“Friendly and Unpretentious :D” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Appleton Lodge Hotel

Appleton Lodge Hotel
Ranked #471 of 913 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Friendly and Unpretentious :D”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

We spent one night in the economy double it was a decent sized room and had clean bed linen and fluffy towels.

Jenny and her hubby were friendly and extremely helpful and offered to post my camera charger back to me when I forgot it.

Breakfast was promptly served with lovely thick white toast.

Its not the Ritz but it doesn't claim to be !

(There is a car park at the end of the street that is only £5.50 for 24 hours)

Room Tip: Perhaps ask for a room at the back of the hotel as its a busy little street
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ShavnaG
appletonlodge, Owner at Appleton Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 31 October 2012
Thanks for your review. We would welcome you back anytime

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

Disgusting! When we first arrived the hotel smelt like dogs! Room was standard with a sink no en-suite, communal bathroom was filthy bath had a scum mark all the way around! Decoration was shabby and the so called power shower trickled! Breakfast was poor fried hot dog sausages on the full english! Rank! would definitely not recommend will never ever go back!

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Daytripper1987
Thank you for your review. We have looked at the points you have raised and made significant improvements which we think is reflected in our more recent reviews.
Thanks again
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

We used this B&B a couple of weeks ago, going to blackpool for my friends 21st. There were 8 of us in total and we were given the top floor to ourselves with 3 of us located on the floor below. All of the rooms were a great size, with a sink in each room. All the rooms were clean as were both toilets and the communal areas. The couple in charge couldn't do enough for us, always making sure we were okay and serving us in the bar. As for the breakfast, WOW! One of the best breakfasts I've ever had, with cereal, orange juice and tea on demand and a full english that was just amazing. Highly recommend visiting this B&B and just want to say thank you to the couple in charge for giving us a great weekend, you'll be seeing us all again soon.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind review. We would like to welcome you and your friends back next year
Warrington, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

Came for my sisters birthday with my mum and a friend. my and my sister got a room at the front with a double bed, dirty sink and a carpet that had never been introduced to the hoover. My mum and her friend ended up in a dinghy little twin room with a tiny window and hardly any light at all. The bathrooms were disgusting and the toilet had no sink to wash hands.

The bedding was horrible and the beds were not comfy in the slightest.

Breakfast was ok (we were expecting to leave it!)

The most terrible decoration I have ever seen in a B&B - Bad taste bears everywhere! Not a place I would ever dream of taking my children too.

Dont stay here! Find somewhere else!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jen b
Blackburn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

The last time I went was Tuesday 26th July, for two nights, that is all my schedule will allow.

This was the third time in as many months that I have stayed there and it will certainly NOT be my last. I found the Proprietors very helpful, polite and friendly. Out of all the Hotels I have stayed in, including when I was traveling around the Country for Royal Mail, this was the only one where assistance with my luggage was offered, I am now registered Disabled so the offer was greatly appreciated, though none of the other Hotels I have stayed in gave a second glance to the fact that I walk with a stick.

I will & have recommended this venue

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2010

This B&B isn't clean, The bathroom doesn't have a sink! The owners have cheap wipes and handwash on top of the toilet, which in my opinion isn't good enough. The grout in the shower was dirty as was the bath mat. The place is smelly, the carpets are stained and old. The kettle in the room was black in side with a rusting element, we were told to help ourselves to towels but they were like the rest of the place, old and minging! The delightful smell of old cooking oil filled the place in the morning, we declined the offer of breakfast as we assumed this would have been as rotten as the rest of this sorrowful place! Thank goodness, we only stayed 1 night, which was to long if we could have got the train home we would have!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank brendaradcliffe
appletonlodge, Owner at Appleton Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2011
This persons review is totally unjustified and untrue. Our hotel is a friendly, clean comfortable budget hotel, of course you cannot please all of the people all of the time but at Appleton Lodge we DO please most of the people most of the time. Please check our very truthful reviews on booking.com we have a score of Fabulous 8.9 out of 10