“Great food”
Review of Bombay Restaurant - CLOSED

Bombay Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: finest bangladeshi & indian cuisine
Reviewed 4 June 2014

A return visit to the Bombay restaurant did not disappoint. We had the set meal for two, which was delicious! Food was very fresh tasting and the peshwari naan was one of the best I've had! There was plenty of food and we ended up taking quite a bit home. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Don't be put off by the decor.

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

The staff are rude, the delivery times are shocking after waiting 2 hours for our food to be delivered, the food is disgusting and cold! The food is delivered in a taxi and the staff are not helpful at all to resolve problems. Would not recommend!

1  Thank Jade H
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I ordered food from here which came to the amount of £45 estimated delivery time was 45 minutes but food arrived after 2 hours, food was also sent in taxi and when arrived it was cold and sauce had spilt all over the rest of the food looking like it had just been thrown in the bag, when I rang the restaurant back regarding a refund they were very rude and refused to give me one even with me saying I would take the food back to the shop! I do NOT recommend this to anyone!!!!

2  Thank Lbaxter89
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Good curry, staff welcoming and restaurant seemed clean and well maintained. The flavours were good, not as good as Birmingham but not bad.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

My family called over from Bradford unexpectedly so last minute we decided to have a look at menus we had at home and decided we would go to the Bombay, I love Indian food and whenever we are together as a family we tend to go for Indian more than English food.
We looked at the menu and decided that this is where we would go as I had been several times before and although it is nothing spectacular it is reasonable and had good food.
The décor hadn't changed other than some stickers in the window and we sat and ordered drinks, my mum & dad ordered a bottle of wine, diet cokes for some of the adults and juice for the kids, the cokes were semi fizzy and out of a bottle and in a slim tall ghastly printed glass with a pathetic single ice cube in.
The menus came and were updated versions to the one I had at home, the main difference being the prices, £8.00 for chicken nuggets! Not sure where they were coming from but even in Iceland a full bag would only cost £1!
The kids then shared a Karma and chips (£2.50 for chips)
All main courses were priced around £8.00 without rice, nan or chappati with plain rice adding another £2.50 to your main course.
The food arrived and was average and wasn't overly hot and definitely not worth the high price tags.
These are the kind of prices that I expect to pay at a plush restaurant like Michaels that has just had a fortune spent on it and justifies an eating experience rather than the back street Indian restaurant in Blackpool that we visited.
There are plenty of other Indian restaurants in the town centre that offer much better value for money and a similar décor with at least £2 less per main course you would be better walking the few extra minutes in to Blackpool.
Definitely will not be going back unless ether the prices come down or there is a massive improvement that makes it more of an experience to visit.

1  Thank VivianWest