We stayed here for two nights in October because we were visiting Blackpool to attend a gig at the Opera House. The hotel location is about a £10 taxi ride, or a very pleasant 35 minute walk if weather permits, through Stanley Park to the tower area. Our room was spacious, clean and well decorated and actually overlooked the recently opened outdoor heated swimming pool which is a fantastic facility which I believe is intended to be open all year round. In addition to the outdoor pool there is an excellent indoor pool together with sauna, steam room and hot tub.
There is also a well equipped gym but we did not use it.
The hotel also has an 18 hole golf course which seemed to be popular with hotel guests.
There is no shortage of car parking spaces all in easy reach of the hotel entrance.
During our stay there was a wedding taking place on the Saturday and the hotel had laid out the red carpet literally and the wedding reception room looked lovely.
Breakfast buffet selection and quality was very good but I was disappointed that in this cradle of Lancashire there was no black pudding available.
On the down side there were some disappointments. Our 2 day deal included dinner on the first night which was served in the in-house Italian theme restaurant Buca di Beppo. You felt like the poor relation as only a small selection off the larger menu was included and contained nothing that I would normally order. The quality of food could be described as fast food dressed up or sometimes referred to as "boil in the bag" pub type food which doesnt require a chef's input.
The other thing was a lack of information in the room or even at the desk, no location maps, details of Blackpool attractions or even information about buses into town or walking routes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Blackpool is set in 236 acres of Fylde coast countryside, the hotel is the perfect base for a relaxing leisure break with the splendour of the Trough of Bowland and the Lake District only an hours drive. There's all the fun of the Pleasure Beach, piers and Golden Mile just minutes away offering something for everyone. Village Hotel Blackpool has 174 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, 3 Squash Courts, 3 Tennis Courts, Indoor and Outdoor Swimming Pools, Championship Golf Course, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., LateRooms, HotelsClick and Ebookers so you can book your Village Hotel Blackpool reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Herons Reach Hotel Blackpool
- Herons Reach Blackpool
- Herons Reach Hotel Blackpool
- Blackpool De Hotel Vere