“Fantastic Family friendly hotel with great central location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Gordene Hotel

Gordene Hotel
Ranked #57 of 911 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Bedworth, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Family friendly hotel with great central location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

I booked a 4 night stay for myself and my 4 yr old nephew after finding reviews for the Gordene hotel on tripadvisor. I was not disappointed: comfy bed, en-suite, central location near the tower, and a filling fantastic breakfast. an added bonus were the friendly owners (alan & donna) who were more than happy for me to drop off my case upon early arrival and leave my case to pick up later on departure. When I return to blackpool I would be more than willing to stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Nathan A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Swansea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

Stayed here for two nights with my five year old granddaughter while visiting Blackpool. The room was small but spotlessly clean and had everything we needed including hairdryer, iron, ironing board, kettle and freeview TV. Donna and Alan were absolutely lovely, really friendly and helpful. The breakfast was huge, full English plus toast, jam, cereals and fruit juice. A nice touch was the colouring books/crayons provided for children to keep them occupied while the adults finish their food in peace! This place is for families and couples so no loud hen/stag parties to wake you up in the night. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank ljpixie
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

This is the 3rd time staying at the Gordene Hotel and yet again we was not let down by the outstanding service that Donna and Alan supply. They are so welcoming it makes you feel as if you are at home. Nothing is too much for them. We arrived early and we could drop our cases off early which enabled us to go and show our daughter and son in law around Blackpool. When we went back to the b&b our cases were upstairs in our rooms waiting for us. Anything thing you need to know they will go out of their way to help you with your every need.Breakfast is to die for nothing is too much for them we didnt need lunch as the brekfast set you up fully for the day. Thanks again Donna and Alan job well done see you son hopefully x
babs and mick from sheppey

Room Tip: not stayed in a bad room
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank babs s
West Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

Having heard some horror stories about Blackpool b and bs i did a lot of research before picking this one and I was very glad I did. Alan and Donna were extremely welcoming and helpful; many places these days seem to have lost what customer services should be but not here. The room was immaculately clean and well presented.It was on the small side but didn't claim to be anything other, the en suite was adequate and clean and the breakfast in the morning and added to the value of the one night stay we had.Would definitely recommend and wouldn't be quite so apprehensive about staying in Blackpool in future!!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Traveller258
Buxton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

just had a excellent weekend here the service was second to none it feels like home from home every time we stay here nothing is to much trouble from the minute we check in to when we leave everything is second to none alan and donna are excellent hosts have recommended the hotel to a few of my friends the weather was absolutely scorching

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bacardibabe7
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

Donna and Alan were incredibly welcoming even though I arrived much later than planned. They were incredibly helpful, giving me directions to where I was meeting my friends for the evening. Whilst the area that the hotel is in is not the nicest, it is very convenient. The Tower/Madame Tussauds/SeaLife/Coral Island/Central Pier etc are all just a couple of minutes walk, as is the main shopping area. The main night-life is just 10 mins walk. The Pleasure Beach is a mile away, but even that is a lovely stroll along the prom if the weather is nice. My room was spotlessly clean and well equipped. Whilst the dated furniture mean there's no escaping that this is a B&B rather than a hotel, the room was well maintained and the bedlinen and towels were of a much higher quality than I've found in similar properties. The bed was incredibly soft which may bother some people, but it didn't stop me getting two very comfy nights sleep. Breakfast was nicely cooked and huge - a perfect way to get set for a busy day. Overall, I'd be happy to stay here again, and would recommend it to others. Thanks for a lovely stay!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Nic J
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

I have returned once more to the Gordene...as always Alan and Donna made our stay perfect!
Everything is available for a relaxing good holiday,
The hotel itself is in a perfect location,close to all amenities.The rooms are very clean and well stocked.
The breakfasts are excellent and Donna and Alan give the guests a great welcome and make sure your stay with them is perfect.
I will always return to this hotel when visiting Blackppol and can highly recommend staying here

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family