“Viva Urban Spa”

Ranked #29 of 69 Hotels in Blackpool
Fleetwood, United Kingdom
“Viva Urban Spa”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Got a 70min Spa session as a gift from my partner. It was a lovely experience, much needed, the facilities and ambience were great, and the staff who served me (Natasha & Hannah) were equally as nice and helpful. I came out feeling much better and rejuvenated. Will certainly be going again :)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
jwhur, Guest Relations Manager at Village Hotel Blackpool, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Hi "CMac101",

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

I will ensure that both Natasha & Hannah are aware of your great review as I know that they will be thrilled with this.

I am pleased that you enjoyed using the Spa and that you will be visiting it again soon.

Janine Whur

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for three nights paid £65 a night great value the facility's are fantastic pools and jacuzzi etc, I had treatments in the spa which were amazing. The room was nice and modern good size. Breakfast was very nice food in the pub and restaurant good but a little pricey but there is a Pizza Hut,
McDonald's 5mins away there was also a Starbucks in the hotel. Overall I had a lovely stay, staff were very helpful and I will be going back.

• Stayed October 2013
Hi "Number1lifeguard",

Thank you for recent review of Village Blackpool.

Great to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and even better that you will be returning to the hotel again.

I will ensure that the team on site are aware of your lovely comments and when you do return we will look forward to welcoming you back.

manchester
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Stayed for a long weekend. Husband played golf. Hotel is nice but more suited to business people than holiday makers. Golf course is very good. Bedrooms are functional, but very dark. dark furniture, dark wallpaper. Breakfast was good. Good selection of items, buffet style. One bad point was the Busca Di Beppo Italian restaurant. Disinterested staff, poorly presented average food. Almost impossible to get served with a drink. Ordered a round, after ten minutes asked waiter where drinks were, he went to get them. never came back. When we went to pay the bill the round of drinks were sat on the bar. Staff weren't really interested, no apology. Probably would go back, but would eat in the bar rather than the restaurant.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ajax1509
Hi "ajax1509",

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

I am pleased that your husband managed to play some golf during your stay and I will pass on your comments to our Golf Director.

Please also be assured that your feedback with regards to our main restaurant will be passed to our Food & Beverage Manager of which we thank you for your comments.

If you do want to contact me direct with regards to your feedback, then please do not hesitate to contact me direct at Janine.whur@devere-hotels.com

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We just stayed for 2 nights, mid week. Pool and spa facilities were amazing and gym was modern and very big. Outdoor pool was pleasant and warm even in October! Clean, tidy and high standard facilities. Hotel is about 2 an a half miles out from the main strip so we spent money on taxis there and back which wasn't ideal however there are buses and you could walk it if you wanted! Because of it's location you do lose some of the Blackpool experience but the hotel offers a different experience altogether. It is next door to the zoo, and a huge park including bmx tracks, play area and courts for football, basketball, even hockey! Parking is plentiful in the hotel grounds and has a golf course but we didn't use it. Staff were very friendly and nice to talk to. The room was modern and even had an iPhone charger fitted in! Could do with a fridge in the room and maybe a bath mat as it was very slippy- could be dangerous for someone less mobile. Breakfast was lovely and lots of choice. Would recommend and surprised at the negative comments as we had a great stay, good deal from the KGB website too so good price and would come again! Emma and Oli.

• Stayed October 2013
Hi Emma & Oli,

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

I was pleased to read that you both had a great stay with us and managed to utilise some of the facilities we offer. The outdoor pool is heated ... so is even great in the winter months and is open all year round.

I do hope that you will both come back and visit us again soon as we will look forward to welcoming you back.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Slow wireless, averagely comfy bed, breakfast was OK but nothing special, dinner in the Italian restaurant was again pretty average - you may see a theme coming out here.... Would I come back ? probably, but only if I had to - I would not come here for a holiday or anything, it is a functional business hotel, but not as functional as some !

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Hi "mwrussell2013",

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

I am sorry that you didn't fully enjoy your recent stay. Please be assured that the hotel does cater for families as well as our business customers and with us also being in close proximity to both the zoo and stanley park its in a great area for families to explore.

If you do wish to contact me direct with regards to your feedback, then please do not hesitate to email me at Janine.whur@devere-hotels.com

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 8 October 2013

First impressions were good, was given an upgrade to the Upper Deck, very nice room with great view of the golf course, only problem was very soft pillows that suffocate you when you lay your head on its side.
Upon check in I was asked to present a credit or debit card, an amount of pounds was charged onto the card. Upon attending the restaurant at 6:30 pm all went a bit down hill from there, no Cauliflower on the menu, strange since it was early and the menu was not all that extensive. Next day when going to enter a lift to go downstairs we had to wait for the lift to return after one of the maid staff used the guest lift with her trolley, this is the only hotel where I have experienced the guests go second. Next night at the restaurant again, an item was not on the menu and I was only told about it when I ordered, very annoying to have to go through the menu again to decide what to have. One of the staff that greets you at the restaurant in the morning for breakfast, spoke so fast with a very thick local accent that I could not understand what she was saying, good idea if the staff spoke slower and clearer for international guests.
Upon checkout there was some confusion with how to charge my room, with the original and debit card use on check in and then how to use it on checkout, the staff member seemed confused as to what to actually do. Later I was to find out that my debit card had been charged twice and I had to wait 10 days for the check in money to be released, this was not a good situation as I had budgeted for this money and not to have the hotel make it difficult for me by charging me twice. I am still wondering why they charge my card on check in instead of just recording the card number in case i did not pay up.
Over all I would not stay at this hotel again, the staff service was lacking and the restaurant poor in the menu and service, The process of charging a card on check in is a bad policy and very off putting.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
jwhur, Guest Relations Manager at Village Hotel Blackpool, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Hi "Ivan C",

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

I was sorry to read that you were disappointed with your stay at the hotel. Your feedback will be given to the senior team on site at the hotel as we would not wish any customers not choosing to stay with us again in the future.

I would like to assure you that all comments/feedback is taken seriously and if you would like to contact me direct to discuss further then please do not hesitate to do so. My contact email address is Janine.whur@devere-hotels.com

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed one night over the weekend in a family room. which had 2 double beds and a pull out settee. Plenty of space and a very large bathroom with two sinks. Plenty of spare toilet rolls but only a soap dispenser no other toiletries which is unusual for a 4 star. What a poor décor design everything was dark with 2 small windows for light. The furniture was in very poor condition, £245 for one night is a lot of money I expected more. The desk/dressing table and bedside tables had little of the original veneer left on them. Maybe if table mats had been provided they wouldn't have got into this state. The beds were very comfortable and good quality bedding. Behind the table where the kettle was had coffee sachets on the floor and was very dusty. Staff obviously don't get a time allowance for serious cleaning in each room.
The pool was lovely but my granddaughter cut her knee on the step near the cascade in the pool. May be this needs looking at. The lifeguard was very attentive and put a plaster on it for her.
Evening meal was very good although the service with hungry children a little slow. However the staff were very attentive and polite. I found this with all the staff. Perhaps its the management that need to look at the issues raised about the building. All the staff from reception, housekeepers and catering are doing are a really good job.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
jwhur, Guest Relations Manager at Village Hotel Blackpool, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Hi "187069George",

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay and that you found the staff to be polite and attentive.

We are currently undergoing works within our bedrooms with regards to paintwork as we have been unable to do this during the very busy summer season due to the volume of guests, so please be assured this is a priority to us.

Please also be assured I will ensure that the relevant management team on site are aware of your constructive comments and feedback ... this is appreciated.

I do hope that you will return to this hotel again if visiting Blackpool in the near future?