As a regular visitor to Blackpool, and having stayed at other comparable hotels, I can honestly say that The Village Heron's Reach ranks as the best of the lot. It has recently undergone a massive refurbishment and this has only served to enhance what was previously a decent (if a tad tired) establishment. The room was spottlessly clean and stylish with tea/coffee tray, hairdryer, ironing board etc. The staff provided an excellent service by being both professional and friendly - indeed nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast is served buffet style and there's a great selection of both traditional and continental breakfast items. Despite the restaurant being very busy at breakfast time the whole operation ran like clockwork and on surveying the other guests everyone seemed happy. Something also worth mentioning is that the cooked breakfast was piping hot. With the exception of breakfast though, I didn't eat in the hotel but there's definitely plenty of choice there including reasonably priced bar meals.
The hotel facilities are excellent with a well equipped gym, both an indoor and outdoor swimming pool, sauna, jacuzzi, steam room and squash courts. You can even fish within the hotel grounds.
The location is good - right beside Blackpool Zoo - near enough to the biz to be convenient but far enough away to enjoy peace and quiet if you want it.
Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel for your Blackpool trip and I'm already looking forward to my next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Blackpool is set in 236 acres of Fylde coast countryside, the hotel is the perfect base for a relaxing leisure break with the splendour of the Trough of Bowland and the Lake District only an hours drive. There's all the fun of the Pleasure Beach, piers and Golden Mile just minutes away offering something for everyone. Village Hotel Blackpool has 174 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, 3 Squash Courts, 3 Tennis Courts, Indoor and Outdoor Swimming Pools, Championship Golf Course, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Village Hotel Blackpool reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Herons Reach Hotel Blackpool
- Herons Reach Blackpool
- Herons Reach Hotel Blackpool
- Blackpool De Hotel Vere