated, for the high chair and he remembered my husband's voice from over the phone! He then told the server that he would be taking care of our table and he was such a friendly and pleasant young man, I was so impressed with his attention to great service I wish I could go on and on about how nice he was. He was just a person with great character and was very genuine with his words. He spoke to us for a little while after our meal and asked us about Toronto, it was nice of him to ask of our home and he was such great company! We ordered what he recommended and he told us what he likes and what is popular. We chose from that list and it was all very delicious!

We had the kebab starter app,lamb bhuna, aloo gobi, chicken tikka masala and popadoms as well as naan. the The curry was so flavourful with a good amount of heat, the meat was cooked perfectly so neither the chicken or the lamb was tough. The raita was full of flavour and had a good amount it spice and heat on its own. The naan was large but still light and fluffy and even the potatoes and vegetables were cooked to perfect tenderness. It turned out to be a lot of food for two people but it was so delicious we stuffed ourselves because we could not stop eating and it was sad to leave any of that delicious food.

I highly recommend coming here if you want great Indian food. The quality is unmatched.

4  Thank Naila R

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Visiting blackpool for the lights so decided to visit the Akash. been here before but not for almost a year.
The owner is a colourful character. ever so friendly and not afraid to have banter with you and as a very effectionate laugh.always made us feel welcome and remembered us from last time.
We ordered a lamb kofta and a onion barji starter. very very nice. kofta as so tender and onion barjis were just nice and crispy.
Main meal was Chicken Korma for hubs which he says was out of this world . i ordered a Akash special chicken which was perfect. meat so tender.
Also we ordered a portion pilau rice. and a pashwari and a keema naan. both fluffy naans and a portion chips washed down woth 2 cold beers.
hopefully it wont be a year in coming before we come back. many thanks Akash for a great meal

1  Thank CYMRU-DRAGONS
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Good, tasty food and good service all at a reasonable price. The only thing that stopped me giving it 5stars was the fact there was not only too much food but it was very 'oily' due to the use of far too much Ghee in the cooking.
I love my food but actually left half as there was so much. Never thought that I would ever say such a thing re a restaurant review!

1  Thank SeanCutting
Reviewed 10 September 2017

Went with a friends for a few pints and we found this restaurant, I don't normally go for Indian food but all the rest wanted a curry. The staff were really helpful and polite, the food was really well cooked and the price was reasonably a very nice surprise.

1  Thank Adam S
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Great food, especially the Lamb dishes. Very friendly service. Excellent value for money. Definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank Horrible636