“Mixed reviews!”

Village Hotel Blackpool
Ranked #30 of 70 Hotels in Blackpool
“Mixed reviews!”
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

I booked this trip on a KGB voucher with no problem at all, in fact they were very helpful as I booked in for one day and had to change it - no problem.

On arrival the receptionist was very helpful, however she was going to check for us what time our evening meal was booked for and let us have a menu but we never found out or saw the menu!

You do need to make sure you take your KGB voucher in a printed form in triplicate! As one is needed on reception, the spa want one for the 25% off the treatments and the restaurant for the evening meal!

The hotel lifts were out of order so had to walk up 2 flights of stairs with all our bags, ok for me but mum has just had an operation on her knee and this made it quite hard.

When we got in our room we found that the soap dispenser in the bathroom was empty but this did get filled up after a call to reception and the bathroom bin was still full of the last persons rubbish!!

The pool is very nice but I was very upset that the jacuzzi wasn't working!

The first impression of the hotel from the outside look lovely but to be honest once you get inside it could do with a good lick of paint especially when your in the outdoor pool the window frames and outside walls look terrible.

The soap dispenser in the ladies changing room dispensed a load of black mouldy gunge which didn't look good when your trying to have a wash!!

The spa was fantastic, I had the body polish which was lovely and my mum had a back neck and shoulder massage which she loved, the ladies in the spa were very helpful and nice.

We had our evening meal in the Buca restaurant which was like something out of faulty towers! It was quite empty there were only about 4 or 5 tables occupied but the staff were running round like headless chickens as if they couldn't cope!

The meal was very nice and large portions, in fact we couldn't eat it all there was that much.

The beds are very comfy but the rooms get very warm! We turned the heating off and it was still hot through the night. Not very good lighting in the rooms, there's no central light just lamps.

All in all we had a nice stay but it's those little things that count and from such a big hotel I would have expected a bit more.

Stayed January 2014
jwhur, Guest Relations Manager at Village Hotel Blackpool, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Hi "Clare2012",

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your overall recent stay with us.

Your feedback is appreciated and I will ensure that the relevant Management team are aware of your comments.

If you do want to contact me direct to discuss your issues further then please do not hesitate to email me at Janine.whur@devere-hotels.com

Janine Whur

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
Wisbech
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Lost count of the times we stayed here,mostly happy as well,but the last time was the worse and so it was the wifes wish to stay here again,I prefer the Hilton!! so booked thru a agent for three nights b&b,good price,yes important in these times,sent a e-mail for a room please,which overlooked the golf course in good time as well.On late arrival (told them on phone ahead no problem) the guy at the desk looked puzzled as 3nights had become 2 with the middle night missing,showed him booking details,said ok,said it would be sorted in morning,made way to roomby now very dark so found room,same decor as usual,great 20 yrs ago,yes clean tidy,reasonable bed,tea making facilities ok.nice quiet sleep down to breakfast,long wait 10/12 min`s in line,others pushing thru,got seat,room appeared to be 1/2 empty with uncleared tables,staff walking past,got pot of tea/coffee after twice asking,food at best 1/2 cold etc with toast a joke,next day just the same,manageress? must have seen what was happening but!! so sorry devere but things will have to change before we come again,I hope they do,lovely spot ,nice facilities swimming,gym etc.

Room Tip: forget it,go somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi "rodWisbech,

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

We are sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your most recent stay with us.

Please be assured that your feedback will be addressed with the Management team on site and I also hope that you did speak to someone during your stay also?

If you wish to contact me direct then please do not hesitate to do so at Janine.whur@devere-hotels.com

Yorkshire
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night . Check in was speedy and very friendly, although we were given a room that was already occupied ! Embarrassing ! We were then upgraded to a larger room with 2 double beds , and the girl from reception was very apologetic. We ate in Buca in the evening which was a lovely meal , and as in most restaurants , overpriced wine.
We then had a drink in the bar which was quite brightly lit , and quite noisy. The beds are very comfortable but we found the room dark with no central light. As we had an early start the next day, we struggled to see to put make up on properly, not ideal. The bathroom also needed upgrading .
Although breakfast was provided with our room deal, the hot breakfast was in fact, stone cold. So we settled for toast and jam. All in all an ok place to stay for a night , but there must be better places to stay around Blackpool - would not return again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank guccigirl10
Hi "guccigirl10",

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

We are sorry to read that you did not enjoy your overall stay with us. Your feedback will be addressed with the relevant Management team on site.

If you do wish to discuss any of your issues further, then please do not hesitate to contact me direct at Janine.whur@devere-hotels.com

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I visited Herons Reach in Blackpool under not ideal circumstances and stayed for six days, I am happy to say that this wonderful hotel was a home from home and made a difficult week a lot easier.
The hotel is set in beautiful grounds , the long driveway to the hotel features a lovely large pond with swans and other bird life and pretty park areas which certainly attracts lots of happy walkers , dogs and joggers. The hotel is next door to Blackpool Zoo and adjacent to Stanley Park around 10 minutes by car from central Blackpool.
The reception is clean , modern and welcoming with fantastic , friendly staff , The reception staff are without a doubt some of the nicest people I have ever met in the hotel trade , they are a credit to the hotel . Check in was simple and the rates for the stay excellent.
The rooms are lovely , modern , clean and plenty of space . The bed , mattress and linen are all great quality, the room on the first floor was quiet and the extra blinds blocked out any lights. I can honestly say I had a great nights sleep every night.
The room featured a large modern Samsung TV with Digital Channels and Radio , a nice comfy chair by the bed which was super for relaxing and an important factor when trying to keep in touch with family free wifi which actually works and is not capped !!! Tea , Coffee and Herbal Tea topped up every day by room service , who keep the rooms spotless.
The bathroom is small, but ample space for a couple with a good size bath and shower, the shower is amazing, powerful and hot.
The Buca Restaurant is where breakfast is served everyday. You can pick up a free copy of the Independent which is great. The breakfast staff were lovely , warm friendly and a smile for everybody . The breakfast menu is a simple self serve with cold cereals , fruits , juice , croissants and jams and a very tasty hot buffet which sets you up for the day ahead.
I ate once in the Buca restaurant in the evening and once with room service , the food is very good , fresh , well presented and tasty at a very reasonable price.
I also ate in the Victory Pub on several occasions, the pub itself within the hotel has a stunning outlook over the golf course , the decor is welcoming and modern, the food is very good pub food , lots of choice on the menu , well made and served quickly. The pub staff and charming and genuinely interested in their customers , a wonderful welcoming team. The same can be said of the Starbucks found in the reception area.
Personally the jewel in the crown of this hotel was the pool facilities , I did not use the gym but it looked fantastic and seemed very popular. The indoor pool is large , clean and very well run. The changing facilities are modern and well maintained , but the outdoor pool I fell in love with, often swimming alone on a crisp January morning in a beautiful heated pool really it was good for the soul.
Herons Reach is an amazing place , remarkable staff , beautiful grounds and a genuine care for the customers that walk though its doors every day. I cannot thank you all enough for making a very difficult week so much easier. I certainly will be returning in the future to this very special hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Hi "Del A",

What a lovely review ... its great to hear that although you were staying in not ideal circumstances you did have the opportunity to relax whilst at the hotel.

For a guest to say it was "home from home" is the best feedback we can all wish for. I will ensure that the team on site are aware of your very positive comments and I do hope you will visit the hotel again in the near future and use the outdoor pool again.

Kilmarnock
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I am very sorry I cannot review the hotel facilities etc as this hotel is playing the voucher game of selling vouchers and severely restricting availability . Called at beginning of January after learning works shifts . After 25min of calls I was told there was no availability for the full of January and February ???? . As the deal runs out at the end of February this was very conveniant for them . ( rooms are still available online as I write ) . I was told the manager would call and I am still waiting ??? . A big thank you to KGB Deals for my refund after email !! A big let down from a large hotel group !!!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank baggiokfc
Hi "baggiokfc",

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

I am sorry to learn that you have been unable to stay with us, although I am unsure that if we have been selling vouchers why you have not been able to use this? Is this something to do with the terms and conditions from KGB and the night you wished to stay?

You have stated that you have contacted us direct, I do hope that this has now been addressed but if you do feel you do want further feedback then please do not hesitate to contact me direct at Janine.whur@devere-hotels.com

Janine Whur

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Have stayed here several times business and leisure, lovely welcome by friendly staff. Very convenient for all facilities but feels like staying in country.Always very clean.
Just booked again both Sarah and Claire reception helped me with a complex booking made easy!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi "Jill G",

Thank you for your review of Village Blackpool.

Great to hear that you have already booked to stay again ... I will ensure that the Reception girls are aware of your lovely feedback about them.

We hope that you enjoy your next stay with us and we look forward to your return.

Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We stated in last Saturday night as part of the £30 January sale and what a brilliant time we had.

Friendly and swift check in.
Lovely leisure club facilities. Swimming in the hot outdoor pool in winter was amazing.
Had a beautiful "Upper Deck" room which had huge comfy bed and stunning decor. We didn't get the usual Upper Deck facilities such as Bose system, Starbucks coffee, and movies but as we were on sake offer, I guess these were removed. Very quiet rooms, no noise from corridors. Double blinds so very dark. Had best nights sleep in ages.

Not so good
We didn't stay for breakfast but queues were very long
Tiny bathrooms, difficult to get out of shower
The bar was not so welcoming - full of loud sport TVs, so we had a drink in Buccas.
Quite a busy hotel, full of children in foyer and in pool. Maybe time of year or due to the January offer?
Location was away from centre, surprised by £12 taxi fare to front!!

Would definitely return at a quieter time of year. We felt revived and happy

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi "warnzy",

Thank you for your recent review of Village Blackpool.

We are pleased that you had a brilliant stay with us and that you had a great nights sleep.

We have been very busy this month and I quite understand that the next time you do want to "escape" you would potentially come back during a quieter period. I am more than happy to advise you of this so please do not hesitate to contact me direct at Janine.whur@devere-hotels.com