I booked this hotel via late deals site so the bargain price is not reflective of the usual rack rate. In fact it was half the price!
However I do like booking Village hotels as they always have a good standard even if when you wake up you could be in any other their hotels. In this case Heron reach maintained the high standard.
The room was very clean and facilities excellent. A large TV and internet access for free is always a bonus. The bathroom was bright and very modern although I found it impossible to work out which tap was which. Perhaps I should have sought advice!
The reception was very busy and as this hotel is linked to a golf course it was very busy all the time with groups of golfers either bustling in the 19th hole or in the restaurant.
The place had a recently cleaned feel although the corridors go on forever and need brighter lighting.
One concern was the lift was broken down and what asking about had been for several days. In this enlightened era prompt repairs are a must for less able clients.
The breakfast was hearty although the usual 9am rush happened and a stressed chef leaked frustration when complaints were made the sausage was not cooked. ‘It is cooked it’s the colour of the meat’ was his reply!
Ate in the restaurant on the evening and can say the meal was very nice full portions and presented well by very pleasant staff. The bar staff were also charming and when that level of customer attention is given then it smooth’s any other issues.
Big plus: - Clean and pleasant waiting staff
Big negative: - dark corridors and faulty lift
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Blackpool is set in 236 acres of Fylde coast countryside, the hotel is the perfect base for a relaxing leisure break with the splendour of the Trough of Bowland and the Lake District only an hours drive. There's all the fun of the Pleasure Beach, piers and Golden Mile just minutes away offering something for everyone. Village Hotel Blackpool has 174 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, 3 Squash Courts, 3 Tennis Courts, Indoor and Outdoor Swimming Pools, Championship Golf Course, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Village Hotel Blackpool reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Herons Reach Hotel Blackpool
- Herons Reach Blackpool
- Herons Reach Hotel Blackpool
- Blackpool De Hotel Vere