“Lovely Hotel on the North Shore”
Review of Waves Hotel

Waves Hotel
Ranked #24 of 853 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Oundle
“Lovely Hotel on the North Shore”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I stayed at Waves for two nights whilst on a business trip to Blackpool. I chose this hotel because it was just 1 mile from where I was working, had excellent reviews and was very well priced. It lived up to all of the reviews. A lovely warm welcome and had I been staying there on holiday John had plenty of recommendations for what to do. Clearly knows the area well. My room was at the back of hotel, a small room with a double bed (very comfy), wardrobe, tea & coffee and a private shower room. The shower was excellent, plenty of hot water and a good level of power. Toiletries provided too which was a lovely touch and unexpected. All very clean. It was very quiet too so I slept well. The only thing that bothered me was a small light flashing on the smoke alarm (I'm sensitive to the smallest of lights, even a TV light) however, I take an eye mask with me so not a problem. I didn't have cooked breakfast as I tend to eat just cereals and toast however, I just know that the breakfast would have been great. It so good to be able to find good quality independently owned hotels at excellent prices, rather than having to use one of the expensive chains of hotels. Support local business and stay here!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Reviewed 24 September 2013

My partner and I stayed here whilst house hunting in Blackpool.

You know this is going to be a lot nicer than most hotels as soon as you see it. A clean bright modern fresh exterior that invites you in

I'm a notoriously bad sleeper but the beds were really comfy and I slept well.

For those on holiday, the hotel couldn't be much nearer the beach yet just tucked into quiet side street away from the hustle and bustle and with loads of free parking

Recommended

• Stayed April 2013
Reviewed 6 September 2013

At last we have found the best hotel in blackpool We would highly recommend waves hotel to friends n family or anybody looking for a nice clean and quiet place to stay we where made welcome from the minute we went through the door and John and dean where so friendly they do a very good job and made us feel at home during our stay our flat was spotless and our breakfast was amazing we could not have asked for a better place to stay we won't be going to any other hotel in Blackpool apart from waves hope to see yous soon guys and thanks for a great holiday John and dean. And of course big Harvey he's so adorable Angie n andy x

• Stayed September 2013
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Everybody says its a home from home and this is true from start to finish,from the fab welcome to the sad and reluctant goodbyes . An absolute gem of a place and I challenge anyone to find better hosts than John and Dean and of course the gorgeous Harvey....a real hit with my two boy's! Thank you so much guys...hope to see you soon...Sarah,Clare,Finlay and Niall.

• Stayed August 2013
Barnetby le Wold, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Think the headline says it all! It really is "home from home" & if I was to give it a score it would be 100 out of 10! From the moment my six year old daughter & I stepped into waves it became home for the week. From the welcome you get to the room you have is better than a five star hotel! John is a master at making you feel welcome, a fountain of all knowledge when it comes to Blackpool & the best places to go, deals to be had, friendly advice. Dean is a master in the kitchen - fantastic breakfast from Dean every morning - cooked to perfection! Then there is Harvey (the dog) a true gentleman! Great with my daughter & as friendly a dog I have met in many years; he too is fantastic. I have been lucky enough to travel to some wonderful & beautiful places in the world and I know that the american`s pride themselves on customer service...and making people feel welcome - not knocking the american`s in the slightest, just a bit of advice...come & see how John & Dean do it!!
So to sum up, fantastic, fantastic, fantastic....so much so that I have booked to go back in three weeks time for a short break with my daughter!

Room Tip: No tip here - if our room was anything to go by, every room will be fantastic!!
burton on trent
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Me, my partner and two kids just spent the bank holiday weekend at waves with john n dean and it was a really great break.the rooms were clean, light and airy and johns hosting skills coupled with deans skills in the kitchen made our stay wonderful, and I think my two kids wanted john to be their new best freind by the time we left.will be booking again and would reccomend to all

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Just returned from a brilliant stay at waves. John & Dean were the perfect hosts, we were made to feel so welcome from the minute we walked in. The breakfast was delicious & perfectly cooked & our room was lovely with a huge bay window overlooking the sea & tower. We will definitely be returning, it was like an home from home. We only stayed a few days and it felt like we'd known John & Dean all our lives! The location makes it great for couples and families. You can walk in to the centre of Blackpool which took us around 10 mins or you can easily catch a tram at the end of the road. Highly recommended and looking forward to returning soon!!