“Lonsdale Hotel”

Ranked #79 of 853 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Halifax
“Lonsdale Hotel”
Reviewed 30 June 2012

My husband Andrew and I stayed at this hotel 23rd June to 29th June and would like to say that steven and carl were the perfect hosts. They made us very welcome and helped us put our luggage in our room. The room was spotlessly clean. This hotel is one of the best we have stayed in and would definately recommend it. Food was beautiful. We will definately be going back again

Room Tip: We stayed in the Windsor room but they have four more lovely rooms
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2012

The rooms, the food, the owners - simply can't fault this place.

If you are looking for a for a warm welcome to spotlessly clean well decorated rooms then I cannot recommend the Lonsdale highly enough. Until this trip I hadn't been to Blackpool for a long time - if I return anytime soon I will definitely be booking a room here.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Windsor room and Steve apologised as it was the smallest in the hotel - it was so l...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
sheffield
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Stayed at the lonsdale with my girlfriend for romantic weekend where to start,steve & carl 10/10,the room 10/10,the breakfast 10/10,the service 10/10,the hotel 10/10,if steve and carl went on the tv program 4 in a bed they would walk it by a country mile one of the best hotels i have stayed in

Room Tip: choose any room all the rooms are superb
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Just got back from a weekend at the Lonsdale and had to write something!! We usually stay at another B&B but that was fully booked so decided to spend a bit more on the Edwardian Room and see what The Lonsdale had to offer. The decoration, standard of furniture and fittings, attention to detail and general cleanliness are superb throughout and cannot be faulted whatsoever. There was free garaged parking on arrival and with spending a bit extra we got the main balcony on the front with view of the sea and top of the tower (over the roofline of the opposite terrace). The only very minor downside my fiance found (just trying to find something as everything was that good!!) was the water pressure and shower type (fixed head) weren't that great...but as I say I think we were just trying to pick faults (and the type matches the Edwardian theme). As other reviews, Steve & Carl are really friendly and the service they offer really is fantastic.

In general... there's a reason they are ranked number 6 on trip advisor of the hundreds and hundreds of B&B's on offer because of the standards Steve & Carl keep and I'm sure they'll be at no. 1 soon!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Darren A
Bucks, uk
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I Cannot thank the owners enough for their generous hospitality throughout my visit, with two friends. Mine was the windsor room, at the quiet back. I used it as a single and it was so comfortable and peaceful. Room decor was stylish with attention to detail and without doubt, the meticulous approach of the owners made it arguably the cleanest place I have ever stayed...and I travel around the world for a living and stay in so called leading hotels, who really could learn a thing or two from these guys ! Breakfast was lovely and again, the owners try very hard to meet their guests need because it gives them pleaseure to do so.
If I was to visit Blackpool in the future, without doubt, Lonsdale would be the only
Place for me!
Regs
Dirk

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank FairCritique4U
glasgow, scotland
Reviewed 13 May 2012

We have just spent a wonderful weekend at this truly stunning hotel. Where do we begin, on arrival we were greeted by Steve and Karl who took our bags to our room and our car was parked safely away in their garage. Our room was absolutely gorgeous, stylish and unique.We were lucky enough to have a wee look at the other rooms and they too were just adorable. Not only were they decorated so beautifully but they were also spotlessly clean. If these guys didn't run a hotel they could quite easily be interior designers, I wish I could have taken them home with me to decorate my house.
Breakfast was delicious, piping hot, the perfect start to the day. The location of the hotel is perfect too, a few minutes walk from the main promenade but quiet enough to enjoy a great nights sleep in the huge, comfy bed with pillows you just melted into. 5 stars does not do this hotel justice, it could easily be 10!!!
We cannot praise Steve and Karl enough and their simply divine hotel. We will definitely be back, so sad to leave, we could have stayed much longer. Keep up the wonderful work guys, but we know you will.
LOVED THIS PLACE SO MUCH!!! X

Room Tip: All the rooms were fantastic
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lindsay L
, Owner at The Lonsdale Hotel, responded to this review, 18 May 2012
Thank you so much for the lovely review, it makes our work a pleasure when we have such lovely customers who appreciate the hard work we put into our B&B. Look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend and everything was fantastic. Service is very friendly, rooms are very comfortable and breakfast is not to be missed. This should be everybody's 1st choice B&B when going to Blackpool.

• Stayed April 2012