“Yet another enjoyable stay at a The Lonsdale Hotel”
Review of The Lonsdale Hotel

The Lonsdale Hotel
Ranked #95 of 858 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Shepshed, United Kingdom
“Yet another enjoyable stay at a The Lonsdale Hotel”
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Once again our stay exceptional, Steve & Karl the ever fantastic hosts as always, everything perfect and clean and cosy. 11 out of 10, cannot fault anything at all even the breakfast beautifully cooked and served, and our room comfortable as usual, Clean and tidy, and lovely view of The Blackpool Tower, and seafront from the Balcony, thank you gents once again looking forward to our next stay in June 2014 :-)

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank RobLubbock

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Well what can i say , The hosts made our trip so special . My sisters and i took my mum away on a 70th birthday trip to blackpool , have to say i wasnt holding out on anything special but as soon as we pulled up the boys greeted us with such a genuine warm welcome it became special !! We were invited in to the most glorious warm charming magical home i have been in . We were shown to our rooms which were lovely and equipped with everything a girl needs inc a little balcony !!!! The breakfast is yummy . Everything was spotless !!! I can not recommend this wonderful hotel enough , the boys made my mums trip so special , thankyou so much , she now has new wonderful memories , you made her feel very special x

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Julia L
Belfast
Reviewed 6 March 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Lonsdale Hotel in Blackpool for a weekend in early March 2014 and found that it more than lived up to its excellent reputation and ratings by previous visitors.

The hotel is spotlessly clean and exudes opulence and grandeur. Splendour is everywhere, in the finest of detail to the very carpet you walk on throughout the premises.

Stephen and Karl were the perfect hosts, making sure we not only enjoyed our stay indoors but made the most of our time outside in Blackpool, which they represent magnificently.

We have no hesitation in recommending the Lonsdale Hotel to anyone and our next visit to Blackpool will most certainly be based around the availability of rooms at this most elegant establishment.

Thank you for a memorable time.

Room Tip: Every room is special but there are two with even a little bit extra.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AlexMacBelfast
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Stayed at The Lonsdale for the first time this February. What can I say. Karl and Stephen have made my stay very comfortable and enjoyable. spotless and very well decorated Bedrooms and public areas and all the things you miss most from home for a weekend away supplied. A fridge, hi-fi's and DVD iron and ironing board as well as the kettle and Televison I even then found a hair dryer. the breakfast is delicious and very well served and not a bit of grease in sight and as well as the tea and coffee you also get hot chocolate and biscuits. every ounce of their personality is shown throughout the hotel and the beds are so comfortable. fresh towels every day and your bed made each morning i really could not find fault with this hotel and Stephen and Karl have such a welcoming personality and have a great sense of humour. The Lonsdale will be my first choice every time I visit Blackpool from now on.

Room Tip: Personally I would be happy in any of the rooms I really dont feel I would want to choose as each ro...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank tony h
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2014

This is a stunning hotel hidden away in Blackpool.

Im not sure I want to tell anybody about it !

relaxation is in abundance! from the warm welcome to the tasteful décor to the fabulous breakfast there is nothing that could possibly make your stay less than perfect.

My stay was a Birthday treat from my Hubby and what a fantastic weekend we had, even the rain and gales couldnt detract from the enjoyment.

I felt as though somebody had taken away all my stresses and left them at the garden gate.

Thank you so much for looking after us and letting us share your lovely hotel for a few days xx

Room Tip: no need to choose they are all fab!! we had the Edwardian Room with balcony....beautiful !!!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank diane m
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Well what can I say about this remarkable gem of a hotel and its owners, Karl and Stephen, which hasn't been said already. The rooms are gorgeous, immaculately and tastefully decorated, spotlessly clean and well equipped with everything, even this lady could need! It is a rare thing to be treated so individually, welcomed and cared for in such an excellent manner as Karl and Stephen do. My husband and I spent two nights at the Lonsdale and we cant wait to go back. It was a wet October weekend but nothing spoiled it. The Hotel was close to the frontage but enough back to feel you were in your own little haven. The china crockery and ambience took you to a place that was so peaceful and secure. From the moment we arrived we were treated so well, the breakfasts were fantastic (I don't normally eat breakfast so that says it all) and we laughed with other guests so much! We are strong believers of providing constructive feedback to allow for improvements however we are genuinely not able to give any to Karl and Stephen as what they do and how they do it is an absolute shining example of good service, dedication and commitment. It was perfect just perfect! Thank you both and hopefully we will get to see you again soon! Helen and Jez. xx

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Cannock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2013

This is by far the best hotel we have stayed in, superb in every way. Steve, and Karl, made us feel welcome, the minute we walked through the door, to the minute we left, wonderful hosts. Our room was the Regency Suite, and the attention to detail was pure class, The hotel is only a short walk away to the sea front, and the entertainment, and a bonus, a real treat, Steve playing a recital on the piano, you will not find better anywhere in Blackpool. FAULTLESS.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Regency Suite on the top floor. EXCELLENT !!!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple