Thanks to De vere for a complimentary night away in Blackpool. Set back in the suburbs away from the hurley burley of the front and all the amusements and located on it's own championship golf course this hotel is ideal to see the area but still have a restful ( mostly ) place to come back to.
The hotel is modern, clean, has excellent facilities, pool etc and the staff were very friendly and helpful.
Our upperdeck room was just as advertised with a large flat screen TV with Sky movies and a great view over the 18th green ( room 307 for those golfers amongst you )
One gripe however stops me giving this hotel the 5 star rating that it probably deserves and this is something that seems to becoming more and more prevalent and which is more to do with todays society than the hotel, but breakfast was taken in the Buco restaurant, a lovely italian type but seemed more like a cross between a primary school creche and a telephone booth.Please, please please BAN mobile phones in the restaurants and have a separate small dining room for those with small screaming children who will not say no to their little darlings and allow them to shout and run around to the detriment of other guests. If I had paid full price for this stay for a romantic break I would have been furious. Having said that the breakfast was very good indeed and again the staff were very friendly and helpful although kept very busy dodging small children while carrying hot drinks etc....Health and safety ?
Would definitely stay again and next time take the golf clubs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Blackpool is set in 236 acres of Fylde coast countryside, the hotel is the perfect base for a relaxing leisure break with the splendour of the Trough of Bowland and the Lake District only an hours drive. There's all the fun of the Pleasure Beach, piers and Golden Mile just minutes away offering something for everyone. Village Hotel Blackpool has 174 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, 3 Squash Courts, 3 Tennis Courts, Indoor and Outdoor Swimming Pools, Championship Golf Course, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Village Hotel Blackpool reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Herons Reach Hotel Blackpool
- Herons Reach Blackpool
- Herons Reach Hotel Blackpool
- Blackpool De Hotel Vere