I booked this trip on a KGB voucher with no problem at all, in fact they were very helpful as I booked in for one day and had to change it - no problem.
On arrival the receptionist was very helpful, however she was going to check for us what time our evening meal was booked for and let us have a menu but we never found out or saw the menu!
You do need to make sure you take your KGB voucher in a printed form in triplicate! As one is needed on reception, the spa want one for the 25% off the treatments and the restaurant for the evening meal!
The hotel lifts were out of order so had to walk up 2 flights of stairs with all our bags, ok for me but mum has just had an operation on her knee and this made it quite hard.
When we got in our room we found that the soap dispenser in the bathroom was empty but this did get filled up after a call to reception and the bathroom bin was still full of the last persons rubbish!!
The pool is very nice but I was very upset that the jacuzzi wasn't working!
The first impression of the hotel from the outside look lovely but to be honest once you get inside it could do with a good lick of paint especially when your in the outdoor pool the window frames and outside walls look terrible.
The soap dispenser in the ladies changing room dispensed a load of black mouldy gunge which didn't look good when your trying to have a wash!!
The spa was fantastic, I had the body polish which was lovely and my mum had a back neck and shoulder massage which she loved, the ladies in the spa were very helpful and nice.
We had our evening meal in the Buca restaurant which was like something out of faulty towers! It was quite empty there were only about 4 or 5 tables occupied but the staff were running round like headless chickens as if they couldn't cope!
The meal was very nice and large portions, in fact we couldn't eat it all there was that much.
The beds are very comfy but the rooms get very warm! We turned the heating off and it was still hot through the night. Not very good lighting in the rooms, there's no central light just lamps.
All in all we had a nice stay but it's those little things that count and from such a big hotel I would have expected a bit more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Blackpool is set in 236 acres of Fylde coast countryside, the hotel is the perfect base for a relaxing leisure break with the splendour of the Trough of Bowland and the Lake District only an hours drive. There's all the fun of the Pleasure Beach, piers and Golden Mile just minutes away offering something for everyone. Village Hotel Blackpool has 174 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, 3 Squash Courts, 3 Tennis Courts, Indoor and Outdoor Swimming Pools, Championship Golf Course, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Village Hotel Blackpool reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Herons Reach Hotel Blackpool
- Herons Reach Blackpool
- Herons Reach Hotel Blackpool
- Blackpool De Hotel Vere