We have stayed here several times in the past during our Illuminations trip to Blackpool. I have to be honest and say I was disappointed on this occasion.
The main reasons being:-
1) After much wondering and debate we plumped for the Upper Deck upgrade - I was especially excited about the Starbucks drinks package, Sealy mattress topper and Sky movies. Now whilst you do enjoy the Sky movie channel (no others mind!) the Starbucks drinks package is sachets of instant starbucks and a biscotti each and the mattress topper was certainly not in our room! I may have been expecting too much but from memory it was £40 extra per night (we stayed 2 nights) which is a lot extra when you can pick up biscotti in the reception for £1.50!
2) The electric swipe card on our room broke (apparently ran out of charge). Of course these things happen we understand that. However, we were sat in the corridor for a long time whilst Reception tried to contact maintenance who eventually got us into our room and advised that one of us stay in the room now until check out the next morning as was still broken - great! Eventually got given keys to the room next door (so at least we had an extra biscotti!) but wasted our evening and plans. With this in mind we had to order room service - a pizza each. Well my partner ate his but I had one bite. The whole of the topping slid off and was a greasy mess. It looked like a cheap pre-bought base with canned tomotoes flung on it and a couple of anchovies. Was inedible.
3) Upon check out I tried to point out my dissatisfaction but no-one gave a monkeys. I had pre-paid on the DeVere website so it seemed nothing could be done. I just had to pay for the overpriced and inedible pizzas and be on our way. When I checked the receipt I had also been stung for credit card charges even though I paid on debit card - I eventually got this £2.50 back.
So all in all whilst it is a nice place I feel that for us the Upper Deck is not a worthwhile upgrade or it is far overpriced. Mostly however I am disappointed how as returning and loyal DV customers we were just fobbed off.
The leisure facilities are great - we did several classes, used the Spa and gym/pool - all of this was a brilliant experience. Also the parking is still free and plentiful which I think is great for Blackpool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Blackpool is set in 236 acres of Fylde coast countryside, the hotel is the perfect base for a relaxing leisure break with the splendour of the Trough of Bowland and the Lake District only an hours drive. There's all the fun of the Pleasure Beach, piers and Golden Mile just minutes away offering something for everyone. Village Hotel Blackpool has 174 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, 3 Squash Courts, 3 Tennis Courts, Indoor and Outdoor Swimming Pools, Championship Golf Course, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Ebookers, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Village Hotel Blackpool reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Herons Reach Hotel Blackpool
- Herons Reach Blackpool
- Herons Reach Hotel Blackpool
- Blackpool De Hotel Vere