“best hotel in blackpool see for your self!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Village Hotel Blackpool

Village Hotel Blackpool
Ranked #31 of 72 Hotels in Blackpool
York, United Kingdom
“best hotel in blackpool see for your self!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

Lovely hotel the staff are great and helpful, this hotel has great facilities with an indoor and outdoor pool which is lovely to go out there in the nice weather where would you find a hotel like this is Blackpool? Up to date gym and great spa! it’s a shame about some of the reviews on here I guess no hotel is perfect unless you pay the big bucks this is Blackpool not London I have been in much much worse in Blackpool if you stay at weekend in any of the hotels in Blackpool you will have a few that won’t be here for a relaxing weekend and will be going in to the town! im guessing the hotel may not be for the older generation as they may not like the urban 2013 feel the rooms are dark but it if gives it a modern feel ! there was a small noise complaint but was soon dealt with as the hotel cannot control to much who they have staying to a certain extent I did mention this to the lovely receptionist who I took her name and was able to help me out for the duration of my stay always a lovely smile on the reception I must say the friendly reception staff excelled the hotel very helpful!! Looks like people are sometimes using trip advisor to slate the hotel as they were not happy with the outcome or their stay this is a shame because I did read the reviews before I went and then stayed myself and had a lovely stay! if you are not bothered about going out for food I recommend a lovely small town called poulton -le-flyde lots of restaurants and wine bars - also upgrading to the upper deck room is recommend extra large bed sky box with all the channels star bucks coffee and toiletries ! Don’t believe all you read see for yourself!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank sally c
jwhur, Guest Relations Manager at Village Hotel Blackpool, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Hi "Sally C",

Thank you for your recent review of Herons' Reach.

Great that you think we are the best Hotel in Blackpool ... and an amazing score for us.

Your review was very constructive and informative and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We do hope that you come and visit us again soon.

Janine Whur

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

I stayed at the Village Hotel Blackpool for 1 night and dined in the Buca di Beppo restaurant. The food was very good. The restaurant atmosphere was superb. The service from our server (Stevie) was outstanding. She was very pleasant, chatted to us throughout the meal, recommended dishes, and looked like she genuinely enjoyed working there. The restaurant was busy, but the attention to detail was of top priority to Stevie throughout. Well done. Thanks for an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: All good. Family rooms are very spacious
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Hi "MaunConsulting",

Thank you for you recent review of Herons' Reach.

Great to hear you enjoyed your meal and service within our Main Restaurant.

Your feedback with regards to Stevie will be passed onto her who I know will be really pleased to have a special mention.

We do hope you visit us again soon.

Windsor, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

(PLEASE BEAR WITH THIS REVIEW IT IS A BIT LONG BUT PLEASE READ IT BEFORE BOOKING)
We visited this hotel in April 2013 and I must say when we pulled up it looked impressive, although I don’t know where the 6 million pound refurbishment went, certainly not on the roadway in or the rooms.
We had two adjoining rooms overlooking the pool area, and were amazed at how dark and dingy the colour scheme was with no wardrobe, just an open hanging area that overlapped the set of drawers and prevented you from hanging anything up in half the area. To add to that the main light in one room was not working and the door handle of one of the interconnecting doors had no screws in it and we found it on the floor. Hardly ideal for a door from a room that was meant to be for disabled guests and for our daughter who has special needs. So we reported it and eventually the duty manager came and did his best to try and rectify the issue, as the maintenance staff did not work past 5pm. He had to leave the light cover off and left it for the morning maintenance staff (at least having no cover improved the lighting).
That night, at 03:45, we were woken by the sounds of drunken revellers shouting to each other about what room they were in and then again 10 minutes later when they returned and were clearly in the wrong place. So a call to reception who told us that they were dealing with it. We were then woken again by the sounds of the doors starting to crash closed as they have really strong locks which force the doors closed unless you hold it. So on the way to breakfast we asked the receptionist about what had been done overnight to address the situation and we had to repeat our story as she knew nothing, and she told us she would look into it.
Breakfast was nothing special and nowhere near as good as a breakfast in a Premier Inn, There was very little choice of cereal and if you try and get in on busy days any time after about 08:30 you can expect to queue.
Later that day we had not received any feedback so we asked another receptionist, who also knew nothing and we repeated our story yet again. She also said she would chase our complaint up and that they would look at CCTV and then would add something to our checkout screen. That night we were again woken by the sounds of the doors crashing closed early in the morning and this time the sounds of the first signs of life in the pool, yes it was still early but that did not seem to matter for the people in the pool or indeed the hotel. One point about the pool is that they limit the times that children can use the pool (all based around those paying for the gym).
On checking out we asked for the outcome of the complaint and, yes you guessed it, she knew nothing about it. So we asked about the fact that something was meant to be put on the screen, and amazingly all that was recorded was "Duty Manager advised". So by now we were absolutely appalled with the treatment and said we would be writing in but were asked to see the duty manager. We again repeated our story, explaining that this had been done several times but had not yet had any feedback about the complaint and amazingly. So after receiving the normal "sorry but I don’t have the authority to do anything" speech, we gave him our details and were only too happy to leave.
So on returning home I get a call left on my answerphone from one of the hotel representatives and then spent the next week chasing up the call, only to be fobbed off with "away from the desk", "finished for the day" and "back in Monday" excuses. I finally got in contact with them 10 days after leaving and yet again had to explain our story. So did it get me anywhere 14 days down the line.............absolutely not. The poor customer service just continued.
A pretty standard reply, an offer of a competitive rate if I wanted to go back (yes I did point out that surely they should be competitive anyway) plus the promise of looking after us (again, surely they should have done that the first time) but no sign of a refund or a partial refund, not likely, they had my money and now did not give a dam and we well and truly fobbed off by a hotel that really does not care about what customer experience you get unless you play golf or pay to use the leisure facilities and I would urge everyone to look at all the negative reviews on this site they all sum it up. Don’t stay there; they really have no concept of customer service once you pay your money. Do yourself a favour and stay at one of the local Premier Inns which all score more highly than this over rated hotel where customer service ends the minute you pay for the room. Please stay away.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else like Premier Inn and save some money - wish we had
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Shrek1966

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

I visited the spa as part of a travelzoo deal as a final treat for my mums birthday.
From start to finish the day was absolutely wonderful, the service was attentive and the staff were second to none.

Upon arrival we navigated our way to the spa which is in the basement area but is still flooded with light which is a lovely surprise.

The changing rooms were bright and spacious with curtained changing areas for those who want a little more privacy when changing.

The pool area itself is large with a jacuzzi area situated within the pool, a spa bath, a sauna, steam room and the the best hidden luxury the outdoor pool. Both pools are heated but the nicest surprise was the outdoor pool which was utterly relaxing and an almost surreal experience with still being in Blackpool :).

From the pool area we made our way to the victory bar which was busy, perhaps a few more staff could have been on the floor as there were a number of hold parties in and lone golfers, the food itself was lovely although the drinks could be thought of as a little pricey. However don't let this put you off as the portions of food make it more than worthwhile.
Our treatments were booked for 16:30 and they were started straight away. The therapists were absolutely wonderful.

. I had a manicure and pedicure with Naomi who paid lots of care and attention to both sets of my nails and even had a lovely chat with me all the way through the treatments, :).

My mum had a massage and manicure with Louise who she said gave her the best massage she had ever had.

The spa provided a wonderful day which really finished off my mums birthday to a perfect standard. I couldn't recommend the spa enough and I will certainly be returning.

I cannot express enough thanks and can't wait to come back to try out the outdoor pool and have a few treatments in the spa.

• Stayed April 2013
      Cleanliness
jwhur, Guest Relations Manager at Village Hotel Blackpool, responded to this review, 19 April 2013
Hi "FScoster",

Thank you for your recent review of Herons' Reach.

Its sounds like you had a wonderful time at the Hotel and we are pleased to hear that you Mother also enjoyed her stay especially the use of our Spa facilities.

If you would like to know about any further SPA offers we may have, please contact myself direct and I will ensure that the SPA team keep you informed. My email address is Janine.whur@village-hotels.com

leeds
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

Spent the weekend here with family - oldest 82 , youngest 8 , plus dogs!! Checked in for 2 nights DBB myself and 5 other family members . It's hard to find a hotel to suit everyone , but this fits the bill - swimming pool for children , loads of open space for dogs ( and husband to run) , spa for sister in law, driving range for the men and a relaxing Starbucks for me !!!
I was very apprehensive of eating here as I had read reviews , but we decided to try the sports bar , and were not dissappointed - lovely fresh pizza , cesar salad and steak - washed down with a couple of glasses of wine - no complaints . The second night We chose to eat out of the hotel , but came back and used our dining allowence for deserts and cheese - great idea! The breakfast is very average , but if you stick to continental you can't go wrong - the tea and coffee is not always hot , but if there was a manager put in there I'm sure they could get the place shipshape and running in order , which I think is all it needs as its a nice atmosphere , just let down by a lack of leadership .
The pool was lovely and clean and the outside pool fun to swim in !
The room was lovely (a little dark) but modern and clean , My son liked the packet of sweets left on his pillow ! Staff throughout the hotel friendly and helpful . It's a busy hotel with lovely facilities
, they're not claiming it to be a 5 star hotel , but for what we paid , we had excellent value for money and hospitality , and I would definitely stay again ( and I'm fussy!)

• 4 of 5 bubbles
jwhur, Guest Relations Manager at Village Hotel Blackpool, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Hi "nipnip",

Thank you for your recent review of "Herons' Reach".

It's always good to hear when someone has had a great stay and even better that they would return again.

I am glad we catered for all your family requirements and that they all enjoyed themselves.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Workington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

Just returned from The Village Hotel, Blackpool.
2 adults 1 child stayed 12th - 14th April.
This is the best all round hotel in Blackpool.
We have stayed at The Village many time's over the year's and to be honest the only thing that has changed other than the colour of the paint is the cost.
We paid £100 per night BB then upgraded for £20 per night for a bigger room.
This is way cheaper than usual so we booked as soon as we saw the deal.
The room was huge and very comfortable but the problem was the size of the bathroom, it was tiny.
How on earth can they put such a small bathroom in such a large bedroom area?
Someone has boobed here!
What a stupid design idea.
The bedroom was excellent though.
The last review i left for The Village i complained about the food.
Not this time, the food in the 19th was outstanding, the staff were very friendly and £40 for a family of 3 with drinks was spot on.
Someone has had a large kick up the backside because other than the last time we ate here we have never had a bad meal so after the first night we decided to eat here again.
My past experiences of eating in the Italian restaurant put me off for life and i hear nothing has changed.
The food here is not up to scratch so my advice is to avoid the Italian and eat in the sports bar.
All in all this is THE best hotel Blackpool has to offer.

Room Tip: You get what you pay for so upgrade!
Hi "Cumbrians66",

Thank you for your recent review of Herons' Reach.

It's great to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay and that you view us as the best hotel in Blackpool! We value all feedback from our guests of which yours was very constructive.

I know that our team within Victory Pub will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed both the food and the service provided.

We do hope you come back and stay with ourselves very soon.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

On my arrival I was met by a very pleasant receptionist by the name of Ruby. She was so helpful booking me in, taking care of my baggage, booking me taxis and in addition arranging with Tania to allow me to enter the restauraunt early as I had an appointment to attend. I have never met more helpful and pleasent receptionists in a hotel before. They made my stay very enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Hi "Trevor B",

Thank you for your recent review of Herons' Reach.

Great to hear that you had a brilliant stay with us and also nice to see special mentions to Ruby and Tanja who assisted you during your stay - your comments will be passed on to both of them.

We hope to welcome you back to Herons' Reach very soon.