“Perfect!”

Appleton Lodge Hotel
Ranked #508 of 863 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 September 2012 via mobile

This isn't 5 star accommodation but doesn't claim to be, it's clean with decent sized rooms and lovely owners who were very helpful. We stayed with a 21 month old who also had a lovely time in his travel cot. The top shower room was small but the shower was very good and i've stayed in some much much worse places than this for twice the price!
The bed was comfy, and the location was great.
I wouldn't recommend this for a long stay but a couple of nights is fine, we will be back for sure.
I don't agree with the negative reviews, this seems unfair, yes it's not 5 star but it really is fine.
We really enjoyed it.
For breakfast we were given the window table and breakfast was really lovely, thanks Iain!
I would recommend this hotel.
Charlie, Jill and Max

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank charliejillmax
appletonlodge, Owner at Appleton Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2012

Thanks for the kind comments in your review, which reflects what our hotel offers budget comfortable accommodation at a reasonable price
Thanks again

Reviewed 16 August 2012

Its a B&B, our room was very clean, bathroom clean, bedding and bed were good, I was impressed and will stay there again. The breakfast was great too, nice variety for price paid. Well worth the money!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review We hope to see you again

Reviewed 29 July 2012

We spent one night in the economy double it was a decent sized room and had clean bed linen and fluffy towels.

Jenny and her hubby were friendly and extremely helpful and offered to post my camera charger back to me when I forgot it.

Breakfast was promptly served with lovely thick white toast.

Its not the Ritz but it doesn't claim to be !

(There is a car park at the end of the street that is only £5.50 for 24 hours)

Room Tip: Perhaps ask for a room at the back of the hotel as its a busy little street
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ShavnaG

Thanks for your review. We would welcome you back anytime

Reviewed 26 February 2012

Disgusting! When we first arrived the hotel smelt like dogs! Room was standard with a sink no en-suite, communal bathroom was filthy bath had a scum mark all the way around! Decoration was shabby and the so called power shower trickled! Breakfast was poor fried hot dog sausages on the full english! Rank! would definitely not recommend will never ever go back!

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Daytripper1987

Thank you for your review. We have looked at the points you have raised and made significant improvements which we think is reflected in our more recent reviews.
Thanks again

Reviewed 16 February 2012

We used this B&B a couple of weeks ago, going to blackpool for my friends 21st. There were 8 of us in total and we were given the top floor to ourselves with 3 of us located on the floor below. All of the rooms were a great size, with a sink in each room. All the rooms were clean as were both toilets and the communal areas. The couple in charge couldn't do enough for us, always making sure we were okay and serving us in the bar. As for the breakfast, WOW! One of the best breakfasts I've ever had, with cereal, orange juice and tea on demand and a full english that was just amazing. Highly recommend visiting this B&B and just want to say thank you to the couple in charge for giving us a great weekend, you'll be seeing us all again soon.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind review. We would like to welcome you and your friends back next year

Reviewed 18 August 2011

Came for my sisters birthday with my mum and a friend. my and my sister got a room at the front with a double bed, dirty sink and a carpet that had never been introduced to the hoover. My mum and her friend ended up in a dinghy little twin room with a tiny window and hardly any light at all. The bathrooms were disgusting and the toilet had no sink to wash hands.

The bedding was horrible and the beds were not comfy in the slightest.

Breakfast was ok (we were expecting to leave it!)

The most terrible decoration I have ever seen in a B&B - Bad taste bears everywhere! Not a place I would ever dream of taking my children too.

Dont stay here! Find somewhere else!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank jen b
Reviewed 29 July 2011

The last time I went was Tuesday 26th July, for two nights, that is all my schedule will allow.

This was the third time in as many months that I have stayed there and it will certainly NOT be my last. I found the Proprietors very helpful, polite and friendly. Out of all the Hotels I have stayed in, including when I was traveling around the Country for Royal Mail, this was the only one where assistance with my luggage was offered, I am now registered Disabled so the offer was greatly appreciated, though none of the other Hotels I have stayed in gave a second glance to the fact that I walk with a stick.

I will & have recommended this venue

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo