“welcoming and friendly as ever”
Review of Harlands Hotel

Harlands Hotel
Ranked #509 of 859 Blackpool B&B and Inns
sheffield
“welcoming and friendly as ever”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

just had a great 5 day holiday at this wonderful little hotel.Meals were excellent as always and we had great entertainment every evening as well.Rooms were clean and warm and we watched some lovely sunsets from our seaview room.All the staff are hard working and friendly and try to make sure every one enjoys there selves.We had 2 excursions and went to southport and Liverpool with the driver showing us many interesting places on each trip.This is a busy hotel and if its full they cant give rooms if they don't have them,when ever weve been there its been full with the no vacancies sign up yet people still call and think they have rooms because the sign is not lit ,wrong ,if it says no vacancies that is what it means.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank pepperSheffield

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Me and my partner was going to Blackpool as he had a job interview. We decided to go a day early so we can get a good sleep instead of traveling all the way in the morning. Once in Blackpool we looked on www.lastminute.com it then said it had a room for £29.99 at the Harlands hotel which was great for use as we just wanted to get are heads down. I then got out and went to the door and rang the bell, a man came to the door i explained i have just seen a room on www.lastminute.com and said shall i book it on there website or can i book it here. the man then said there must be a mistake there is no room and that it says that on there website. I then showed him www.lastminute.com on my phone that the room was still available but he insisted there are no rooms and told me to try a different place a bit down the road. I then said thank you and went to the car once leaving my partner pointed out there was a sign in the window that said vacancies and that there is lots of oldish women there. After i noticed i was so angry i felt like we was turned away just because we was a couple in are 20s i felt discriminated because of are age. I am hoping that this was not the case and some think was wrong with the websites and the vacancies light was forgotten to turn off ect.
However we did find an amazing place to stay in the end but thought we would check to see if Harlands hotel has rang www.lastminute.com to remove the vacancy but to are shock it was still on line and this was 4 hours after we left.?
Due to me not staying here i cant rate as i dont know what it was like so i have to put 1/5, however i am glad i didn't book it online and then have to mess about getting my money back.

my advice is to anyone thinking about staying here if you see a vacancy online make sure there is in fact a vacancy by ringing them up as you could end up not having any were to stay.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Nicole b
Harrogate
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Just returned from a bracing weekend in Blackpool. Reading the bad reviews on here, I am not sure if they were in the same hotel. For the price it was amazing value, and car parking an added bonus. I have stayed in some dubious hotels in Blackpool, but this was definitely not one of them. The room was perfectly adequate for a couple, and we were given a sea view which was an added bonus as the sunset over the sea was amazing. The room was lovely and warm. The breakfast was nice and hot, with cereal and orange juice as well. The hotel was a little far out from Blackpool but we got a day pass for the tram/bus which was very reasonable, It was on the main road, but I did not hear the buses or trams, so it was very peaceful. I would definitely stay again here.

1 Thank caltoncat
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014

just had a lovely long weekend at the harlands and once again it was excellent from start to finish.Graham and the staff work tirelessly to please everyone,the meals are fresh and plentyful we had 2 nights of live entertainment and the added bonus of sunshine really helped when we were shopping in blackpool on the saturday .Dont let any spotty teenager jocks who only paid 20 quid to stop here put you off.This is a no frills value for money hotel if you want luxury pay more and go elsewhere,ive recommened this hotel to loads of people and theyve all been satisfied with many of them visiting the hotel reguarly ,oh and by the way were not an old couple or common travellers as weve been all over the world holidaying and yes paid much more for luxury but for value the Harlands takes some beating.

3 Thank daisydukeslegs
St Andrews, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I visited over the weekend and first impressions were it was an old fashioned typical "blackpool" hotel. I only met one staff member(Not sure if was owner or manager) and he seemed a pleasent enough man. Didnt see anyone else during my whole weekend who worked there which i find strange. Dont get me wrong, i wasnt in the hotel alot as it was not a room i wanted to stay in as i felt slighty down graded and dirty. The people giving the "excellent" reviews will 95% be older couples, blackpool locals or common travelers. So if you dont think you apply to those then i recommend you look away from this hotel sadly.

The double bedroom was so small, that you couldnt swing a hamster never mind a cat in the room. We were giving a bed and a horrible blue two seated sofa which was approxemetly 5 inches away from the side of our bed.. now if you ask me, i dont see any logic what so ever having a sofa right next to a bed. maybe you want a diffrent feeling on you backside, who knows. I have stayed in the "cliffs hotel" in blackpool which was 50x the quality of this hotel.

Now on to the positives. The shower "area" was clean enough (apart from the shower rail which had yellow mould and gunk coming from the metal). The room was very well heated, the carpet was hooverd well and the bedding was clean to a certain extent.

Im dissapointed to be writing such a bad review as i take no pride in it what so ever. But for those who might think "aw its got lots of good reviews" please understand that those people will find this hotel 4 star standard.

1 Thank Spiderman3093
WIGAN
Reviewed 30 December 2013

just arrived home after another fantastic stay at the Harlands hotel I have just read a review and im sure they haven't been to the same hotel as us because the staff are always very friendly and helpful Graham and Joanne and the rest of the staff are always willing to go the extra mile to help you enjoy your stay .The rooms are spotless and very comfortably and the food is always hot and plenty of it .We had great entertainment every evening and the bar is well stocked and very reasonable so I don't know what some people expect I have said this before but if people want more than they get at the harlands for the price they paid I suggest they book for the Hilton next time .so I would just like to say a big thank you to all the staff at the Harlands and will see you in march love sue and family x

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SUSANP001
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I dont know where to start. Really felt ignored with any request we made to the person who was behind the reception desk. He was not at all accomodating or corporative with us. We were travelling with a little baby and been and stayed in many places across uk and have always received good service and courtous people but this place is deranged from these qualities.
There was No one to entertain your request and if any its denied always. Straight face no smiles or greeting ever. No heating in room, toilets not clean, no wifi when asked for password was given one but wont connect. No bed side light, most importantly bedsheets were not clean neither were the pillows or covers ( i was scratching myself all night and have some red spots on my body its horrible.

When asked that due to the baby crying all night couldnt sleep properly and if possilble could check out half to an hour late as just woke up the guy did not even care to listen to understand and dissmissed the request by saying its not possible as the check out time is set at 10 am and nothing can be done, i mean come on i have seen b&b were you get extra time in such similar situation but NO not here

Its was all altogether a disgusting stay at this place and would never visit or recomend this place to anyone.

They dont do breakfasts as they dont feel the need for this for only few guests staying here. Well if the service was nice why wouldnt people stay.

Thanks for reading.