This is our usual place to stay on our bi-annual visit to Blackpool. However yet again Herons Reach got the check in wrong again and we had other issues too.
Deciding to check in to the hotel for a rest after a day at the pleasure beach turned into a fiasco, after 3 times attempting to check into a room that was unsuitable due to the sleeping arrangments, the guy at check in lacked knowledge about the rooms and ended up sending us back to a room that was unsuitable for my sister, her daughter and me which we always explain at time of booking. We tried to phone reception to get the issue resolved but no answer after waiting about an hour to get this sorted we were upgraded to a suitable room. The room however was dark and dusty, for 4 star rating there was no bottled water either, the water glasses were dusty and under the bed quite frankly was poor, full of crumbs etc.
We did not sleep as the room overlooked the car park and all we heard all night were people going out to smoke and coming back in taxis. So we all went home shattered!! We tried to order room service but was told there was a delay as they were busy and after waiting 25 minutes for two glasses of wine cancelled.
The breakfast was average, the hot buffet style was luke warm and trying to toast bread was just ridiculous with toasters that were clearly not suitable for the task and all other guests just crowded round trying to get a bit of toast. The bacon was very greasy and fatty too.
The lesuire facilities are wonderful though and Ruth in the Health Club was excellent, although children swimming did not start until 9.00am (we went down at 7.30am, as we did not sleep) she listened to our concerns used her discretion and let us all swim incluing my neice whom is 11 years old.
On check out we were asked if we had a nice stay, I followed others whom complained about the noise too. I dont think we will be returning sadly after all these years.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Blackpool is set in 236 acres of Fylde coast countryside, the hotel is the perfect base for a relaxing leisure break with the splendour of the Trough of Bowland and the Lake District only an hours drive. There's all the fun of the Pleasure Beach, piers and Golden Mile just minutes away offering something for everyone. Village Hotel Blackpool has 174 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, 3 Squash Courts, 3 Tennis Courts, Indoor and Outdoor Swimming Pools, Championship Golf Course, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Village Hotel Blackpool reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Herons Reach Hotel Blackpool
- Herons Reach Blackpool
- Herons Reach Hotel Blackpool
- Blackpool De Hotel Vere