Spent the weekend here with family - oldest 82 , youngest 8 , plus dogs!! Checked in for 2 nights DBB myself and 5 other family members . It's hard to find a hotel to suit everyone , but this fits the bill - swimming pool for children , loads of open space for dogs ( and husband to run) , spa for sister in law, driving range for the men and a relaxing Starbucks for me !!!
I was very apprehensive of eating here as I had read reviews , but we decided to try the sports bar , and were not dissappointed - lovely fresh pizza , cesar salad and steak - washed down with a couple of glasses of wine - no complaints . The second night We chose to eat out of the hotel , but came back and used our dining allowence for deserts and cheese - great idea! The breakfast is very average , but if you stick to continental you can't go wrong - the tea and coffee is not always hot , but if there was a manager put in there I'm sure they could get the place shipshape and running in order , which I think is all it needs as its a nice atmosphere , just let down by a lack of leadership .
The pool was lovely and clean and the outside pool fun to swim in !
The room was lovely (a little dark) but modern and clean , My son liked the packet of sweets left on his pillow ! Staff throughout the hotel friendly and helpful . It's a busy hotel with lovely facilities
, they're not claiming it to be a 5 star hotel , but for what we paid , we had excellent value for money and hospitality , and I would definitely stay again ( and I'm fussy!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Blackpool is set in 236 acres of Fylde coast countryside, the hotel is the perfect base for a relaxing leisure break with the splendour of the Trough of Bowland and the Lake District only an hours drive. There's all the fun of the Pleasure Beach, piers and Golden Mile just minutes away offering something for everyone. Village Hotel Blackpool has 174 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, 3 Squash Courts, 3 Tennis Courts, Indoor and Outdoor Swimming Pools, Championship Golf Course, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Agoda and Cancelon so you can book your Village Hotel Blackpool reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Herons Reach Hotel Blackpool
- Herons Reach Blackpool
- Herons Reach Hotel Blackpool
- Blackpool De Hotel Vere