If you weren't depressed before you go to this hotel you will be by the time you leave!!
We have stayed at this hotel before , 2 years ago and what a difference.
It is now the most dark and miserable hotel I have ever been in, starting in the reception area and throughout the hotel from corridors ,stairs , to Italian restaurant .
In a family bedroom there is black striped wallpaper ,dark grey and maroon paint and dark wooden blinds , grey and red stripy carpet , no wardrobe to hang clothes and the room itself is very small.The bathroom too was very small with dingy floor tiles and really needed a good clean especially behind the door and toilet!!! The towels left so much to be desired! The room was stuffy with no air and if someone was using the shower the window steamed up as window restrictions allowed only a small opening. Presumably health and safety reasons.
We only had one meal here and that was breakfast .It was so basic , no fresh fruit or children's cereals . There was a choice of orange juice,not fresh, or water for the children to drink no apple juice or hot chocolate in the hotel. Also if you arrived after 9am there was a massive queue!
There is a Starbucks cafe situated by the reception which is all well and good until the staff decide to clean in the evening and put out large yellow signs and cleaning trolleys , does little to enhance the hotel when booking in.
We all couldn't wait to check out .....never to return!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Blackpool is set in 236 acres of Fylde coast countryside, the hotel is the perfect base for a relaxing leisure break with the splendour of the Trough of Bowland and the Lake District only an hours drive. There's all the fun of the Pleasure Beach, piers and Golden Mile just minutes away offering something for everyone. Village Hotel Blackpool has 174 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, 3 Squash Courts, 3 Tennis Courts, Indoor and Outdoor Swimming Pools, Championship Golf Course, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Village Hotel Blackpool reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Herons Reach Hotel Blackpool
- Herons Reach Blackpool
- Herons Reach Hotel Blackpool
- Blackpool De Hotel Vere