“Wonderful Stay”

Ranked #29 of 70 Hotels in Blackpool
Burntwood, England, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Stay”
Reviewed 22 October 2011

My partner and i stayed for 1 night in October 2011. It was enjoyable and relaxing. The accomodation was beautifully presented upon arrival we were breath taken by the building itself. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The room itself was spectacluar with brilliant facilities and lovely views over the golf course. The breakfast in the morning was fantastic and filling and was a delightful atmosphere. All in all we would definately return.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
Uttoxeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2011

My Husband and I stayed for 3 nights in October,we found it by accident whilst looking for a short break,it had been considerably reduced on a special offer,so we thought we would try it.
We were very impressed by the standard and amenities this hotel had to offer, they also allowed us to take our little Shih Tzu dog which is a bonus in a hotel of this kind.

We found the rooms were very comfortable,the staff helpfull, in fact we could not fault it.

We would most certainly stay again.

1 Thank 556wendyr
Westcliff-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2011

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights( October 2011)and had a relaxing and enjoyable break at Herons Reach. Our room was spacious,clean,comfortable and quiet overlooking the golf course as I had asked. All the public areas were of a high standard and the staff pleasant and helpful.I enjoyed using the very good size swimming pool. We ate in both the Italian and pub restaurants,again very pleased with the food and service. Although the hotel is some 30-40 minutes walk from Blackpool seafront it is a lovely walk across Stanley Park. A taxi back each day was £6-£8 which we felt was reasonable. We left the car at the hotel,preferring to walk and use public transport. A day ticket on Blackpool buses and trams is £3.50,such good value as you can travel a long way along the coast and into the country.. We went to Lytham,Fleetwood,Cleveleys by bus and we saw all of the illuminations by tram. I was born in Blackpool in the 1950's and still enjoy visiting Blackpool every few years,I still believe it is one of Britain's best seaside resorts,it looks even smarter now they have modernised nearly all the promenade. We will ceratinly be staying at Herons Reach again on our next visit to Blackpool.
Evelyn and Andrew from Westcliff-on-Sea,Essex

Room Tip: Ask for one looking over the golf course,it was a lovely peaceful room.
2 Thank Evelyn W
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2011

As a regular visitor to Blackpool, and having stayed at other comparable hotels, I can honestly say that The Village Heron's Reach ranks as the best of the lot. It has recently undergone a massive refurbishment and this has only served to enhance what was previously a decent (if a tad tired) establishment. The room was spottlessly clean and stylish with tea/coffee tray, hairdryer, ironing board etc. The staff provided an excellent service by being both professional and friendly - indeed nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast is served buffet style and there's a great selection of both traditional and continental breakfast items. Despite the restaurant being very busy at breakfast time the whole operation ran like clockwork and on surveying the other guests everyone seemed happy. Something also worth mentioning is that the cooked breakfast was piping hot. With the exception of breakfast though, I didn't eat in the hotel but there's definitely plenty of choice there including reasonably priced bar meals.
The hotel facilities are excellent with a well equipped gym, both an indoor and outdoor swimming pool, sauna, jacuzzi, steam room and squash courts. You can even fish within the hotel grounds.
The location is good - right beside Blackpool Zoo - near enough to the biz to be convenient but far enough away to enjoy peace and quiet if you want it.
Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel for your Blackpool trip and I'm already looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lizbreaks
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I made the booking through the website, and due to me wanting certain things I spoke to Kristina who could not have helped me more! She was extremly polite, and very professional throughout my booking procedure.
She recommended lots of different places to visit as we had a little one, and our daughter might only be 7 months old but she loved the sea life centre.

I actually got to met with Kristina when we cheked out, so I got to thank her in person. But I would recommend this hotel to everyone. There is lots to do - they have a gorgeous in door & out door swimming pool, Golf Course, fantastic pub & restaurant, squash courts and tennis courts so there is something for everyone. Even a starbucks cafe!!!!!!

Kristina I can't thank you enough for what you did for us at the beginning of our stay, you made it even better as everything I had asked for was sorted with no questions asked.

Fantastic customer service. Thank you! :-)

Dumfries, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Room very dark (not helped by the dark decor), on the small side and with minimal storage. No hotel or local information in the room apart from the restaurant menu so you had to find out when children were allowed into the pool etc. The bathroom was very small and was not particularly clean, the body wash dispenser was empty and for two out of the three days we were not supplied with enough towels. Tables far too close at breakfast - guests could not even get into their seats. Food in Victory bar was good and well priced if you selected the daily special. Leisure facilities were good apart from the family changing which has no shower.

1 Thank Alex M
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2011

My husband, our two year old son and I stayed at this hotel for two nights bed and breakfast on the 8th and 9th of October. We got a fantastic deal on a family room and paid £75.00 a night.

I had been a little worried about our booking when I read the most recent reviews on trip advisor however, we all thought the hotel was fantastic with great facilities for the whole family.

The staff are very helpful indeed and tended to our requirements; they were also happy and freindly. The sevice was quick from staff behind reception, in the health club, breakfast room, cleaners and in the staff in starbucks. We had no problems what so ever!!!

The hotel was clean and our room was very good yes, I agree the decoration was dark and not to our taste but, we did not go to Blackpool to sit in our room for the duration.

The swimming pool was great both in door and out door and we used it on two occasions. Changing facilities were clean and fresh towels were at hand for all.

The breakfast was good and lots of it. Cereal, toast, fruit, yogurt, full English, pastries, fruit juice, tea and coffee etc.... no problems getting seated but, the reception staff did advice us to avoid the 9.00 slot as it was very busy so we did just that and it was great.

We will be returning to this hotel. What my husband and I liked about it was it was away from the main strip. We went in to Blackpool each day somtimes by taxi (about £9.00) or somtimes we drove.

We all could have stayed longer at the hotel. We were sad to leave.If you were lucky enough to get your self a deal like we did you will not be dissapointed, enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Thank Lisa H