Special deal leisure break weekend allowed the two men in the party to watch their local team play Blackpool in the FA cup and three of our party of 4 played golf on Sunday morning (interesting course with a variety of holes and very friendly golf staff). We all enjoyed the spa facilities. Best to book in advance if you want a beauty treatment as there were none available when we arrived. Overall, the hotel did have a 'village' feel as there was something for everyone; from Starbucks in the reception, through to the fantastic range of facilities (especially the outside pool) in the health club, to the pub/golf club house at the back of the hotel. I have scored the rooms only average due to the dark decor and lack of lighting (we could hardly see one corner of the room) and excessive noise through the adjoining door from our neighbours who were still excited following a Friday night tribute event to Take That! However, the beds were comfy and the bathroom was clean if compact!
We ate breakfast from 8.30 am on the Saturday. The hotel seemed very busy from the night before and a long queue had formed by the time we left the dining room. Our golf was booked for early Sunday morning so the staff allowed us to access the cold breakfast items 30 minutes prior to the normal opening time. The breakfast food was excellent but, regrettably, the hot food was spolit by being served on cold plates. We also ate in the restaurant on one night as part of our 'package' deal'. We were offered a reduced choice menu which was more than adequate. We enjoyed good (and hot) food and good service although a couple of items did not match exactly the description on the menu. also some of the tables are rather close together. One of the receptionists helpfully directed us to the nearest tyre centre when we discovered our vehicle had a flat tyre.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Blackpool is set in 236 acres of Fylde coast countryside, the hotel is the perfect base for a relaxing leisure break with the splendour of the Trough of Bowland and the Lake District only an hours drive. There's all the fun of the Pleasure Beach, piers and Golden Mile just minutes away offering something for everyone. Village Hotel Blackpool has 174 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, 3 Squash Courts, 3 Tennis Courts, Indoor and Outdoor Swimming Pools, Championship Golf Course, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Village Hotel Blackpool reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Herons Reach Hotel Blackpool
- Herons Reach Blackpool
- Herons Reach Hotel Blackpool
- Blackpool De Hotel Vere