“great staff”

Ranked #31 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Northampton, United Kingdom
“great staff”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Have stayed here several times business and leisure, lovely welcome by friendly staff. Very convenient for all facilities but feels like staying in country.Always very clean.
Just booked again both Sarah and Claire reception helped me with a complex booking made easy!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
jwhur, Guest Relations Manager at Village Hotel Blackpool, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Hi "Jill G",

Thank you for your review of Village Blackpool.

Great to hear that you have already booked to stay again ... I will ensure that the Reception girls are aware of your lovely feedback about them.

We hope that you enjoy your next stay with us and we look forward to your return.

Janine Whur

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We stated in last Saturday night as part of the £30 January sale and what a brilliant time we had.

Friendly and swift check in.
Lovely leisure club facilities. Swimming in the hot outdoor pool in winter was amazing.
Had a beautiful "Upper Deck" room which had huge comfy bed and stunning decor. We didn't get the usual Upper Deck facilities such as Bose system, Starbucks coffee, and movies but as we were on sake offer, I guess these were removed. Very quiet rooms, no noise from corridors. Double blinds so very dark. Had best nights sleep in ages.

Not so good
We didn't stay for breakfast but queues were very long
Tiny bathrooms, difficult to get out of shower
The bar was not so welcoming - full of loud sport TVs, so we had a drink in Buccas.
Quite a busy hotel, full of children in foyer and in pool. Maybe time of year or due to the January offer?
Location was away from centre, surprised by £12 taxi fare to front!!

Would definitely return at a quieter time of year. We felt revived and happy

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi "warnzy",

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

We are pleased that you had a brilliant stay with us and that you had a great nights sleep.

We have been very busy this month and I quite understand that the next time you do want to "escape" you would potentially come back during a quieter period. I am more than happy to advise you of this so please do not hesitate to contact me direct at Janine.whur@devere-hotels.com

York
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I have stayed at The Village Blackpool on many an occasion this year, some weeks staying as many as 3 nights. Whilst there I visited the Gym, which is great. I spoke to the staff there about the gym membership and the savings that can be made with the great discounts on rooms, from as little as £53 on the members site. You also get a good discount off food and drink.

I joined the membership and thought I would now take advantage of the offer, only to find that it is a scam, on the members site the rooms are marked as from £53, when you click on the room you get a different rate that is double that amount, I questioned the rate with the sales director at the site who kindly informed me that they do not do the £53 rate at this hotel.

A bit disappointed, so voted with my feet.

The hotel is generally OK, the Italian restaurant is not great as the portions are too small, the Barolo is not the best I have had, so do go for a cheaper wine.

The sports bar is great for a bar snack, good portions, if you do not mind walking across the hotel to the cash machine as the card machine is cantankerous, ( may be fixed now, but if so they took their time), it is relatively simple catering food though, but it is what you would expect, and reasonable quality.

Rooms great, not near the squash courts though.

The staff are great, may be let down by management, or micromanagement from head office?

Overall, good potential, but there lack of customer care forced me to look elsewhere, The Cartford Inn, same money, great quality.

Room Tip: If you like an early night, away from the squash courts.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Hi "Dominic M",

Thank you for your review of Village Blackpool.

Its disappointing to read that you do not feel appreciated especially if you have stayed with us on a regular basis?

We would want all our guests to feel appreciated but we cannot always offer a rate of £53 B&B ... this would be dependant upon what rates we do have available at the time.

I am more than happy to discuss this further with you if you do want to contact me direct I can then advise you of when this particular offer would be available at this particular Village Hotel.

My direct email address is: Janine.whur@devere-hotels.com

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We had booked to stay xmas eve to boxing day a package that included a meal in the italian restaurant on xmas eve, breakfast for 2 mornings and xmas lunch.We really enjoyed our stay we stayed in an upper deck room which was spacious and comfortable also had a view over the golf course.The only negative we found was the lift was not working when we got there and as we were on the 2nd floor it was a bit of a pain to carry bags up the stairs,although reception did say if we were struggling they would find someone to carry our bags.Our meal in the Bucca on xmas eve was just ok (we have had better )they ran out of 3 of the desserts on the fixed menu and it was only 8 o' clock.Breakfast was good as always and Xmas day lunch was good also although we had to join a large queue to enter the restaurant it was rather chaotic.This was our second xmas we had spent at Herons Reach and would not hesitate to book again.

Room Tip: Upgrade to an upper deck room they are well worth the extra money.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi "julesmcfc",

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your festive celebrations with us and that you enjoyed your room with a view of the golf course.

Its always lovely to hear when guests will return and we will look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for one night. Classed as one of the best hotels in Blackpool we were really excited for our visit.
More pricey than some, we really wanted somewhere with a spa which is one main reason for booking this hotel and something a bit more special. On top of the room price we also had to pay for a taxi which we knew but still, it bumped up the price.
We arrived before 3, but the friendly lady on reception checked us in anyway, in a way I would rather have waited as the room was not clean. Certainly not to the standard it promotes itself as. I've stayed in lower rated hotels and they have been much cleaner. All mirrors were finger marked, the floor was not hoovered properly and the light switches were covered in greasy finger marks. Also, the window ledge and window were sticky, spilled drinks. I would rather the room be clean and check in at 3 than check in early.
The spa: no outdoor pool, maintenance, led to indoor pool been overcrowded and a very small sauna. Disappointing considering this was one of the main aims of our trip.
The pub; way over priced and only one cider choice. Pool table good and plenty of seating. Poor bar service. We stood waiting and then the barman served someone who was just walking towards the bar while we stood there money ready in our hands?!! (Yes I did contact the hotel with regards to my negative points.)
Breakfast was crowded and rushed, tepid food.
Overall, if i got a cheap price I might stay here again but I will be looking elsewhere for my next visit to Blackpool. Shame.

Room Tip: Upper deck room
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi "bee088",

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

We are sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your recent stay with us.

Your points will be addressed with the Management team direct and you do also mention that you have also contacted us direct with your issues?

Please do not hesitate to contact me direct if you do feel your issues have not had a positive outcome? My email address is Janine.whur@devere-hotels.com

North Wales, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Good hotel in nice grounds and area. Spa and pool good with helpful and friendly staff. Solarium door wouldn't shut though which became a pain as you never got the full benefit

Room was nice but water was not hot enough for a bath and I could get the heater to work in the room. Slept in jumper and sock with pjs on the first night!,

Breakfast good but not as much choice as in some hotels of the same caliber. The hotel was shabby in places and the steps walking up to the entrance are waiting for a claim to happen as they are a little loose!!!!!

The bar was expensive for drinks as was the food but again you don't really have a choice as you were not in the middle of Blackpool so it's a captive audience really.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Hi "jo f",

Thank you for your review of Village Blackpool.

We are pleased that you did enjoy your overall stay with us but's it's a shame that you couldn't work your heater within your bedroom as I am sure any of the team on site would have been happy to assist you.

We do hope you will return to stay with us again should you be visiting Blackpool?

Ripponden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Just got back from devere village hotel today after 2 nites stay me and my partner and my 3 young children had the best New Year's Eve family party was excellent food was excellent . The rooms were clean and comfortable the staff were very friendly .the swimming pool indoor and outdoor was good for the children we loved our stay and will be returning in the future thank you for making our New Year's Eve memorable Emma waddington and family

Room Tip: The family plus room was excellent
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Hi "Emma W",

Thank you for your review of Village Blackpool.

It's great to hear that you and your family enjoyed your New Years Eve celebrations at the hotel. I will ensure that all at the hotel are aware of your great review.

We do hope that you and your family will return and see us again this year.